Dom Capers ;)

hell, Schwartz can bring Chuck Cecil or Jim Washburn along w/ him

I'll buy that, all of it.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2397583 said:
anyone know of a Mike Smith-type of coach ATL head coach

someone unheralded, but highly respected around the league?

Its not just the coach in atlanta, it is also the change in the front office and the organizational philosophy.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2397679 said:
Schwartz is an excellent choice too

two things he coaches well, rush defense and 3rd down defense

I don't think the fact that he coaches a 4-3 lessens him at all, Mike Tomlin was a 4-3 coach, and his 3-4 is pretty good, if you can coach, you can coach

True, a good coach is a good coach. I do think we need a huge anchor in the middle. I've had enough of seeing Tank get turned like a turnstile.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;2397710 said:
Its not just the coach in atlanta, it is also the change in the front office and the organizational philosophy.

well that's not going to change

might as well attempt to change the teachers

Big Dakota

Reaction score
theebs;2397710 said:

True, and we all know that's not happenin here.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Big Dakota;2397715 said:
True, a good coach is a good coach. I do think we need a huge anchor in the middle. I've had enough of seeing Tank get turned like a turnstile.

I'm definitely looking for a NT in this draft if I'm Dallas

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
My List

Randy Edsall
Red Ball
Charlie Weiss
Bill Cowher

would add another 3 to 4 to that initial list

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
FYI, if Mike Stoops were to get fired at the University of Arizona (not likely right now as they are finally showing some heart) Chuck Cecil is the guy most of the alumni (including yours truly) want.

The other Wildcat alum in coaching who gets some mention is Ricky Hunley. He got some mention for a coaching spot with the Cowboys. I was kind of hopeful because I know Ricky's brother, Lamonte. He owns an exercise equipment business here in Tucson. Thought I might have a new source. LOL

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
I'm beginning to think that even if we get a firey, aggressive, hit em in the mouth HC or DC that our players on D won't be able to play it.

I think Ware could, and Zach... maybe Newman and Hamlin. But the rest of these guys seem so milquetoast to me that they'll probably fold like a cheap suit.

I think it's going to have to be a change in philosophy and in a lot of the players.

notherbob

Reaction score
I confidently predict the next head coach of the Cowboys is going to be the same as the present head coach...Jerry Jones; Wade is merely the chief assistant head coach. The pretense isn't going to change. After all, Parcells spent four years here and jerry watched him closely and now he's sure he knows it all and can really cut loose now. Jerry's back to his old ways but with a vengeance because now he knows he knows it all.

JMO

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
peplaw06;2397876 said:
I'm beginning to think that even if we get a firey, aggressive, hit em in the mouth HC or DC that our players on D won't be able to play it.

I think Ware could, and Zach... maybe Newman and Hamlin. But the rest of these guys seem so milquetoast to me that they'll probably fold like a cheap suit.

I think it's going to have to be a change in philosophy and in a lot of the players.

we could really use the 12/13 picks we get in this draft

scouting staff needs to pull a great draft out of them