Other than Henry secondary fine

sportsman

Reaction score
Henry will have to be physical Sunday using his size to his advantage.

Eskimo

Reaction score
The best strategy is for Henry to only line up against TEs - hopefully once Pacman has his gameday legs back we won't have Henry out there against WRs anymore. The thoughts of Henry manning up on Ward makes me sick to my stomach - 3rd downs converted all-day long.

Hopefully we pull a page out of your Commanders playbook and have TNew shadow Ward.

DatNguyen59

Reaction score
If Newman is shadowing Ward, that means Henry will be on Holmes or Washington, the speed guys.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Henry can't just line up against TEs. He has to play zone as well.

Eskimo

Reaction score
jobberone;2460053 said:
Henry can't just line up against TEs. He has to play zone as well.

Don't really want him in that role either unless it is playing nickel deep safety in the zone.

Ideally, our top 3 CBs come playoff time are TNew, Pacman and Scandrick. That gives us 3 fast cover guys who will hit that can match up with any set of WRs in the league. If a team has a really good receiving TE that we want to match up with (Cooley, Shockey, Dallas Clark, Boss) on 3rd downs - that's a good role for Henry to play with his size, physicality and long arms.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I like Henry on Ward. Ward is a great receiver but I like that matchup for Ward. He doesn't have the speed of Holmes or Washington. I think we see a solid game from Henry this week.

Switz

Reaction score
sportsman;2460017 said:
Henry will have to be physical Sunday using his size to his advantage.

I am telling you guys

Ward is going to be a problem..

he is one of those guys who is always open... no one challenges at the LOS

smack him at the line hit him over and over and he will have issues...

Again Look at what they Pats have done to Pittsburgh since 2001....

that is the blue print to beating the steelers more or less

Eskimo

Reaction score
rocyaice;2460320 said:
I like Henry on Ward. Ward is a great receiver but I like that matchup for Ward. He doesn't have the speed of Holmes or Washington. I think we see a solid game from Henry this week.

Ward will outquick Henry to get open, Ben will deliver the ball and Steelers will convert. Putting Henry on Ward is like giving the game away, IMO.

cowboys5

Benched
Reaction score
i think it will be henry on ward all game, scandrick on nate washington, an t new on santonio holmes...

Eskimo

Reaction score
cowboys5;2460337 said:
i think it will be henry on ward all game, scandrick on nate washington, an t new on santonio holmes...

Why put our worst CB on their best WR? With Ward's physicality, hands and quickness against Henry's molasses legs, that is just one 3rd down coversion after another all the way down the field.

I know people are worried about putting Henry against anyone with speed, but at least you could give him help over the top for the speed guys. Ward will just outquick him all-day long on 3rd down, make the catch, take the tackle and convert.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Eskimo;2460333 said:
Ward will outquick Henry to get open, Ben will deliver the ball and Steelers will convert. Putting Henry on Ward is like giving the game away, IMO.

Ward won't outquick anyone lol. He has decent speed for a receiver. Hardly a speed guy. He won't be beating Henry. Henry is our most physical corner and that's who I want on Ward. I know Henry has become a afterthought by Dallas fans but he's the best option. Give him the benefit of the doubt. Let him screw up before you say he's going to do it. What other option is there? You want Henry on the fastest guy in the league or the second fastest? Because Washington and Holmes are two of the fastest guys in the league. I like Newman on Holmes and Scandrick on their slot receiver Washington and Henry on Ward. ITs a decent matchup for the Boys. Ben R hasn't been very accurate with the ball this season especially when he's been getting hit.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Eskimo;2460338 said:
Why put our worst CB on their best WR? With Ward's physicality, hands and quickness against Henry's molasses legs, that is just one 3rd down coversion after another all the way down the field.

I know people are worried about putting Henry against anyone with speed, but at least you could give him help over the top for the speed guys. Ward will just outquick him all-day long on 3rd down, make the catch, take the tackle and convert.

Well first of all newsflash. You don't shut down great receivers. To my knowledge Ward is still a great receiver. But he's great because he's physical. Not because he outruns corners. The cornerbacks are always there. He just manages to outplay them with being physical. I want Henry on that guy. We're hoping to contain Ward. Not shut him down.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Put Henry on the biggest WR or on a TE if he is a receiving threat. He showed with Winslow he can still get it done on the big guys.

Eskimo

Reaction score
rocyaice;2460352 said:
Well first of all newsflash. You don't shut down great receivers. To my knowledge Ward is still a great receiver. But he's great because he's physical. Not because he outruns corners. The cornerbacks are always there. He just manages to outplay them with being physical. I want Henry on that guy. We're hoping to contain Ward. Not shut him down.

You don't have to be quick to outquick Henry - Ward will make mincemeat out of him. Tnew can be physical with him and gamble a bit on short stuff knowing he has the catchup speed in case Ward does get behind me. This is a much better matchup for us.

In all honesty, Henry belongs on the bench and should not be covering any WRs. He is just way too slow.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Eskimo;2460391 said:
You don't have to be quick to outquick Henry - Ward will make mincemeat out of him. Tnew can be physical with him and gamble a bit on short stuff knowing he has the catchup speed in case Ward does get behind me. This is a much better matchup for us.

In all honesty, Henry belongs on the bench and should not be covering any WRs. He is just way too slow.

Give me a break. Henry gets beat every once in awhile. Big deal. What corner doesn't? I still like him against big receivers like Ward. But like I asked earlier what else do you recommend? Pac-Man on Ward? You can't put Newman on him because Newman I imagine if anyone has a brain has him on Holmes. Who do you want Henry guarding? Ward, Holmes or Washington? The latter 2 happen to be the two fastest receivers in the league. Is that who you want Henry on?

VACowboy

Reaction score
I think it will be Ware on Burger Boy and Burger Boy on his back.