OT-what you guys think of Whitehurst?

Reaction score
There are not 10 senior QB's better than Whitehurst, He's a four year starter the school's alltime leader passer plays in a tough conference. I believe you get great value in the 3rd or 4th round with him sort of like Orton

kartr

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
Clemson QB Charlie Whitehurst? Senior, is having a pretty good year: 60+% completion, 11 TDs, 7 INTs, NFL bloodlines

thoughts?

disclaimer: I'm a huge Henson fan and want him to start sometime in the future, but I hear about Brady Quinn, Marcus McNeal and others, and thought I'd ask what you guys thought about this guy

Up and down guy, more down than up, not very talented.

kartr

Reaction score
WilmingtonHeel said:
There are not 10 senior QB's better than Whitehurst, He's a four year starter the school's alltime leader passer plays in a tough conference. I believe you get great value in the 3rd or 4th round with him sort of like Orton

You're kidding, right?

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
wont be tremendously surprised if Leinart never pans out into a bigtime QB, but I really dont think Whitehurst has much chance to be a good one either...other than one season Whitehurst has beena huge disappointment at Clemson...as others have mentioned he makes extremely poor decisions and really isnt very accurate

He currently has a 67% completion rate this year. If that's not accurate, I don't know what is.

I'd like to see him improve his accuracy on the deep ball, but with the larger size college football, typically I find that QB's become more accurate in the pro game when it comes to the deep ball.

He's been in an offense that really doesn't fit his strengths ever since he came to Clemson and has been saddled with poor O-Linemen and WR's who can't catch.

I really believe he's a late first rounder because he'll wow scouts at the combine and Senior Bowl.

Rich...........
not a Clemson fan, just a draftnick

kartr

Reaction score
Hostile said:
He's no Quincy Carter huh?

:grin:

You got that right. I watched the guy all last year. If Carter had played as poorly as he did, Carter would have had to go to Canada instead of the NFL.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
kartr said:
You got that right. I watched the guy all last year. If Carter had played as poorly as he did, Carter would have had to go to Canada instead of the NFL.
Irony.

I love it.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
kartr said:

You have to look back at his Fr. and Soph. years. Not just his Jr. year. Understand that in his Jr. year, he was basically learning the new offense and the talent around him was not great. This kid has had 3 very solid years as a starter.

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
I'm telling everyone, whoever gets jay cutler is getting the steal of the draft. The guy is polished. I have a feeling after the combine he will have solidified himself as a mid to late first round selection.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
kartr said:

and what NFL team is your hero with today?

oh wait thats right, nobody wanted his scrub drugged out arse

David

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
miamicowboy21 said:
I'm telling everyone, whoever gets jay cutler is getting the steal of the draft. The guy is polished. I have a feeling after the combine he will have solidified himself as a mid to late first round selection.

He kinda reminds me of Favre.

jay cee

Reaction score
Hostile said:
He's no Quincy Carter huh?

:grin:

dbair1967 said:
and what NFL team is your hero with today?

oh wait thats right, nobody wanted his scrub drugged out arse

Keep this thread in mind the next time you guys want to rip Kartr for one of his patented posts in the future.

As stupid as you think his posts propping Carter are, these are just as stupid. You get mad when he constantly brings up Carter, but then you turn around and do it yourselves when he was giving his opinion on something totally unrelated. :confused:

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
jay cee said:
Keep this thread in mind the next time you guys want to rip Kartr for one of his patented posts in the future.

As stupid as you think his posts propping Carter are, these are just as stupid. You get mad when he constantly brings up Carter, but then you turn around and do it yourselves when he was giving his opinion on something totally unrelated. :confused:

you'd be hard pressed to find more than 2% of his posts that arnt directly or indirectly about Q-bong...why do you think he calls himself "kartr" ?

David

jay cee

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
you'd be hard pressed to find more than 2% of his posts that arnt directly or indirectly about Q-bong...why do you think he calls himself "kartr" ?

David
He did not bring up Carter in this post. It was by Hostile who I seem to remember was someone who always professed to be sick of the Carter crap. And you quickly joined in, so I guess you guys really do enjoy rehashing the Carter debates.