Our gift to the NFL

PoundTheRock

Reaction score
So he wants $15 million a season and he has to get the ball perfectly in stride with a rookie covering him to make a play?

Weeden hit him right between the 88s in the end zone and butterfingers dropped it...................just saying.

The QB throwing to the WR matters. If you want to diminish one of the biggest freak talents in the NFL because our QB has a wet noodle for an arm and couldn't read a defense last night, that's fine.

theSHOW

Reaction score
Teams will continue to play 0 coverage, and blitz, until we make the proper protection adjustments, and take advantage of Dez 1 on 1.

I have been saying this for a while, we are nothing without Dez. This is exactly how teams would play us every game, if we had no Dez.

Dez was 1 on 1 all game and could break open.

theSHOW

Reaction score
So he wants $15 million a season and he has to get the ball perfectly in stride with a rookie covering him to make a play?

Weeden hit him right between the 88s in the end zone and butterfingers dropped it...................just saying.

he won't listen he has deaf ears

nablives

Reaction score
If they'd have smashed the ball on second down instead of getting cute with the slant to Murray, we'd have sustained that drive a bit further. If you're in overtime and your RB has put up over 100 yards on a defensive front, smash it. I absolutely beat them up for it. The run game is 75% of the offensive AND defensive success this year and you abandon it when you only need 2 yards for a new set of downs.

Yeah, like I said, I would have done some things differently, but I understand why they did what they did. If you go back and look at how successful they actually were on 2nd downs in the 2nd half, it may surprise you. I heard some dude try to argue with Norm about it last night. That dude ended the phone call sounding like his tongue fell out of his mouth by the end of the call. I suspect it's because he came to the realization they had actually had success passing on 2nd down, which is why I think they did it so much in the 2nd half.

Now coach nab would have run it on just about every 2 and 3 or less, but that's just me. That strategy will bite you in the butt too, but with the way the Skins were coming after Romo, I would have leaned a little more on what got me there. Once again though, I get why they did what they did, I just disagree with it, however I don't think it was quite as insane as I thought it was during the game last night.

theSHOW

Reaction score
LOL! I never excused Romo. Why not acknowledge that Dez got schooled last night, because he did. Furthermore, I think people are noticing that he isn't consistently getting separation. I'm pretty sure Broadus even commented about it within the last couple of weeks.

Look, Romo is far from perfect, but Dez is n't Calvin Johnson. This idea that you just send him on 4 posts a game, chuck it up, and he'll have at least a couple of 50 yards TDs is crazy. Dez is a good player, but he has bad games. Last night, he wasn't on. That's not just on Romo, especially when Dez has the same problem once Weeden was in.

Dez spent the week on the phone with his agent and finally fired him just before the game. Great preparation. I'll take a 1st for his act and let some other team overpay.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The QB throwing to the WR matters. If you want to diminish one of the biggest freak talents in the NFL because our QB has a wet noodle for an arm and couldn't read a defense last night, that's fine.

Weeden threw him a fastball and he dropped it, the tape don't lie.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Yeah, like I said, I would have done some things differently, but I understand why they did what they did. If you go back and look at how successful they actually were on 2nd downs in the 2nd half, it may surprise you. I heard some dude try to argue with Norm about it last night. That dude ended the phone call sounding like his tongue fell out of his mouth by the end of the call. I suspect it's because he came to the realization they had actually had success passing on 2nd down, which is why I think they did it so much in the 2nd half.

Now coach nab would have run it on just about every 2 and 3 or less, but that's just me. That strategy will bite you in the butt too, but with the way the Skins were coming after Romo, I would have leaned a little more on what got me there. Once again though, I get why they did what they did, I just disagree with it, however I don't think it was quite as insane as I thought it was during the game last night.

Thing is, it wasn't the "2nd half." It was Overtime and you've only got one shot at staying in the game. You get 8 yards on 1st and 10 and don't smash it again? That is absolutely insane during overtime. Now you're 3rd and 3 from passing, making what could have likely been worst case scenario 3rd and 1 had they ran it. I'd have smashed it all the way up the field until they showed me they could stop it. It sure makes putting the entire defense on the line for blitzing a lot more difficult. Especially in overtime when you've already been gutting the defensive for 60 minutes.

bark

Reaction score
The first td to dez was a fantastic catch and YAC for a td so there's that

nablives

Reaction score
Thing is, it wasn't the "2nd half." It was Overtime and you've only got one shot at staying in the game. You get 8 yards on 1st and 10 and don't smash it again? That is absolutely insane during overtime. Now you're 3rd and 3 from passing, making what could have likely been worst case scenario 3rd and 1 had they ran it. I'd have smashed it all the way up the field until they showed me they could stop it. It sure makes putting the entire defense on the line for blitzing a lot more difficult. Especially in overtime when you've already been gutting the defensive for 60 minutes.

Well I think their success on 2nd down, at least in the 2nd half, probably led them to believe passing was still the way to go in overtime. I'm guessing Garrett will say this if he asked today, and he'll have some numbers to back him up. Besides all that, we know Garrett, despite what he may say, seems to have a love for having Romo chuck the Hell out of the rock. I'm sure something about last night felt oddly comfortable to Garrett and Linehan.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
We know how to make scrub QBs look like Brady and Peyton Manning.

How many times is it over the last few years?

And add to this how many backups at other positions seem to have career days against us?

It is absolutely unreal.

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
Our gift is losing a game after a six game win streak to jhave the media downplay our record.

This defense needs to nut up in these close games and force a fourth down. Our struggles at that was another reason for the defenses struggles.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
How do you leave Carr or Moore alone with DeSean Jackson? Neither one is fast enough to stay with him, if you are going to single him up, at least put Scandrick on him.