Our secondary... Wow!

Bizwah

Reaction score
I don't know about you all, but I like how our secondary is shaping up.

Newman
Henry
Jones
Jenkins
Hamlin
Williams

I think we have four guys capable of playing their man straight up. This should allow Roy and Hamlin to play close to the LOS.

I've been disappointed as anyone with Roy's play lately...but he could have a revival of sorts this year.

Dhragon

Deadly Claws of Death
Reaction score
Bizwah;2055858 said:
I don't know about you all, but I like how our secondary is shaping up.

Newman
Henry
Jones
Jenkins
Hamlin
Williams

I think we have four guys capable of playing their man straight up. This should allow Roy and Hamlin to play close to the LOS.

I've been disappointed as anyone with Roy's play lately...but he could have a revival of sorts this year.

Certainly has potential doesn't it! :D

links18

Reaction score
Newman is most likely gone after this year after the Jenkins pick.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
:laugh1: You guys are forgetting the biggest difference maker of them all.....................Patrick Watkins!!!!

cnhnyy

Reaction score
I still think we need to draft another CB/Safety in the 3rd/4th. Jones might never play for us. That leaves us three CBs. Giants/eagles/Commanders or Packers all have multiple WRs (heck Skins just drafted two in the second round) and we have to keep up with these crazy five-WR sets.

COfWaBnOY

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2055870 said:
IF Roy Williams can become the guy drafted in '02 then it's to the Superbowl for Dallas.

IF not play Pat Watkins (which was left off) he has to be better than last years Roy Williams :)

StylisticS

Reaction score
Left off Courtney Brown as well. Who knows what type of player he could become.

DCfaninDC

Reaction score
links18;2055889 said:
Newman is most likely gone after this year after the Jenkins pick.
While I agree that this does sound crazy, but I can see it happening.

They were even talking about on NFLN (Sanders I think), Jerry doesn't like for players to dictate the contact negotiations. Barber and Newman will be shown the door if they get too feisty with Mr. Jones next off season. That is why I think we had a RB and CB with our 1sts.

xplozno8

Reaction score
StylisticS;2055912 said:
Left off Courtney Brown as well. Who knows what type of player he could become.

Left off Alan Ball, who TNew has been raving about as well! :bow:

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Left of a lot of guys, I think some of you are missing the point. lol

StylisticS

Reaction score
DCfaninDC;2055918 said:
While I agree that this does sound crazy, but I can see it happening.

They were even talking about on NFLN (Sanders I think), Jerry doesn't like for players to dictate the contact negotiations. Barber and Newman will be shown the door if they get too feisty with Mr. Jones next off season. That is why I think we had a RB and CB with our 1sts.
I can see that logic with the CB, but not RB. We simply needed another rb to run the type of offense that Garrett wants to run.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I love our secondary upgrade here. It's a much stronger secondary but I do agree with the above poster, who mentioned it, that the Jenkins pick might have spelled the end of TNew here after this year. They might have been getting ready for the inevitible fact that they dont intend to pay him the kind of money they'd have to in order to keep him.

DCfaninDC

Reaction score
StylisticS;2055968 said:
I can see that logic with the CB, but not RB. We simply needed another rb to run the type of offense that Garrett wants to run.
But we could have waited a bit longer and taken Rice or Hart with our 2nd rounder. Instead, Jones is more of a starter quality and blossom into a good RB by the end of next season. If Barber wants a LT type of deal next year, he won't get it.

Again pure speculation...

Boy am I excited about next year!!!

WarC

Reaction score
I'm very happy with how the secondary is turning out after today. Its been a problem for years now and finally we might have a secondary that doesn't REQUIRE pressure on the opposing QB to be effective.

I'm drinking the koolaid!