OT: the Saints could be marching to SA

CowboyChris

Reaction score
according to ESPN News, The Saints could be moving their practices to San Antonio, and further more the Alamo Dome could be a possiblity to host all their home games this year. there is possiblity that the Saints could play at Baton Rouge where LSU plays.

kmp77

Reaction score
Would be kinda weird since the saints wouldnt have many actual fans there. They have poor turn out at home, doubt people would travel to SA to see them.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
kmp77 said:
Would be kinda weird since the saints wouldnt have many actual fans there. They have poor turn out at home, doubt people would travel to SA to see them.

They would be way better off playing in Baton Rouge. THe Saints have a good fan following throughout the state, but they have a love hate relationship with the city of New Orleans so that spills over into the local fanbase. Kinda sad really but hey, it's not the Cowboys.

Honestly, this is real small potatoes compared to what they are facing in NO right now.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
well being that im a little over an hour away from San Antonio, and the crowds could be a little thin, i could actually get to a couple of NFL games this year, i wouldnt mind it

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
I just checked out the Saints schedule just in case........as long as they don't interfere with the Cowboy games I'll go.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Mr Cowboy said:
I just checked out the Saints schedule just in case........as long as they don't interfere with the Cowboy games I'll go.

they probably wouldnt since we are playing the whole west coast the first part of the year

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
I don't see how the Saints will be able to carry on with any success this year.

Frankly I wouldn't blame them if they didn't play at all this season. They live in that city and how they are able to deal with all the personal issues and still play football is beyond me. This goes way beyond whether they can play in the Dome or if their facility was damaged or where they could play their home games.

The Governor of Louisiana is calling for every person in the city of New Orleans to be removed from the city because conditions have deteriorated so rapidly and the city is incapable of sustaining life!

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
Honestly, this is real small potatoes compared to what they are facing in NO right now.

Oh man, that news today is terrible. Kinda puts things in perspective, eh Cajun?

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica said:
I don't see how the Saints will be able to carry on with any success this year.

Frankly I wouldn't blame them if they didn't play at all this season. They live in that city and how they are able to deal with all the personal issues and still play football is beyond me. This goes way beyond whether they can play in the Dome or if their facility was damaged or where they could play their home games.

The Governor of Louisiana is calling for every person in the city of New Orleans to be removed from the city because conditions have deteriorated so rapidly and the city is incapable of sustaining life!
amen man i just saw this too and felt so bad

http://www.wdsu.com/weather/4917809/detail.html

our prayers with them it is sad news indeed

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
Oh man, that news today is terrible. Kinda puts things in perspective, eh Cajun?
Indeed it does my friend, indeed it does.

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
CowboyChris said:
well being that im a little over an hour away from San Antonio, and the crowds could be a little thin, i could actually get to a couple of NFL games this year, i wouldnt mind it

Same here,except when the boys play.