OUCH!! OU fan grabs and rips Texas fan...

royhitshard

Reaction score
How rivalry became violentBy Jay F. Marks
Staff Writer
The rancor in the Red River Rivalry apparently doesn't die between football or basketball seasons.
An Oklahoma City man has been charged with aggravated assault and battery, accused of causing extensive damage to another man's scrotum just because he wore a University of Texas shirt into a local bar.

Allen Michael Beckett, 53, has not been arrested on the felony charge, which was filed Monday in Oklahoma County District Court. It carries up to five years in prison if he is convicted.

Beckett is accused of having launched a verbal attack on Brian Thomas when the other man walked into Henry Hudson's Pub at 3509 NW 58 on June 17, according to court documents.

What happened
Thomas said Beckett, whom he had never met, called him "everything under the sun” for wearing a Longhorns T-shirt into the bar.
He said he and his friend sat at a table in the corner and tried to ignore the other man, but other man — who apparently is a University of Oklahoma fan — kept screaming at him.

Thomas said he decided he'd had enough after about 20 minutes of Beckett's abuse so he went to the bar to pay his tab. When he turned around, he said Beckett grabbed his crotch and refused to let go.

Thomas hit the other man several times before several bar patrons intervened, but Thomas said Beckett didn't let go until Thomas heard his scrotum tear and blood ran down his leg.

Thomas, who grew up a Texas fan, said it took more than 60 stitches to close his wound.

Two months later, he said he still is a lot of pain.The injury also caused Thomas to fall behind on his child support payments because he couldn't work.

Beckett could not be reached for comment Wednesday by The Oklahoman.

http://newsok.com/article/3108932

:eek: :eek: :eek:: :eek::

Big Dakota

Reaction score
In this case, it went on far too long and the bar owner/manager should be held responsible. If after 20 minutes of harassment you don't kick the drunk fool out of your establishment, you deserve to be punished.

royhitshard

Reaction score
Big Dakota;1601552 said:
In this case, it went on far too long and the bar owner/manager should be held responsible. If after 20 minutes of harassment you don't kick the drunk fool out of your establishment, you deserve to be punished.

Very True!

joseephuss

Reaction score
Big Dakota;1601552 said:

A good manager, bartender or owner would have done something much sooner. That does not mean that the establishment deserves to be punished. And where does it say the guy was drunk.? Maybe he is just a fool, but not a drunk one.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
as someone who used to live in enemy territory, i understand this all too well.

but this is totally ridiculous.

i see ou fans down here all the time...i never feel the need to assualt them. i hope he gets the maximum penalty.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Rumor has it that Beckett will be the next poster boy for the Oklahoma Mental Health Alliance... :rolleyes:

What exactly does it take to get arrested in Oklahoma, anyway??

silverbear

Reaction score
Big Dakota;1601552 said:

Y'know, you're the first one I've seen who expressed that opinion, and it makes perfect sense to me...

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
royhitshard;1601461 said:
Two months later, he said he still is a lot of pain.The injury also caused Thomas to fall behind on his child support payments because he couldn't work.

man-*****

fitting, since he's a Longhorn fan:eek:

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
That's just not right.

Austin%20Powers%20shagadelic.jpg

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
joseephuss;1601621 said:
A good manager, bartender or owner would have done something much sooner.
Agreed.
That does not mean that the establishment deserves to be punished. And where does it say the guy was drunk.? Maybe he is just a fool, but not a drunk one.
Drunk or not, the reasonable safety of patrons falls in hands of the establishment employees and management. The tirade went on for 20 minutes, that is a long time and had there been an intervention by the establishment (employee or management), the physical contact could have been avoided.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
That is why you punch the guy in the throat when he grabs low the gag reflex from not breathing makes them let go quickly.

jimmy40

Reaction score
phillycowboyslover;1605551 said:
as someone who used to live in enemy territory, i understand this all too well.

but this is totally ridiculous.

i see ou fans down here all the time...i never feel the need to assualt them. i hope he gets the maximum penalty.
I live in College Station and feel the need to assault someone every day, but I don't.

silverbear

Reaction score
peplaw06;1606722 said:
That's just not right.

Austin%20Powers%20shagadelic.jpg

I think I figured out his thinking, Pep-- he was goin' for the nuts 'cause he doesn't have any of his own, and always wanted a pair...