Our cap ...

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
What does it look like now? And how will these players who are projected to sign effect our cap?

I'm just curious as to what kind of shape we're going to be in with money ...

(I know we're still waiting on Ware and Spears, but I just want to get an idea)

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
I'm probably wrong, but the last that I remember was around 4.7mil-5.4mil. still under.
Could someone confirm this?

parchy

Reaction score
We've been hovering near the top of NFL cap room lists all off-season... I'm positive it hasn't changed that much but I don't have the raw figures...

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
parchy said:
We've been hovering near the top of NFL cap room lists all off-season... I'm positive it hasn't changed that much but I don't have the raw figures...

I know we were in pretty good shape recently ... I guess this question would be better asked after Ware and Spears sign ...

I'm curious if we're through making personnel additions ... and I'm curious how we fair with the rest of the teams in the league.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
I know we were in pretty good shape recently ... I guess this question would be better asked after Ware and Spears sign ...

I'm curious if we're through making personnel additions ... and I'm curious how we fair with the rest of the teams in the league.

What "personnel additions"?

There is not alot left.

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:

Actually, the figure that I quoted was including the rookie pool allocations. In other words, Spears and Ware have already been accounted for.

KDWilliams85

Reaction score
Ware shouldn't command all that big of a salary because he was 11th and Spears would probably see half of what Ware gets.

I think we'll be alright.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Jones said the team has left itself enough wiggle room under the cap to provide long-term flexibility, and enough space to make any unexpected signings before or during this season if needed.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
cowboyfan4life_mark said:
Actually, the figure that I quoted was including the rookie pool allocations. In other words, Spears and Ware have already been accounted for.

Very nice ... so, when it's all said and done, where do we rank as far as cap space?

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
Very nice ... so, when it's all said and done, where do we rank as far as cap space?
Again, going by memory, I believe that we are still in the top three in the league.

I hope that Adam sees this thread so that he can confirm or deny.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Again, going by memory, I believe that we are still in the top three in the league.

If that's the case then I'm really impressed with Bill Parcells. I really hope we give this guy an extension and I really hope he wants to stick around for a while.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score

With the pace of rookie signings these days, it's impossible to get an up-to-the minute update, since the league's accounting runs a few days behind the announcements of signings. But as of a few days ago, we were fourth in cap room, behind the Vikings, Cardinals and Eagles. We should have roughly $6 million remaining after the rookies all sign.

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
With the pace of rookie signings these days, it's impossible to get an up-to-the minute update, since the league's accounting runs a few days behind the announcements of signings. But as of a few days ago, we were fourth in cap room, behind the Vikings, Cardinals and Eagles. We should have roughly $6 million remaining after the rookies all sign.
Thanks Adam.
Thats a little more than I remembered.
Really appreciate your efforts Adam.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Banned_n_austin said:
You are not trying working Ty Law into this are you? :bang2: