Our season is over!

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
I'm thinking even if we do win a game without Romo, we are going to lose more than 1 or 2 games when he returns. IMO

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
Why don't we all just sit back and relax....wait and see what happens. Live in the moment and don't worry about games on the schedule 3 weeks from now, 6 weeks from now. It'll happen like it happens.

There'll be time for doom and gloom later if the OP is right.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Upcoming schedule for everyone over the next 3 Romo-less games:

Cowboys: Seattle, Philly, Tampa Bay (optimistically 2-1)
Giants: Saints, Tampa Bay, New England (probably 1-2)
Commanders: Bye, New England, Saints (0-2)
Eagles: Bye, Dallas, Miami (let's say 1-1...we have to win here)

Standings after that, if I'm right, become

Giants 6-5
Dallas 4-5
Philly 4-5
Commanders 3-6

We didn't lose ground there...we still need to make up those games when Tony returns.
I[/media]

Giants would be 5-5 in your scenario (which I'd happily take btw)

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
First things first, I'm a woman. No problem, you may not have known.

Everything you said there depends on what the Giants, Eagles, and Commanders do.

Upcoming schedule for everyone over the next 3 Romo-less games:

Cowboys: Seattle, Philly, Tampa Bay (optimistically 2-1)
Giants: Saints, Tampa Bay, New England (probably 1-2)
Commanders: Bye, New England, Saints (0-2)
Eagles: Bye, Dallas, Miami (let's say 1-1...we have to win here)

Standings after that, if I'm right, become

Giants 6-5
Dallas 4-5
Philly 4-5
Commanders 3-6

We didn't lose ground there...we still need to make up those games when Tony returns.

Cowboys (week 11-17) Miami, Carolina, Commanders, Packers, Jets, Bills, Commanders
Giants (week 11-17) Bye, Commanders, Jets, Miami, Panthers, Vikings, Eagles

It doesn't look good on paper (the screen) but I'm going to pray that we upset the Panthers and Packers (I know we won't be favored in those games.) And I'm going to also pray the Giants lose 3 of those remaining games.

This IS a long-shot. Don't bet the house. But it IS mathematically possible, and stranger things have happened in football. The Giants could get hit with the injury bug in the coming weeks, too....nobody knows (I don't wish injuries on anyone, just saying.)

I think I'm going to have to keep posting this video until everyone stops giving up. I hope y'all like Lenny Kravitz.

Giants would actually be 5-5 in that scenario. Even if they were to go 4-2 in their last six Dallas could tie them with two non Romo wins and a 5-2 record in the last seven. Then it gets into tiebreakers. First one is divisional record. NY is 2-2. Dallas is 2-1. Going to have to get that win against Philly for any real shot. If the division goes like that over the next few weeks and Dallas is in striking distance, I'll take Tony and the Boys over all those teams.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
Giants would be 5-5 in your scenario (which I'd happily take btw)

Giants would actually be 5-5 in that scenario. Even if they were to go 4-2 in their last six Dallas could tie them with two non Romo wins and a 5-2 record in the last seven. Then it gets into tiebreakers. First one is divisional record. NY is 2-2. Dallas is 2-1. Going to have to get that win against Philly for any real shot. If the division goes like that over the next few weeks and Dallas is in striking distance, I'll take Tony and the Boys over all those teams.
You're right....even better!! What was I thinking?? :thumbup:

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
An ancillary thought to this is that last year was an anomaly for this division. Three 8-8 years and Dallas was in it till the last game. From the looks of it a similar record could win the division this year as well. Yesterday convinced me that the Giants blow. They won by 7 points with an insane amount of breaks.

Play team absent their two best players. Refs take 14 points off the board. Cassel forget what team he was on for a quarter. Run back a kick for a TD. And you still had to win it on a muffed punt? That's not a good team up there. I think the mess in Philly might be more of a threat.

lostar2009

Reaction score
An ancillary thought to this is that last year was an anomaly for this division. Three 8-8 years and Dallas was in it till the last game. From the looks of it a similar record could win the division this year as well. Yesterday convinced me that the Giants blow. They won by 7 points with an insane amount of breaks.

Play team absent their two best players. Refs take 14 points off the board. Cassel forget what team he was on for a quarter. Run back a kick for a TD. And you still had to win it on a muffed punt? That's not a good team up there. I think the mess in Philly might be more of a threat.

It doesn't matter how the Giants won its the fact we are constantly constantly constantly giving team breaks and it sucks! 3 ints, bad routes, botch returns, break downs in ST... How can we say the Giants was actually lucky when in reality they did what their play call was design to do which is to make plays ! Our D didn't have not one int although Eli threw up many ducks. No breakdowns on the Giants end on turnovers and their specials team was tight for the most part. The Giants came in and did what they was suppose to do AND was able to score on all THREE PHASES of the game.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
It doesn't matter how the Giants won its the fact we are constantly constantly constantly giving team breaks and it sucks! 3 ints, bad routes, botch returns, break downs in ST... How can we say the Giants was actually lucky when in reality they did what their play call was design to do which is to make plays ! Our D didn't have not one int although Eli threw up many ducks. No breakdowns on the Giants end on turnovers and their specials team was tight for the most part. The Giants came in and did what they was suppose to do AND was able to score on all THREE PHASES of the game.

It doesn't change the outcome, but it's certainly informative to their future prospects.