OTA Offensive Line

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Absolutely! If he works out, you’d have a cheap LT for a few years, along with Tyler Smith. You could then afford to pay Steele to be your RT while you phase out of the Martin contract.

It would be huge.
And I love this years pick of OT Asim Richards and think he is a future starter at OG.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And I love this years pick of OT Asim Richards and think he is a future starter at OG.
That would also be great. A guy I’m intrigued by is Brock Hoffman. He might be able to compete for one of those interior positions. And he looks like a nasty finisher.

I recommend watching his YouTube videos.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Obviously not a finished project with Steele still out and Martin taking vet day. This is how they lined up yesterday:

LT -Tyler
LG- Farniok
C- Tyler
RG- Ball
RT - Tyron

That would be the worst pair of starting guards in football. Let’s hope for good health moving forward
Hey come on , dont diss my man Farniok, Ball you can , LOL
:laugh:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
When Steele and Martin in there… the OL will look MUCH different.

You take two starters out of any team’s OL and the lineup will look way worse
The Dallas OL will be fine.
Like last year?

Tyron is healthy, and the line looks bad. How long do you think until he goes down?

You can hope, but thats about it. This line is in big trouble this year. It wasnt good last year, and it wont be good this year.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Should be noted Chuma Edoga rotated with Farniok with the first team line.

I think once Steele is healthy Tyron goes back to LT and Tyler Smith kicks inside to LG.

Of course once the older Smith inevitably gets hurt again, younger Smith goes back to LT and then we wonder who's at guard again.
This is all about keeping Tyler as the starting LT from here into the future. So Tyron will be playing RT full time until he gets hurt. When Steele comes back he will be at LG. Until Tyron gets hurt and then he shifts back to RT.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
This is all about keeping Tyler as the starting LT from here into the future. So Tyron will be playing RT full time until he gets hurt. When Steele comes back he will be at LG. Until Tyron gets hurt and then he shifts back to RT.
Don't know how I feel about Steele playing guard. At this point he is a better RT than Tyron. If the Cowboys want their best five on the field at the best spots I think the line goes (left to right) Tyron Smith, Tyler Smith, Tyler Biadasz, Zack Martin, and Terrence Steele.

If Tyron gets hurt again, move Tyler out to LT and roll with Farniok or Edoga at LG. Or maybe Asim Richards steps up there.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Don't know how I feel about Steele playing guard. At this point he is a better RT than Tyron. If the Cowboys want their best five on the field at the best spots I think the line goes (left to right) Tyron Smith, Tyler Smith, Tyler Biadasz, Zack Martin, and Terrence Steele.

If Tyron gets hurt again, move Tyler out to LT and roll with Farniok or Edoga at LG. Or maybe Asim Richards steps up there.
They clearly want Tyler at LT from here on out. For better or worse I do agree with an eye on the future.

Tyron is just a matter of time before he gets hurt so I can see how playing him at RT works until he gets hurt. And he will get hurt. I think they also understand that Steele is going to miss some games to start the year. So they are having him, Chuma, Farniok filling in the LG spot.

And when Tyron gets hurt, then Steele can go back out to RT where he has played.

speedkilz88

Reaction score

FWIW, Spagnola talked to Steele a week ago and he doesn't know anything about moving to LG. Has been preparing for RT.

stiletto

Reaction score
Like last year?

Tyron is healthy, and the line looks bad. How long do you think until he goes down?

You can hope, but thats about it. This line is in big trouble this year. It wasnt good last year, and it wont be good this year.
It's hard to believe anyone is confident in the OL going into the season. They basically did NOTHING to help solidify it. It will all be Dak's fault though when things go bad. Mark it down...

John813

Reaction score
Martin took a day off cause he he knew Ball was going to be the starter no matter what.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Obviously not a finished project with Steele still out and Martin taking vet day. This is how they lined up yesterday:

LT -Tyler
LG- Farniok
C- Tyler
RG- Ball
RT - Tyron

That would be the worst pair of starting guards in football. Let’s hope for good health moving forward
Don't let @CowboyRoy see this starting lineup.

He will go ape****!!! :lmao: :laugh::lmao:

PS: Farniok is a damn good Guard. Some of you simply don't know it yet.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I respectfully disagree, @big dog cowboy .

Matt Farniok had a much better/higher RAS score than Asim Richards. Farniok is definitely quicker, stronger, faster and more athletic.

Screenshot-20230526-195851-Chrome.jpg

Fu5377-BWYAAtp-J4.jpg

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It's hard to believe anyone is confident in the OL going into the season. They basically did NOTHING to help solidify it. It will all be Dak's fault though when things go bad. Mark it down...
Jerry always makes at least one huge blunder that ruins our chance of having a special season. Ignoring the massive Oline issues and counting on Tyron Smith again is this years blunder.