Twitter: OTA’s 6/3 Twitter Thread

HungryLion

Reaction score
I feel confident that by the end of the season everyone will love Micah Parsons.

It's not just the talent. It's the attitude, it's the demeanor, it's the way this man thinks. He's a dog. Born and bred for it.

My only concern is he doesn't allow this toxic culture to change him over time.

He is a true alpha. A blue chip, always been the big man on campus *and backed it up with his play* alpha.

let’s hope he changes camp cupcake at the Star versus it changing him.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Parsons said at his press conference that he isn't really a vocal leader. I was hoping he was. We need someone to turn into Sam Kinison whenever they see their teammates doing the wrong thing.

I didn't expect that from a rookie but I was hoping by the time he was ready for his next contract he'd be that guy. As far as I'm concerned he is the centerpiece of this defense going forward.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Parsons said at his press conference that he isn't really a vocal leader. I was hoping he was. We need someone to turn into Sam Kinison whenever they see their teammates doing the wrong thing.

I didn't expect that from a rookie but I was hoping by the time he was ready for his next contract he'd be that guy. As far as I'm concerned he is the centerpiece of this defense going forward.
Sam Kinison's schtick was a joke that nobody would take seriously.
That's why he became a comedian with it.

But I'm sure you know that and will lay hands on people because that's your joke.

I like it!

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score

Here we thought you had Jaylon as the centerpiece all this time.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Isn't it amazing how we can go thru the worst season and then the first signs of practice and we're all ready to book tickets to the super bowl?!

No sarcasm. I love this time of year when anything is possible. It's also so indicative of life as a football fan. Everything starts all over again in the summer and we basically forget the previous season was ever a thing. Like a CB who just got burned, getting right back to business the next play.

I don't think anyone has mentioned Superbowl just yet. But comparing to what we have now on defense, all I can say Im really giddy to see what they can do.

Gaede

Reaction score
I feel confident that by the end of the season everyone will love Micah Parsons.

It's not just the talent. It's the attitude, it's the demeanor, it's the way this man thinks. He's a dog. Born and bred for it.

My only concern is he doesn't allow this toxic culture to change him over time.

That's a legit concern though. I feel like everytime we add somebody with a fight in them, the Dallas culture weathers them down eventually. How couldn't it? All the glitz and glamour and acting like every win = the super bowl etc. It's be so tempting to get 'fat' after every accomplishment, no matter how minor. Dez didn't lose his fight, but it stood out so much, he had to leave the team basically

I agree though. Parsons was a damn good pick, and I'm more and more impressed with him with every piece of news.

Last edited:

phildadon86

Reaction score
That's a legit concern though. I feel like everytime we add somebody with a fight in them, the Dallas culture weathers them down eventually. How couldn't it? All the glitz and glamour and acting like every win = the super bowl etc. It's be so tempting to get 'fat' after every accomplishment, no matter how minor. Dez didn't lose his fight, but it stood out so much, he had to leave the team basically

I agree though. Parsons was a damn good pick, and I'm more and more impressed with him with every piece of news.
Dez left the team because his play fell off a cliff.

John813

Reaction score

We got BossmanFat to be our vocal rapper. Close enough.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
There are players who become leaders the minute they get somewhere.

Cowboys haven't had one of those since Michael Irvin. Now he was a very vocal player, but that's not necessary to be a leader.

Hopefully Parsons will be "the guy" on the defense....