Our last two coaches who won superbowls were college coaches

Pants

Reaction score
All bad puns aside, I have said forever that Garrett falls under the "good guy" moniker, but the word "good" will never precede the word "coach" when it comes to him...they really need to clean house with HC, OC, DC....some of the other coaches are pretty good, but the guys running the ship are rudderless....ol' JJ is still trying to prove that he is smarter than everyone else....some people can say they have so much knowledge of something that they forget what most people know? JJ is just old and can't remember anything outside of his JW...like him A LOT as the owner, would love him if he decided to hire a real head coach....my God, at this point, I would even prefer Gruden to the slop we have out there now

plasticman

Reaction score
Barry Switzer never won a Super Bowl but he did lose an NFC championship with his poor standards in preparation and practice habbits.

Jimmy Johnson built that team so strong that it was able to sustain an incompetant Head Coach, an amateur GM, and some mercenary free agents for three more seasons without him before disintegrating.

The first Head Coach to win Super Bowls built the team, instilled a culture of winning, and was a former player and coordinator.

Jason Garrett will win a Super Bowl and all your posts will remain in these archives to remind everyone just how wrong all of you were.

diefree666

Reaction score
Barry Switzer never won a Super Bowl but he did lose an NFC championship with his poor standards in preparation and practice habbits.

Jimmy Johnson built that team so strong that it was able to sustain an incompetant Head Coach, an amateur GM, and some mercenary free agents for three more seasons without him before disintegrating.

The first Head Coach to win Super Bowls built the team, instilled a culture of winning, and was a former player and coordinator.

Jason Garrett will win a Super Bowl and all your posts will remain in these archives to remind everyone just how wrong all of you were.

yawn. so what is garrets playoff record after 6 years? What was Jimmy's after 4 years? If Red Ball ever wins a SB it will be due to the fact that they ran into an out classed opponent. Like the Vikings were in the 70's and the Broncos were until Elway got Davis and a D.
He has wasted the last part of a top QBs career and is in the process of wasting the beginning of another top QBs career.
I am waiting for when his mediocrity as a HC is clear to one and all for you to try and defend him. It will be amusing to watch.

oh an since you seem to have a problem with the real world look up who was HC of the Dallas Cowboys when they last won a SB.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
As a Notre Dame fan (indoctrinated to that just like the boys from my father) I well remember what happened when we hired a High School coach named Gerry Faust. A real great guy and a fine man but a loser as a college coach. We also went the route of hiring a OC that had never been a HC before and that went so well as well.

Never hire a head coach that has never been a HC before. The examples of those that did this should ensure no one with a brain ever does again. Now and then one works out and I guess that I why it happens again and again.

Never hire a head coach who has never been a head coach?

Tom Landry.

Mike Ditka.

Mike Holmgren.

Bill Cowher.

Mike Tomlin.

Sean Payton.

Mike McCarthy.

John Harbaugh.

All Superbowl winners.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Was that really a thing? I wasn't sure if people were actually mad about a coach eating a hot dog,,, at the freaking pro bowl ! Makes no sense.
He went to the restroom during regular season games. I know he did it once but I think it was actually 2 or 3 times.

I also recall him eating something during a regular season game but I think it was when they returned from the half and he finished before or during the kickoff.

ksadler1

Reaction score
The Cowboys won their last SB in spite of Switzer, not because of him. That guy was embarrassing. I remember the media asking him the difference between college and the NFL. His reply; The half times are a lot shorter. I didn't even have time to finish my beer.

If you guys ever get a chance to watch the NFL Film on that year, even some of the coaches admitted the players won that game in spite of the coaching.....

Reaction score
He went to the restroom during regular season games. I know he did it once but I think it was actually 2 or 3 times.

I also recall him eating something during a regular season game but I think it was when they returned from the half and he finished before or during the kickoff.

SHOCKING! :eek:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

Only way Garrett ever sees a Super Bowl is if he buys a ticket on EBay.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Everybody needs to stop wasting their time with this. Jason Garrett is not going anywhere. Jerry is not starting over again with any coach.

Marinelli is probably in his final year but the rest of the staff is going nowhere.

Go spin some records with the time being used on this.

haleyrules

Reaction score
The Cowboys won their last SB in spite of Switzer, not because of him. That guy was embarrassing. I remember the media asking him the difference between college and the NFL. His reply; The half times are a lot shorter. I didn't even have time to finish my beer.

If you guys ever get a chance to watch the NFL Film on that year, even some of the coaches admitted the players won that game in spite of the coaching.....
They had the players to do it!!

RomoFor6

Reaction score
Jim Harbaugh and his WC offense with Dak would be unstoppable. Contenders for the next decade. Make it happen