Our Defense Lost this game

sportsman

Reaction score
When the Giants scored right before halftime in seconds after a long drive by the offense. That gave the Giants hope.

Woods

Reaction score
sportsman;1900426 said:
When the Giants scored right before halftime in seconds after a long drive by the offense. That gave the Giants hope.

I disagree.

I think we stunk it up at different times in all phases of the game.

Offense, Defense, and Special Teams.

This was a total team loss, IMO.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Well while that was bad, it was mostly the Reeves penalty that gave the Giants 15 gift yards, and the D made up for it with the two three and outs at the end when it counted.

Woohitz

Reaction score
I had the same thought but our O-line fell apart in the 2nd half as well.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
sportsman;1900426 said:

so the back to back 3 and outs to give us the ball back were what?

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
sportsman;1900426 said:
Yeah, to let them go 70 plus yards and score right before the Half after we rammed the ball down their throat hurt.

hermitkid

Reaction score
What lost the Cowboys the game was offense, clear as day. When you have a 120 yard rusher in the first half, a huge lopside advantage in time of possession you continue to pund the football.

How on earth does Barber not get the ball in the second half after ***** slapping the Giants silly in the first? Between him and Jones the Cowboys should have pounded it and pounded it until the Giants spirit was broken.

Garrett should consider himself lucky if he gets the nod as headcoach in the NFL after the past month of football and this playoff debacle.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
sportsman;1900426 said:

Listening to Norm i'd guess?

sbark

Reaction score
Dunno........held em' to 17 points....

In this Gun and Pass era.....its usually the 1st team to 24+points

We didnt have an answer for the Giants version of the 85' Bears 46 Defence

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
That drive at the end of the first half was a killer....we just had a 10 and a half minute drive and then we let them march right down the field and score before half time. I said right then that it was a wasted opportunity. We were getting the ball first in the second half....we should have gone up on them by 2 scores.....totally wasted opportunity to begin putting them away.

Woods

Reaction score
Jimz31;1900520 said:
That drive at the end of the first half was a killer....we just had a 10 and a half minute drive and then we let them march right down the field and score before half time. I said right then that it was a wasted opportunity. We were getting the ball first in the second half....we should have gone up on them by 2 scores.....totally wasted opportunity to begin putting them away.

I still can't believe how badly we played with under 1 minute to go at halftime . . . .

Derinyar

Reaction score
I think every good team in the league is going to have to have at least 3 starting level CBs for the forseeable future. The NFL passing regs pretty much favor spreading 4 or 5 wide and tossing it like idiots.

Everyone blew it in this game. But I would agree that most of it should drop on Reeves. But I do also think that we need to get another good RB.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Defense lost this game?

You do know we were the lowest scoring team this weekend don't you?

Deep_South

Reaction score
Our D put is in a position to win the game twice late in the 4th quarter by holding the Gnats to 3 and outs. They did their job and left it in the hands of the offense, who weren't able to score either time.

fan62

Reaction score
text3.jpg

cowboyfan4life2

Reaction score
sportsman;1900426 said:

couldnt agree more, it should have been no worse then 14-10 at the half, we have them a td and all the momentum in the world.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I don't see why people vehemently disagree with this opinion.

Yeah, there was another half to be played, but some of those who are disagreeing seem to forget the importance of momentum. Had we stopped them with a three and out, we would have had the momentum going into the half, and the ball. Less pressure to score coming out of the gates, and more confidence for the defense.

These little things add up. If the defense didn't cost us the game, it was certainly the catalyst.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
The defense played well enough to win this game and they gave the offense the ball in good position twice at the end of the game. For the offense to put up only 3 points in the second half is a joke. We have been an offesive team all year, they let us down.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Give up less than 300 yards of offense and 1 of 3 scoring drives is under 40 yards you played pretty well.

Yes, the end of the first half was bad, but the defense did enough to win. But how about two consecutive three and outs late in the 4th quarter to give the offense a chance?

Put this one on the O.

kbman

Reaction score
SultanOfSix;1901342 said:
I don't see why people vehemently disagree with this opinion.

Yeah, there was another half to be played, but some of those who are disagreeing seem to forget the importance of momentum. Had we stopped them with a three and out, we would have had the momentum going into the half, and the ball. Less pressure to score coming out of the gates, and more confidence for the defense.

These little things add up. If the defense didn't cost us the game, it was certainly the catalyst.

I agree, it's amazing we give up a td in less than in min before the half. Then we make those nice 3 and outs at the end of the game to give the offense a chance.