Tennessee - Average
Washington - Average

Before you go off on this.....
Think draft and free agency signings.
Not player losses.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
wayy too generic to be useful, but i'd guess it was too much to get all the actual breakdowns added.

Eddie

Reaction score
So lemme think about this one ... when the "experts" rate our FA's as EXCELLENT, we're happy.

But when they shoot us down for lousy FA moves, we call them Mediots, claim an anti-Cowboy conspiracy, and shout that it's too early to judge a FA class.

Amazing!!!

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Who did Philly even sign to get a Very Good rating?

Dallas4ever

Reaction score
Seeing these things makes us fans very exited in June and July, but reality sets in over time. It will be a while before the true grades can be given. Considering the history of the Cowboys drafts the past several years, we can only hope that we hit big this one. Anytime you have two 1st round picks.....you better grade high on paper and on the field.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
dmq said:
Who did Philly even sign to get a Very Good rating?

From the Ourlads book...
The Eagles did a good job filling needs for their system. Patterson was projected as second or third rounder, but will be a good fit in Jim Johnson's schemes. Brown was a need pick who will upgrade the overall receiver corps. McCoy is productive. Moats is undersized but brings another deminsion to Reid's offense. Considine may be the sleeper of the Eagles Draft. Herremans, Armstrong, Marshall, and Bergeron are developmental picks. Cole is a speedy edge pass rusher and Young is an athletic and physical guard who can be molded by highly regarded line coach, Juan Castillo.

The Eagles did not loose any one who means anything.
They signed their own F/A's and a few others.

Something like the Pat's have been doing the past few years.

The only thing I see here is they will fall into the trap the Cowboys did in the late 80's. Drafting last or near last - you do not get the top talent to keep a team on top.

Eddie

Reaction score
Unlike our drafting in the mid to late 90's, Philly has done a good job with the draft. They've also learned how to control the Salary Cap instead of allowing a few aging veterans to eat up the majority of our cap space.

They rarely have significant dead money and do a great job at keeping talent.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eddie said:
Unlike our drafting in the mid to late 90's, Philly has done a good job with the draft. They've also learned how to control the Salary Cap instead of allowing a few aging veterans to eat up the majority of our cap space.

They rarely have significant dead money and do a great job at keeping talent.

Well said.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Longboysfan said:
From the Ourlads book...
The Eagles did a good job filling needs for their system. Patterson was projected as second or third rounder, but will be a good fit in Jim Johnson's schemes. Brown was a need pick who will upgrade the overall receiver corps. McCoy is productive. Moats is undersized but brings another deminsion to Reid's offense. Considine may be the sleeper of the Eagles Draft. Herremans, Armstrong, Marshall, and Bergeron are developmental picks. Cole is a speedy edge pass rusher and Young is an athletic and physical guard who can be molded by highly regarded line coach, Juan Castillo.

The Eagles did not loose any one who means anything.
They signed their own F/A's and a few others.

Something like the Pat's have been doing the past few years.

The only thing I see here is they will fall into the trap the Cowboys did in the late 80's. Drafting last or near last - you do not get the top talent to keep a team on top.

I'm trying to recall who their free-agent signings were, but I'm drawing a total blank...?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dale said:
I'm trying to recall who their free-agent signings were, but I'm drawing a total blank...?
I think that's because the only FA signings they've made have been their own. They did sign QB Mike McMahon as a backup.

FRANCHISE PLAYER
DT Corey Simon.

TRANSITION PLAYER
None.

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS
QB Jeff Blake; RB Dorsey Levens; TE Chad Lewis; TE Jeff Thomason.

RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS
None.

EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS FREE AGENTS
None.

DRAFT CHOICES SIGNED
OT Todd Herremans (4/126); OG Scott Young (5/172); DT Keyonta Marshall (7/247).

PLAYERS RE-SIGNED: LB Keith Adams; RB Correll Buckhalter; DE Hugh Douglas; FB Jon Ritchie; LB Jeremiah Trotter; RB Brian Westbrook.

PLAYERS ACQUIRED
QB Mike McMahon.

PLAYERS LOST
OT Ian Allen; DE Derrick Burgess; C Alonzo Ephraim; RG Jermane Mayberry; WR Freddie Mitchell; LB Ike Reese; LB Nate Wayne.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ourlads doesn't base grades on free agent signings. Strictly on the draft. Philly's "Very Good" was based on their draft only.

Eddie

Reaction score
Somehow ... we let a starting caliber Super Bowl LB go.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The Eags had a good draft and solid off-season but losing :

PLAYERS LOST
OT Ian Allen; DE Derrick Burgess; C Alonzo Ephraim; RG Jermane Mayberry; WR Freddie Mitchell; LB Ike Reese; LB Nate Wayne.

is a fair amount.

Burgess was thei rbest playoff DE. Mayberry finnaly was performing well the past 2 years. Mitchell is a dufus but by far their 3rd best WR. Reese and Wayne were solid LBs with ST contributions.