Our Special Teams needs a jolt

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Our special teams are atrocious, so I'd be keen on making that move if T. Austin can't go still. I'd IR Austin and sign him to reasonable deal. Then let Austin and Cooper (how many bloody Coopers do we have? lol) battle in the offseason for the starting job.

Noryb

Reaction score
Please take Beasley off of punt returns. I get that he is reliable catching the ball but he is no threat to return it for anything more than 5 yards max.
Cole Beasley is the quickest-slowest dude I've ever seen. He can juke a defender out of his jock and get tackled by that same defender three yards down the field.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Our STs are non-existent

No they definitely exist... every game they are good for penalties and negative plays

Quinn should have been fired after Gregory’s gaffe in the NO game.

It’s one thing to not produce any positive plays as a unit but not hurt your team with bad play. Quite another to consistently get penalties and make errors that can cost your team the chance to win.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
You know? I've got an idea. It's probably a rubbish idea, but I'd be interested in giving Jose Mourinho (former manager of Man U and Chelsea among others) a go as the ST coach. He can't do much worse than our current ST chap, and it'd be curious to see what he makes of our special teams squad. Just throwing it out there.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Coverage unit with Frazier I think has been good, in terms of punt return yes would like to see more but given the penalties across the NFL in the return game sometime I think you are better off fair catching as opposed to getting 10 yards penalty. Kickoffs now days seem to be a non factor since most are just letting it come out to the 25

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Coverage unit with Frazier I think has been good, in terms of punt return yes would like to see more but given the penalties across the NFL in the return game sometime I think you are better off fair catching as opposed to getting 10 yards penalty. Kickoffs now days seem to be a non factor since most are just letting it come out to the 25
Correct

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamst

We dont have a single ST unit with a positive DVOA at the moment. Embarrassing

Mr_437

Reaction score
The one type of return man you need in today's NFL and DAL has failed to have that this season. A PR'er can make a huge difference in field position, and this offense needs some short fields. Bease just needs to fair catch only don't even bother. Tavon just runs side to side. JD (#27) is the only hope, but he may cough up the ball if he gets hit too hard.

Be cool if DAL find some electric in 5th round or later for this return team.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
The one type of return man you need in today's NFL and DAL has failed to have that this season. A PR'er can make a huge difference in field position, and this offense needs some short fields. Bease just needs to fair catch only don't even bother. Tavon just runs side to side. JD (#27) is the only hope, but he may cough up the ball if he gets hit too hard.

Be cool if DAL find some electric in 5th round or later for this return team.

I thought Isaiah McKenzie could have been that in the last draft. He didnt work out in Denver and is making contributions as a WR with the Bills which is shocking to me as he didnt display great receiving chops while at Georgia from what I watched.