Our strongside blocking

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
needs to drastically improve going into December. Based on what I was watching, our TEs and RBs were letting Seattle DEs, LBs, or DBs come completely free off the edge throughout much of the game. Romo was getting hit far too much for my taste. Almost all of these hits came via pressure from the strongside. This is the second consecutive game where Barber was poor in pass protection. Even Witten is missing on some of his blocking assignments. I wonder if the rib injury is impacting his ability to block those edge rushers. Bennett and Anderson are also whiffing.

We can get away with this against the likes of SF and Seattle.......but Pittsburgh, NYG, Baltimore, and Philly will eat Romo alive.

Normally I would bash the OL when Romo gets hit this much, but they actually did a pretty good job of protecting him today.

This one is on our RBs and TEs.....Let's get it fixed....

Boysboy

Reaction score
Biggems;2448636 said:
needs to drastically improve going into December. Based on what I was watching, our TEs and RBs were letting Seattle DEs, LBs, or DBs come completely free off the edge throughout much of the game. Romo was getting hit far too much for my taste. Almost all of these hits came via pressure from the strongside. This is the second consecutive game where Barber was poor in pass protection. Even Witten is missing on some of his blocking assignments. I wonder if the rib injury is impacting his ability to block those edge rushers. Bennett and Anderson are also whiffing.

We can get away with this against the likes of SF and Seattle.......but Pittsburgh, NYG, Baltimore, and Philly will eat Romo alive.

Normally I would bash the OL when Romo gets hit this much, but they actually did a pretty good job of protecting him today.

This one is on our RBs and TEs.....Let's get it fixed....

I was just thinking why we have Dec doldrums every year-and I think you may have hit it on the nail.

Since the Parcells-era began(and ended/carried over to Wade), our pass protection has been our weakest link in Dec. Remember the last 2 years, even the lowly Lions' patchwork pass rush got to us effectively.

As much as I hate all the negativity on this board, I'm glad someone like you is a voice of reason.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Boysboy;2448653 said:
I was just thinking why we have Dec doldrums every year-and I think you may have hit it on the nail.

Since the Parcells-era began(and ended/carried over to Wade), our pass protection has been our weakest link in Dec. Remember the last 2 years, even the lowly Lions' patchwork pass rush got to us effectively.

As much as I hate all the negativity on this board, I'm glad someone like you is a voice of reason.

Thanks....it was an impressive win. We dominated the game from start to finish. However, I don't like seeing Romo get lit up like he did today. His security is of utmost importance. Our pass blockers, including TEs, RBs, and WRs, need to treat Romo like he is the President of the United States and they are the Secret Service. Their main priority is to keep the President free from harm.

The OL did a great job protecting Romo.....but the other blockers failed miserably.