Our safeties are really slow

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Hooker is slow in more ways than just running speed. Almost got caught fishing for an INT at the end.

Aven8

Reaction score
Follow the money folks. Both of the starters make the most so they get played the most

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I think you have to remember Zimmer is using a new defense and using safeties differently. When you're learning you process much slower and could be part of the problem.

Now the missed tackles are a totally different story just poor execution. They had a couple more chances to get stops and prevent points to save points but just couldn't wrap up.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Something is off overall on defense.
We aren't any good all the way up the middle. DT, LB and safety. We get no pressure, trouble stopping the run unless we play the lowly Giants and miss a lot of tackles. Also doesn't help that Zimmer's scheme is bend but don't break so we give up a ton of long drives that takes the air out of the game and usually end in points. Sure, we made NY kick FGs last night but they dominated TOP. Converting a ton of 3rd downs that would have resulted in punts. A microcosm of the Niners playoff game in 2023. Yes, we didn't give up a ton of points but SF scored on seemingly every possession but a few and had long, time consuming drives.

This defense made Danie Jones look extremely efficient. There were a few dropped passes where if NY caught it, easily could have been a loss. That defensive effort didn't give me any confidence moving forward. Now add in Parsons and DLaw will miss multiple games.

deerhunter11

Reaction score
You're not wrong.

I think Bell is a step slow too.

Juanyeh has wheels though.
Thomas needs to starting at free safety right now, this guy is athletic.In next years draft I would be looking at a saftey to pair with him.Time to get younger at safety .