Over under on Dez offseason bad headlines ... two

JackWagon

Reaction score
And im taking the over.

He has to have a breakout year in 2012 or be labeled a 1st round bust.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
JackWagon;4361615 said:
And im taking the over.

He has to have a breakout year in 2012 or be labeled a 1st round bust.

I'll take the under

Brian_C82

Reaction score
Dez has virtually the same number of yards and touchdowns as Terrell Owens at the same point in their career. Look it up. He's on track to be a superstar.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Brian_C82;4361634 said:
Dez has virtually the same number of yards and touchdowns as Terrell Owens at the same point in their career. Look it up. He's on track to be a superstar.

Michael Irvin did not have a breakout season until his 4th year in the league. After his first 3 seasons, Irvin had 78 receptions, 1445 yards and 12 TDs. Dez has those totals beat after just 2 seasons. The third year is when wide receivers typically finally get it.

Maybe Dez would be considered a bust, but I would gladly accept him producing 900 yards and 9 TDs a season over the next 10 to 12 years.

dboy214

Benched
Reaction score
according to ben/skin and JTT he was fined over 100k this past season by the team for constantly being late but they kept it all under wraps and eventually didn't make him pay it.

i say over.

rangers71

Reaction score
Over. Also if he didn't have to pay the fine what a crock that is. If thats true and if I were Jason I would turn my keys in to Jerry today. How the hell is he supposed to coach the team and try to hold them accountable if the owner won't let him do anything to them?

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Over. The guy can't seem to stay out of trouble with stupid little things that the media will run with.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
At the end of the day, who cares. No of these guys are my role models or my kids role models.

Irvin was a coke head, yet brought 3 rings.

I could care less if bryant buys 10 million worth of chains and ear rings and doesn't pay.

Catch the ball and score TD's. Dez is a good football player, don't really care what type of person he is.

If character mattered, there would be no NFL.

joseephuss

Reaction score
DBOY3141;4361733 said:
At the end of the day, who cares. No of these guys are my role models or my kids role models.

Irvin was a coke head, yet brought 3 rings.

I could care less if bryant buys 10 million worth of chains and ear rings and doesn't pay.

Catch the ball and score TD's. Dez is a good football player, don't really care what type of person he is.

If character mattered, there would be no NFL.

I don't agree with that. Character does matter. There will always be a few guys with low character on a team, but you also need the high character guys as well.

And character can manifest in different ways. You don't want a talented player that doesn't put the work in to make himself and his team better. I hope Dez is not that type of player. Even with his off the field issues, Irvin worked extremely hard to be the best on the field. He would be viewed very differently if he didn't work as hard and was getting in trouble off the field.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
I'm saying character doesn't matter. I'm saying most of the folks in the NFL don't have good character. They are good football players, but outside the lines I'm sure most are knuckleheads.

I don't care how hard you work at your job, if you get drunk and drive or smoke weed or don't pay your bills....you have no character.

Dez, like Irvin is a good football player, but both are knuckleheads.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
dboy214;4361668 said:
according to ben/skin and JTT he was fined over 100k this past season by the team for constantly being late but they kept it all under wraps and eventually didn't make him pay it.

i say over.

I hate things like this. Which isn't your fault but things like this from the media are just junk. They have no way to show that they can verify that, and will always hide behind the "We don't reveal" crap so that they can say stuff like this that, as a fan, I can see just as easily being completely made up as I can see it being true.

Now I'm not saying there is no shot that this is true, cause there is always a shot things like this are true, I just hate when media people put junk like this out there in such a way because there is no way to verify it's validity.

joseephuss

Reaction score
DBOY3141;4361769 said:
I'm saying character doesn't matter. I'm saying most of the folks in the NFL don't have good character. They are good football players, but outside the lines I'm sure most are knuckleheads.

I don't care how hard you work at your job, if you get drunk and drive or smoke weed or don't pay your bills....you have no character.

Working hard at your job shows something about a person's character. So does not working hard. There are guys out there that don't work hard at their job, yet they still aren't out there drinking and driving or smoking weed.

I disagree that most guys in the NFL don't have good character. They have a fair share of knuckleheads in the NFL, but most guys are good guys.

dboy214

Benched
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4361817 said:
I hate things like this. Which isn't your fault but things like this from the media are just junk. They have no way to show that they can verify that, and will always hide behind the "We don't reveal" crap so that they can say stuff like this that, as a fan, I can see just as easily being completely made up as I can see it being true.

Now I'm not saying there is no shot that this is true, cause there is always a shot things like this are true, I just hate when media people put junk like this out there in such a way because there is no way to verify it's validity.
yeah i know what you mean, which is why i said "according to...".

but i trust todd archer, and he was involved in the discussion as well.

the audio is on *********'s website.

joseephuss

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4361817 said:

I agree. Who would even leak this information? There are only a handful of people within the Cowboys organization would even know about the fines. Jason Garrett, Jerry Jones and Dez would know about it and then maybe some administrative person. Does anyone believe any of those people would be sharing that info with the media?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Over under on Jackwagon hoping for bad headlines about Dez ?... I will take over.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
dboy214;4361835 said:
yeah i know what you mean, which is why i said "according to...".

but i trust todd archer, and he was involved in the discussion as well.

the audio is on *********'s website.

Appreciate the information. Thank you.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DBOY3141;4361769 said:

I think there are more good than bad, the bad just gets more headlines.

There are alot of quality players in the NFL both on the field and off the field

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Why are you guys expecting Randy Moss dominance? He almost had 1000 yards and/or 10 TDs this season in a "quiet" season. That's far from a bust. It's not his fault that some of you people got gassed up thinking he would come in and be the 2nd coming of Moss right away and make up for passing up on him in 1998.

Look at the stats of Roddy White, Reggie Wayne, Greg Jennings at the same point of their careers. They aren't that much different from what Dez has so far.