Out of respect to the CowboysZone...

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HardHittin'Witten;2052600 said:
Is it a bad thing that I already cracked open my first beer?

No - I'll give you the 20 minute head start.

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
HardHittin'Witten;2052600 said:
Is it a bad thing that I already cracked open my first beer?

It's a bad thing that I didn't stock up last night so I can't join you right now.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
masomenos85;2052606 said:
It's a bad thing that I didn't stock up last night so I can't join you right now.

Lack of preparation for draft day - - minus 3 points.....not good.

HardHittin'Witten

This ain't Madden
Reaction score
I took about a 4 hour nap last night to let my liver get ready for what is going to be a long day. Hopefully, it will be a celebration, and not like when we passed up on Stephen Jackson. I left my own draft party that day. Just sat in the garage and started poundin' em down.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
TEUFELI;2052589 said:
Why in the world would we draft another 2nd rd TE? We are obviously not gonna run the 2 TE set, we have a ProBowler there, and like his backup Curtis. So please explain that one...I dont get it. I will slit my wrists if we waste a 2nd rd pick on a TE.

If Witten goes down, do you think Curtis could come in and be a good run blocker, too? Bennett played in a run-first offense, but needs a little work on blocking skills. For a TE, the kid can fly (ran a 4.69 at the combine, pretty good for a 255 lb. TE) and has incredible hands. His numbers increased each year at A&M.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Cbz40;2052409 said:
The only prediction I will make is that I will have consumed a case of DrPepper by the end of the second round....and you can throw in a few hot wings to boot.

I predict some bathroom time in your future :D

Morning Pops, Sarge, Hos

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Sarge;2052551 said:
You were skatin' along magically until you mentioned Manningham... ;)

I know he had the failed drug tests but getting him in the end of round two would be a steal. The guy has legit first round grades and his production in college has been outstanding.

His biggest knock on the field is he sometimes has a case of the dropsies. (kinda like TO)

But getting Mendenhall should make the rest of the draft look great no matter who we get.

Just don't be surprised if we don't take Williams from Vandy in the first if we don't trade that #28 pick if he's there.

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
HardHittin'Witten;2052617 said:
I took about a 4 hour nap last night to let my liver get ready for what is going to be a long day. Hopefully, it will be a celebration, and not like when we passed up on Stephen Jackson. I left my own draft party that day. Just sat in the garage and started poundin' em down.

:laugh2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Sarge;2052535 said:
I tell ya freakshow, I don't know if I can wait 45 more minutes. Just put down a half dozen eggs and a pound of bacon so I'm pretty damn thirsty.

Let's get your picks for the record there buster.
22 will be a CBa with high character. Cason, Jenkins, or Flowers. I think the Cowboys hope Jenkins is there. I am hoping for Cason obviously. Cason is the pick. I do a backflip into the pool.

28 will be traded either to Detroit for Williams, or to one of 3 teams for picks.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Lets quit discussing beer...I think I drank a truckload last night at the Springsteen concert...first time I had ever seen him, he was great

and even though my heads about to blow up, I have this sneaking suspicion we're all gonna be surprised some today...Felix Jones wouldnt be a surprise att 22, but Kenny Phillips or Tyrell Johnson at 28 might be...and Jordy Nelson at 61 or maybe even a few spots higher...I have no idea why I think this, its probably the hangover...

David

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;2052628 said:
22 will be a CBa with high character. Cason, Jenkins, or Flowers. I think the Cowboys hope Jenkins is there. I am hoping for Cason obviously. Cason is the pick. I do a backflip into the pool.

28 will be traded either to Detroit for Williams, or to one of 3 teams for picks.

I'm on board with this, totally.

Valor

Benched
Reaction score
Sarge;2052535 said:
I tell ya freakshow, I don't know if I can wait 45 more minutes. Just put down a half dozen eggs and a pound of bacon so I'm pretty damn thirsty.

RIP Sarge. We hardly knew ye.