OURSPORTSCENTRAL: Woody Dantzler signs w/AFL Chicago Rush

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Chicago Rush announced today it has signed former Clemson quarterback Woody Dantzler to a two-year contract. Dantzler will play WR/DB for the Rush.

"Woody Dantzler is a fantastic athlete who can play multiple positions," said Rush head coach Mike Hohensee. "We are going to teach him the game of Arena Football and try to find a way to use his many talents to help us win."

Dantzler (6-0, 205, Clemson) re-wrote the record books in his four years (1998-2001) playing quarterback at Clemson, becoming the first QB in NCAA history to pass for 2,000 yards and rush for 1,000 yards in the same season (2001) and only the third quarterback in history to pass for 5,000 yards and rush for 2,500 yards in his career. He left campus the holder of 53 school records.

Dantzler spent the 2002 NFL season as a running back and kick returner with the Dallas Cowboys before playing nine games for the Atlanta Falcons in 2003. Earlier this year Dantlzer joined NFL Europe's Frankfort Galaxy, recording 27 tackles and two passes broken up while learning to play safety.

The Chicago Rush kicks of its season January 29, at Colorado. The Rush home opener is set for 7:30 p.m. Friday, February 3, against the New York Dragons. Fans interested in purchasing season or group tickets for 2006 can call the Rush at (877) RUSH-TIX or visit the team's Web site, www.chicagorush.com.

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=3247074

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Truthfully i'd prefer him at KR over Tyson"run directly into the pile every time" Thompson

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Muhast said:
Truthfully i'd prefer him at KR over Tyson"run directly into the pile every time" Thompson

1 good return.

No position.

I'll take Tyson.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Ill take tyson as well. Tyson doesnt break many big ones but he consistently gets to the 30. Seems he goes down afully easy though

jay cee

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Good for him. That's probably where he should have been a long time ago.
I always thought he should have gone to Canada and played QB. But I don't blame him for not going and playing in that cold weather. The CFL should be played during the Spring and Summer IMO.

Not hard to tell that I'm from the South is it? :D

jem88

Reaction score
jay cee said:
I always thought he should have gone to Canada and played QB. But I don't blame him for not going and playing in that cold weather. The CFL should be played during the Spring and Summer IMO.

Not hard to tell that I'm from the South is it? :D
Well beggars can't be choosers in his case. That being said, it's been bitterly cold here in Toronto. Last week with the wind it was -25 Celsius, which converts to -13 fahrenheit.

jay cee

Reaction score
jem88 said:
Well beggars can't be choosers in his case. That being said, it's been bitterly cold here in Toronto. Last week with the wind it was -25 Celsius, which converts to -13 fahrenheit.
the only way I could survive a winter like that is to hibernate until the spring.

jem88

Reaction score
jay cee said:
the only way I could survive a winter like that is to hibernate until the spring.
Honestly, you get used to it pretty quickly. My wife is from Venezuela and she's now getting used to it. I can be unpleasant though!