Our offense is set to improve big without doing a thing

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
2014 2016 2018 the dallas cowboys have thrown away three good chances in these years you only get so many of these more than likely dallas don't even make the playoffs next year its a year to year league the cowboys sure have thrown away a lot of good opportunities and if they don't make the playoffs and they ship out the coaching staff and they go in a different directions its no telling how long that will take depends on who they hire as the next head guy and how much power they give him

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It will be interesting to see what types of plays get called, how they are called etc.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I agree with a lot of this OP. The OL at least will have plenty bodies to work with, and the only need will be 1 OT.

Can y'all stop with the Rod Smith at FB talk? He's not good at it and that's a waste of thought, dude is a tailback.

Better scheme and playcalling would go a long way with the current bunch this team already has.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
A healthy line, an all-pro Center returning, a healthy Tyron; Cooper used to the system, Gallup with an offseason under him, Zeke eating with two spoons, and Dak progressing going into his 4th season.

Combined with Jarwin and Schultz improving at TE, and that's disregarding a likely returning Swaim who is healthy.

Our offense? It just got a HUGE add with a returning Frederick, a healthy Tyron, and a healthy rest of the line. Plus, we have Looney for another year, playing back-up at C, RG, and LG.

Spots for improvement? WR3 (losing Beezy), back-up swing tackle, and RB2

WR3 we have options (Cobb, Tate, or the guys I'd target, who are cheaper and younger - Adam Humpries, Robby Anderson, Tyrell Williams), or N'Keal Harry in the second is my preferred route.

RB2 - I'd bring in Adrian Peterson for a year, while sliding R. Smith over to FB/RB3. Bring in a later rounder and a few UDFAs and hopefully someone emerges worth keeping.

I agree 100% with all of that other then Tyron Smith. The guy is just getting worse and worse and he is always hurt. Even if he starts out the year healthy, its only a matter of time before the dings start adding up.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
20 LBS on williams is not a forgone conclusion. He's not built like Sua Filo.

I just get the impression the dude is going to live in the gym for the next 6 months. Just seems like that type of guy

Verdict

Reaction score
I just get the impression the dude is going to live in the gym for the next 6 months. Just seems like that type of guy

Character wise, I agree whole heartedly with that statements. I'm just saying his body type seems naturally leaner, so his ability to put on weight may be a variable.

Fire407

Reaction score
The talent should certainly be good enough. Now if they can outplay the coaching like they did they second half of this season we may have a shot.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
A healthy line, an all-pro Center returning, a healthy Tyron; Cooper used to the system, Gallup with an offseason under him, Zeke eating with two spoons, and Dak progressing going into his 4th season.

Combined with Jarwin and Schultz improving at TE, and that's disregarding a likely returning Swaim who is healthy.

Our offense? It just got a HUGE add with a returning Frederick, a healthy Tyron, and a healthy rest of the line. Plus, we have Looney for another year, playing back-up at C, RG, and LG.

Spots for improvement? WR3 (losing Beezy), back-up swing tackle, and RB2

WR3 we have options (Cobb, Tate, or the guys I'd target, who are cheaper and younger - Adam Humpries, Robby Anderson, Tyrell Williams), or N'Keal Harry in the second is my preferred route.

RB2 - I'd bring in Adrian Peterson for a year, while sliding R. Smith over to FB/RB3. Bring in a later rounder and a few UDFAs and hopefully someone emerges worth keeping.

You forgot the biggest improvement.

Linehan out at OC. Anyone with a pulse in.

gmoney112

Reaction score
I actually agree with you.

I kinda view Tyron like Jason Peters was for a long time, he's going to have some aches and pains, probably miss a game or two a year, but when he plays he's just a beast.

Looney can play LG, although Connor takes LG. "Bank on it".

The only big upgrades we really could use are real RB depth, a RB/all purpose speed back, and a slot WR. Pretty much the most easily fillable positions on offense. You can fill all these with mid round picks or relatively cheap FAs. That's a nice place to be.

That's why it's going to be so maddening if we risk the OC job and it doesn't pan out this year.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
I actually agree with you.

I kinda view Tyron like Jason Peters was for a long time, he's going to have some aches and pains, probably miss a game or two a year, but when he plays he's just a beast.

Looney can play LG, although Connor takes LG. "Bank on it".

The only big upgrades we really could use are real RB depth, a RB/all purpose speed back, and a slot WR. Pretty much the most easily fillable positions on offense. You can fill all these with mid round picks or relatively cheap FAs. That's a nice place to be.

That's why it's going to be so maddening if we risk the OC job and it doesn't pan out this year.
and of the openings - Humpries solves #3, keeping T. Austin provides some coverage at #2; meaning our top addressable need would be RB2, by cutting Hurns, Beezy, Williams - net $3-4mn cap savings over bringing in Humpries and keeping Austin.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Still not convinced, but Frederick returning at full power would be huge. He is so good.

Looney did a nice job, but I don't think he has the same level of smarts.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
With good health and 20 pounds on Connor I think the OL will be VERY good next year
I agree. He went through a rough rookie year. If he applies himself to his core strength, he can be decent.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
:lmao::lmao:
Every year you guys come up with this crap in the off season

And then the season rolls around and reality hits you in the face :facepalm:

The Clap Clown's record is clear. One season looks promising, the next is a garbage dump, etc. Another new OC with zero experience? I'm guessing a garbage dump year. We'll see.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
Frederick coming back alone would lift this offense quite a bit, people just don't understand how important he is and what he does and how much it affects this football team...I also am very optimistic for our offense, lots of thing that seem will be much better then.