Our season is over!

lostar2009

Reaction score
Never have I seen such sloppy, stupid and unaccountable play from a team besides the Cowboys. We lost to the Giants and pretty much gifted them turnovers. I would like to thank Beasley , Cassel and our scrub out lazy wide out core for that. Besides our screw ups the Giants offense couldnt score much but OUR offense help a lot! We wanted Cassel and that is what JJ gave us aganist the wishes of his OC. Cassel is nothing more than an int machine that is wreckless and chokes under pressure. I know at the moment we are 2 games out but with this current squad that's the equivalent to 5 games a daunting task. It seem like this team has to pull a lot and even reach for gadget plays to score 1 TD and it sucks. Romo is out another 4 weeks and Dez for another 2. Our back up qbs throw more picks than a screen play. I'm telling you it's over at this point. If we could not beat the Giants and Saints what indication is there to let us believe their is hope in beating the Seahawks, Commanders or any other team? At this point we will have to go 10-0 to finish 12-4 for a wild card but we all know that's not happening. We are on thin ice here another 2 losses and for the most part we can eliminate ourselves from a wild card spot. There is a chance we can win the division but come on we are in the basement and is getting slap around by everyone! I know the Commanders are licking their chops. I have zero faith in this mess we call a team.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Never have I seen such sloppy, stupid and unaccountable play from a team besides the Cowboys. We lost to the Giants and pretty much gifted them turnovers. I would like to thank Beasley , Cassel and our scrub out lazy wide out core for that. Besides our screw ups the Giants offense couldnt score much but OUR offense help a lot! We wanted Cassel and that is what JJ gave us aganist the wishes of his OC. Cassel is nothing more than an int machine that is wreckless and chokes under pressure. I know at the moment we are 2 games out but with this current squad that's the equivalent to 5 games a daunting task. It seem like this team has to pull a lot and even reach for gadget plays to score 1 TD and it sucks. Romo is out another 4 weeks and Dez for another 2. Our back up qbs throw more picks than a screen play. I'm telling you it's over at this point. If we could not beat the Giants and Saints what indication is there to let us believe their is hope in beating the Seahawks, Commanders or any other team? At this point we will have to go 10-0 to finish 12-4 for a wild card but we all know that's not happening. We are on thin ice here another 2 losses and for the most part we can eliminate ourselves from a wild card spot. There is a chance we can win the division but come on we are in the basement and is getting slap around by everyone! I know the Commanders are licking their chops. I have zero faith in this mess we call a team.

Have faith. The hall of fame coach in training, Jason "Howdy Doody" Garrett will save us. Its a 10 year process didnt you know?

lostar2009

Reaction score
Have faith. The hall of fame coach in training, Jason "Howdy Doody" Garrett will save us. Its a 10 year process didnt you know?

It's over with man. Only sticking around for some type of plot twists. A complete Eagles or Giants collapse. They call loose all their games until Romo come back and we will still be 2 games out. This team need some serious help.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
over? I still think a 9-7 or 8-8 team wins the East. Can you imagine how dangerous Dallas would be in the playoffs? Even at 8-8 they would be the team you don't want to play

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
lol...
so emphatic... you are feeling it today.

its not over, but its been hit by a speeding bus, and they will be making a decision if we need to be on life support by next weekend.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
nfc_east_standings_10_26.png

To those who say our season is over....explain to me why you don't think we can make a run when we're only 2 games behind first place, despite the horrible circumstances we've had to face over the last 4 weeks?

I'm not saying that this is exactly where I would want the Cowboys to be, and I'm not saying that they WILL overcome this. Just saying, it's not over. Stranger things have happened than catching a team with only a 2 game lead going into week 8.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
over? I still think a 9-7 or 8-8 team wins the East. Can you imagine how dangerous Dallas would be in the playoffs? Even at 8-8 they would be the team you don't want to play

How are we going to get to 9-7? That would mean we have to win 7 more games with Romo out for the next 3.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

To those who say our season is over....explain to me why you don't think we can make a run when we're only 2 games behind first place, despite the horrible circumstances we've had to face over the last 4 weeks?

I'm not saying that this is exactly where I would want the Cowboys to be, and I'm not saying that they WILL overcome this. Just saying, it's not over. Stranger things have happened than catching a team with only a 2 game lead going into week 8.

Because Romo is out 3 more games. One win is a maybe. Big maybe. so we are 3-6 when Romo comes back. Ok, 7 games to go. We would have to go 6-1.

Its not completely over my man, but its almost there. The ONLY way there is a realistic chance is if we go 2-1 the next 3 games and then have to go 5-2 down the stretch. That is the ONLY real way to do it.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Because Romo is out 3 more games. One win is a maybe. Big maybe. so we are 3-6 when Romo comes back. Ok, 7 games to go. We would have to go 6-1.

Its not completely over my man, but its almost there. The ONLY way there is a realistic chance is if we go 2-1 the next 3 games and then have to go 5-2 down the stretch. That is the ONLY real way to do it.

With this team? Man we couldn't beat the NY Giants. I just hope the Cowboys can pull one these division rivals down along with them.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score

First things first, I'm a woman. No problem, you may not have known.

Everything you said there depends on what the Giants, Eagles, and Commanders do.

Upcoming schedule for everyone over the next 3 Romo-less games:

Cowboys: Seattle, Philly, Tampa Bay (optimistically 2-1)
Giants: Saints, Tampa Bay, New England (probably 1-2)
Commanders: Bye, New England, Saints (0-2)
Eagles: Bye, Dallas, Miami (let's say 1-1...we have to win here)

Standings after that, if I'm right, become

Giants 6-5
Dallas 4-5
Philly 4-5
Commanders 3-6

We didn't lose ground there...we still need to make up those games when Tony returns.

Cowboys (week 11-17) Miami, Carolina, Commanders, Packers, Jets, Bills, Commanders
Giants (week 11-17) Bye, Commanders, Jets, Miami, Panthers, Vikings, Eagles

It doesn't look good on paper (the screen) but I'm going to pray that we upset the Panthers and Packers (I know we won't be favored in those games.) And I'm going to also pray the Giants lose 3 of those remaining games.

This IS a long-shot. Don't bet the house. But it IS mathematically possible, and stranger things have happened in football. The Giants could get hit with the injury bug in the coming weeks, too....nobody knows (I don't wish injuries on anyone, just saying.)

I think I'm going to have to keep posting this video until everyone stops giving up. I hope y'all like Lenny Kravitz.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
First things first, I'm a woman. No problem, you may not have known.

Everything you said there depends on what the Giants, Eagles, and Commanders do.

Upcoming schedule for everyone over the next 3 Romo-less games:

Cowboys: Seattle, Philly, Tampa Bay (optimistically 2-1)
Giants: Saints, Tampa Bay, New England (probably 1-2)
Commanders: Bye, New England, Saints (0-2)
Eagles: Bye, Dallas, Miami (let's say 1-1...we have to win here)

Standings after that, if I'm right, become

Giants 6-5
Dallas 4-5
Philly 4-5
Commanders 3-6

We didn't lose ground there...we still need to make up those games when Tony returns.

Cowboys (week 11-17) Miami, Carolina, Commanders, Packers, Jets, Bills, Commanders
Giants (week 11-17) Bye, Commanders, Jets, Miami, Panthers, Vikings, Eagles

It doesn't look good on paper (the screen) but I'm going to pray that we upset the Panthers and Packers (I know we won't be favored in those games.) And I'm going to also pray the Giants lose 3 of those remaining games.

This IS a long-shot. Don't bet the house. But it IS mathematically possible, and stranger things have happened in football. The Giants could get hit with the injury bug in the coming weeks, too....nobody knows (I don't wish injuries on anyone, just saying.)

I think I'm going to have to keep posting this video until everyone stops giving up. I hope y'all like Lenny Kravitz.

right on...
I find it amusing that most thinks everyone on a football message board is a male.... @HoustonSucks

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I think the biggest reason that many believe the season I over is because they now have zero faith that Dallas will win any games before Romo returns.

So those folks are looking at Dallas being 2-7 when Tony returns and, yeah, more than likely the season is over in that situation.