OT: Tony Dungy's Son Dead***Condolence Thread***

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Someone posted "suicide". I haven't read any indication that it was suicide. We shouldn't report that until it's known for sure.

wsmith_1972

Reaction score
calico said:
Check out his myspace...not how I pictured him at all

dungy

Last log in was yesterday.

Didn't suprise me. Rich kid with straight arrow parents. Like a preachers son. They like to rebel and experiment.

Gordon

Reaction score
MySpace is this community (usually people under 18) that was created I believe for bands to promote their shows at first and has now turned into ways for teens to meet, tell people about parties, etc. Basically, everyone has their own little bio-page, and other people can access it and communicate with them. Anyone that's in college, it's basically "facebook" for HS students.

As for his page, that page is absurd. If I was the son of someone famous, especially someone as conservative as Dungy, I wouldn't be plastering marijuana leaves and guns all over my page and saying I'm going to kill people, but that's just me.

Either way, very sad news to hear, especially to a guy like Dungy.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Tony Dungy's son found dead in a Tampa Bay apartment early this morning. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and yours during this tragedy.

OOPS! Go ahead an merge this thread with the first one. My apologies for not looking close enough. Sorry Mods.

jay cee

Reaction score
Hiero said:
wow dungys kid is a thug, i wonder how common this is for coaches son. dad is never around.
More like a wannabe thug, real gangstas aint posing on web pages. Poor kid, I really feel sorry for him and his family. His parents probably just though he was going through a phase. If it was indeed suicide, he must have been pretty torn up inside.

Even if they do win the superbowl, Dungy won't really be able to enjoy it after this.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
How do you all know that is Dungy's kid? Not doubting, I have never been to their community, just trying to figure out how a positive id was made.

jay cee

Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
How do you all know that is Dungy's kid? Not doubting, I have never been to their community, just trying to figure out how a positive id was made.
Well, I for one looked at the web page and made an assumption. And we all know what happens when we assume something, don't we? :eek::

So I will refrain from making anymore stupid comments until more information is available.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
jay cee said:
Well, I for one looked at the web page and made an assumption. And we all know what happens when we assume something, don't we? :eek::

So I will refrain from making anymore stupid comments until more information is available.

Yeah, all I saw was the guy went by "Dungy", which could Tony Dungy lmao.

All seriousness though, if that is him, he sounded like a very angry young man and seemed to have alot of hate in his heart.

May God Bless him

- Mike G.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
kingwhicker said:
Man that is horrible news and at Christmas no less.

The Holidays always seem to see an upswing in suicides... I reckon that's a particularly hard time of the year for those in deep emotional pain, watching all the happy people around them... it drives home how isolated they feel...

Tony Dungy is living a parent's worst nightmare... I suspect this will haunt him for a long, long time...

calico

Reaction score
Some friends of his posted the link in another forum. I would believe it, but am not 100%.

If you look to the right of the page where people post messages, if you click on the volleyball girl's page, you will see Dungy's last posting to her.

He says that he can't talk to anyone anymore...it is really strange.

I have never really been on myspace, but it has been in the news alot lately. A kid posted a suicide message last month before he killed himself and a girl was murdered by someone she met on myspace a few months ago.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
silverbear said:
The Holidays always seem to see an upswing in suicides... I reckon that's a particularly hard time of the year for those in deep emotional pain, watching all the happy people around them... it drives home how isolated they feel...

That is a good point.

- Mike G.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
calico said:
Some friends of his posted the link in another forum. I would believe it, but am not 100%.

If you look to the right of the page where people post messages, if you click on the volleyball girl's page, you will see Dungy's last posting to her.

He says that he can't talk to anyone anymore...it is really strange.

I have never really been on myspace, but it has been in the news alot lately. A kid posted a suicide message last month before he killed himself and a girl was murdered by someone she met on myspace a few months ago.

I didnt see that one, I saw this one though

12/22/2005 8:38:00 AM

I can't believe your gone....you'll always be in my heart you made school fun and made me laugh every chance you had to talk to me ill never forget the things we did and our conversations I love you james and always will rest in peace we love you

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Just curious, but where are you guys getting suicide from? All the reports I've read say nothing about suicide.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
That is a good point.

- Mike G.

I have a new empathy for that sort of thing, I went through a pretty dark period the first Christmas season after my Mom died... we buried her the day before the 9/11 tragedy, I was looking at my 50th birthday coming up the next August, and all I could think about was how I was the last member of my family still alive...

Talk about a sense of isolation... I never got to the point where I was suicidal, but I was most assuredly one hurtin' Bear... but I figure the pain was still so fresh that I could get past it, I have had no recurrences of that self-pity in subsequent holiday seasons...

Anyway, I can certainly understand how somebody deep in the grips of depression would find life a bit more unbearable during the holidays... what sucks is as a result of this young man giving in to his despair, the Christmas holidays will be a time of pain for his family from now until the last of them joins him in death...

Christmas will never again be a time of joy for the Dungy family...