Our line play was a joke today

NickZepp

Reaction score
Both sides of the ball. The first quarter it was okay but outside of that we got killed on both sides of the line.

When did our DLine last touch Leftwich? Seems like it was a long time ago.

Bletsoe isn't doing a great job but he has a man in his face every play.

jesusphreak

Reaction score
I didn't think the o-line was that bad. Even when Bledsoe had all day he didn't do anything. He sat back there hopping around like he does.

And the d-line played well until they got wore down. And that will happen when the offense just won't get anything going.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
actually, the line played pretty well. jj did about as expected against the defensive line and drew had time to throw. he just made stupid decisons.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
That's true when he's holding the ball for 7 seconds. And we knew going into this game that we would have it tough with their interior defense. Yet, we run over 90 percent of our running plays have been in the interior of their defense. We're suppose to lose.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah this is the typical Bledsoe supporter "lament"-- blame the offensive-line for the stupidness of Drew Bledsoe.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
The OL did well. The DLine left something to be desired, especially in the second half. Absolutely no fire.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I have to agree,, the O Line has been good, bledslow is the problem today,, not the line.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Yeah this is the typical Bledsoe supporter "lament"-- blame the offensive-line for the stupidness of Drew Bledsoe.
How many hammers can I put in a post?

I'll just go with three.

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

NickZepp

Reaction score
Maybe early on the OLine played well. The entire 2nd half Bledsoe had someone atleast hurrying him.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Considering the competition, i thought the O-Line was OK. It's just hard to impossible to consistently beat a strong defense over an entire game when your QB cant improvise under pressure.

The DLine was average at best.

NickZepp

Reaction score
JohnsKey19 said:
Considering the competition, i thought the O-Line was OK. It's just hard to impossible to consistently beat a strong defense over an entire game when your QB cant improvise under pressure.

The DLine was average at best.

I don't think Romo would have done much better. He's never had to even play against a good defense in his life.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:

Afternoon Mike.

Dwight

Reaction score
I don't see how anyone would blame the line for Drew's careless mistakes. He had all day to throw it. It's Drew's fault period.

ultra5

Reaction score
NickZepp said:
Both sides of the ball. The first quarter it was okay but outside of that we got killed on both sides of the line.

When did our DLine last touch Leftwich? Seems like it was a long time ago.

Bletsoe isn't doing a great job but he has a man in his face every play.

i thought our line played well. the Oline surprised me how well they played.

Bledsoe lost whatever juice he had after the 1st quarter and faded like a candle in the wind. It was weird to watch. The O just fizzled like they didn't have a care in the world.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
NickZepp said:
I don't think Romo would have done much better. He's never had to even play against a good defense in his life.

I agree Romo is a complete unknown. My point is Bledsoe is not. We know what he can and can not do. He's good when he has a clean pocket. When there's pressure, his game falls apart.

TwoSteppinJJ

Reaction score
Im not a negative person but Flozzell Adams has been getting raped by a backup DE for most of this 2nd half.

ghst187

Reaction score
I disagree, the OL played well enough to win. The playcalling and Bledsoe lost this game against a team with a very inferior roster