Over/Under on Gurode as Center

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
We need to re-sign Derek "don't call me obese" Kennard.

235-145-aikman.new.jpg

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
It's funny to me how when Al Johnson was playing last year and our guards would miss their assignment, it is because they suck, but when Gurode plays, it's because he's a moron and didn't call the right assignment.

Gurode has gotten the label of being a moron and Al Johnson a genius when not a SINGLE ONE OF US knows what the blocking assignment on a given play is. How this has happened baffles me.

Gurode's label as a scatter brain has come from his time at guard when he continually missed blocks. In fact, we have little idea of how his assignment-calling duties go on the field because, as Adam pointed out, he only played center 15% of the time last season and 4 preseason games.

As far as his starting status - it's amazing to me how quickly he gets jumped on - 3 games of dominance and one game of below average play, and we quickly focus on the latter.

I wonder, how many botched snaps was Johnson responsible for last season? I can think of two at the top of my head. Oh, but wait, Johnson is Norman Einstein at the center position.

The fact is, Johnson has made ZERO overture to displace Gurode as starting center in the preseason. NONE. Adam, you state that Parcells has repeatedly said that Gurode's position at center is tenuous and that they could easily split time...well...action is louder than spoken word, and Parcells' action thus far this season show Gurode at starter.

The truth of the matter is this - whatever mental issues Gurode has at this point seem to be minimalized in Parcells' eyes, so much to the point that Gurode's perceived lack of concentration appears to be the lesser of two evils, as Johnson's inability to hold his ground has kept him from seeing the field against starters.

Honest opinion - fans are blowing this snap count thing out of proportion as compared to Parcells. It happens, it happened twice in one game. But apparently Gurode has done enough good to negate it, as it seems he will be starting for us on Sunday.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
Because Parcells wants Gurode's bigger body in there, if he can handle it.
Yep.....We all know it's only because of his size. Apparently Johnson put on
10lbs. He got bigger... why isn't he starting.............talent

AdamJT13 said:
Just like when someone says "he's a liablity on every play where the defense knows exactly what is coming"? That's factually incorrect, too.
So why isn't he starting........why was the competition sacked before Al Johnson even had a chance to play with the 1st unit.

His weight issue makes him a liability, making whatever talents he brings to the table obsolete.

He wasn't allowed to eat at the big table even after having 1 season and a half of starting experience.

Can you focus that through your homer glasses or do you need stats to get that through your brain

AdamJT13 said:
And it's still left to be seen whether he is now.
very true, one things for sure, even without playing a game Gurode is considered a better option.

AdamJT13 said:
And Parcells has stated repeatedly that Gurode's hold on the position is tenuous, and he just might rotate them. Like I said, Gurode needs to stop making critical mistakes if he's going to play more than 50 percent of the snaps this season.
So freaking what. That statement goes for every player that starts on this team.

Are you naive enough to think it only applies to Gurode.

Or do your Al Johnson homer glasses magnify it when Gurode's name is mentioned specifically.:lmao2:

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
It's funny to me how when Al Johnson was playing last year and our guards would miss their assignment, it is because they suck, but when Gurode plays, it's because he's a moron and didn't call the right assignment.

Gurode has gotten the label of being a moron and Al Johnson a genius when not a SINGLE ONE OF US knows what the blocking assignment on a given play is. How this has happened baffles me.

Gurode's label as a scatter brain has come from his time at guard when he continually missed blocks. In fact, we have little idea of how his assignment-calling duties go on the field because, as Adam pointed out, he only played center 15% of the time last season and 4 preseason games.

As far as his starting status - it's amazing to me how quickly he gets jumped on - 3 games of dominance and one game of below average play, and we quickly focus on the latter.

I wonder, how many botched snaps was Johnson responsible for last season? I can think of two at the top of my head. Oh, but wait, Johnson is Norman Einstein at the center position.

The fact is, Johnson has made ZERO overture to displace Gurode as starting center in the preseason. NONE. Adam, you state that Parcells has repeatedly said that Gurode's position at center is tenuous and that they could easily split time...well...action is louder than spoken word, and Parcells' action thus far this season show Gurode at starter.

The truth of the matter is this - whatever mental issues Gurode has at this point seem to be minimalized in Parcells' eyes, so much to the point that Gurode's perceived lack of concentration appears to be the lesser of two evils, as Johnson's inability to hold his ground has kept him from seeing the field against starters.

Honest opinion - fans are blowing this snap count thing out of proportion as compared to Parcells. It happens, it happened twice in one game. But apparently Gurode has done enough good to negate it, as it seems he will be starting for us on Sunday.

They are holding out CrownRoyal.

Do you know how hard it is to substitute centers on MADDEN?

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Crown Royal said:

Nice post....I figure not much will be said cause it is on the line that people don't want to bring up. No player is as good or bad as the media makes them out to be.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Charles said:
That statement goes for every player that starts on this team.

Are you naive enough to think it only applies to Gurode.

Or do your Al Johnson homer glasses magnify it when Gurode's name is mentioned specifically.

You say that as if I care who starts at center. Unlike a lot of fans, I don't care which player is a starter or a backup at any position (quarterback, running back, center, right tackle, etc.). I'm a Cowboys fan, period. I would be absolutely giddy if Gurode goes to the Pro Bowl as a center this season. I'd be just as happy if Al Johnson did. I don't care one way or another, as long as it's better for the team.

Rush 2112

Reaction score
Gutard won this "competition" the day the schedule came out.

Anyone who thinks differently is likely smoking a Tony Curtis flavored cigar.