Our entire coaching staff, even Zimmer, are on 1-year contracts?

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm a bit surprised Zimmer agreed to a 1 year deal. This feels like a win or get out season, which really should have been last season, but whatever. More reason to not extend Dak. If they can't get it done this year you tear it all down and use the savings from his contract to rebuild.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jerry and Stevie been baffling us with Bull**** with the all in crap, and many Dallas content creators ate it up, every single bite! Now we are seeing that we are set up to fail. I never seen an NFL franchise have every single coach on a 1 year prove it deal before. Maybe I am mistaken. This looks like Highschool stuff. I never fathomed that we would have an entire staff that was lame duck, but Jerry has achieved new heights yet again.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I was catching up on some Cowboys news on the Ticket podcasts. Been an easy offseason to stay busy and not pay attention to those lovable losers.

But I couldn’t believe what I heard on the Ticket. It’s not just McCarthy who is a lame duck, it is his entire staff!? Anyone whose contract ended was only renewed for one year. Even Mike Zimmer was only given a one year contract.

And if they do the same to Dak…. What is the point? Why don’t they just tear this sucker up right now?? What are we waiting for??

You’ve got the entire coaching staff just one angry star player complaint away from ‘Daddy Warbucks Jerry’ stepping in. Based on what I saw from CeeDee in the playoffs and just about every star player with a mama on Twitter, one stupid thing from Dak, and he’s going to lose the team. How does Zimmer, a known hard arse, even have credibility and a chance to do his thing and try to improve the defense?

This is either a genius move to not make McCarthy the soul lame duck or this is just one waste of a season. Sounds like we’re losing all the veterans who were patch jobs, and now have to deal with these new holes. Everyone from Hankins, to Gilmore, to Tyron. Maybe they are trying to start over In some type of weird soft reboot way? I’m not sure I understand anything the Jones boys are doing anymore. Because I agree with the other point from the Ticket which was that Stephen Jones provides no confidence when talking, and doesn’t sound like he has any type of game plan.

https://omny.fm/shows/the-ticket-top-10/the-invasion-contract-year-for-everybody-on-the-co

https://omny.fm/shows/the-ticket-top-10/the-hardline-already-tired-of-stephen-jones-the-se
Jerry thinks they were close,last season !
3 12-5 seasons make him think that.
So he wants to try again with mostly same team, and see if they get lucky in playoffs.
Jerry once said the playoffs are just one team gets lucky lol.

The bottom line is the jones boys are just dumb,deluded, and a little out of touch with reality !
So the results will be the same or worse, since they play better teams this season.
You can put the coming season in the wasted season category.

Jayinem

Reaction score
2024-2025: We go 12-5 and lose in the WC round
2025-2026: We go 1-15 with a new QB and coaching staff
2026-2027: We draft our Troy Aikman
2027-2031: 3 Super Bowls

Jayinem

Reaction score
I'm a bit surprised Zimmer agreed to a 1 year deal. This feels like a win or get out season, which really should have been last season, but whatever. More reason to not extend Dak. If they can't get it done this year you tear it all down and use the savings from his contract to rebuild.
Probably why there was like a week delay in making in official and they started talking to Rex Ryan.

Rayman70

Reaction score
2024-2025: We go 12-5 and lose in the WC round
2025-2026: We go 1-15 with a new QB and coaching staff
2026-2027: We draft our Troy Aikman
2027-2031: 3 Super Bowls
Id settle for a Championship game appearance between 2027-2031 at this point. Thats how bad things have gotten here.

chuck520

Reaction score
Id settle for a Championship game appearance between 2027-2031 at this point. Thats how bad things have gotten here.
Their in the playoffs 3 straight years, that is not bad, you are getting carried away

Gambit

Reaction score
I was catching up on some Cowboys news on the Ticket podcasts. Been an easy offseason to stay busy and not pay attention to those lovable losers.

But I couldn’t believe what I heard on the Ticket. It’s not just McCarthy who is a lame duck, it is his entire staff!? Anyone whose contract ended was only renewed for one year. Even Mike Zimmer was only given a one year contract.

And if they do the same to Dak…. What is the point? Why don’t they just tear this sucker up right now?? What are we waiting for??

You’ve got the entire coaching staff just one angry star player complaint away from ‘Daddy Warbucks Jerry’ stepping in. Based on what I saw from CeeDee in the playoffs and just about every star player with a mama on Twitter, one stupid thing from Dak, and he’s going to lose the team. How does Zimmer, a known hard arse, even have credibility and a chance to do his thing and try to improve the defense?

This is either a genius move to not make McCarthy the soul lame duck or this is just one waste of a season. Sounds like we’re losing all the veterans who were patch jobs, and now have to deal with these new holes. Everyone from Hankins, to Gilmore, to Tyron. Maybe they are trying to start over In some type of weird soft reboot way? I’m not sure I understand anything the Jones boys are doing anymore. Because I agree with the other point from the Ticket which was that Stephen Jones provides no confidence when talking, and doesn’t sound like he has any type of game plan.

https://omny.fm/shows/the-ticket-top-10/the-invasion-contract-year-for-everybody-on-the-co

https://omny.fm/shows/the-ticket-top-10/the-hardline-already-tired-of-stephen-jones-the-se
Yes, it's been odd off season.

I won't speculate beyond that, but just feels abnormal in approach with everything

Aven8

Reaction score
I guess will find out soon enough when FA begins.

eromeopolk

Reaction score

Its over, too much too little too late...