Owens question??

GhettoxCowboy

Dem Boyz
Reaction score
We made a big move today, getting williams from det but, is owens gonna be ok with this? Or will he turn into the old T.O?? Clearly by getting RW, T.O is gonna get the ball less, and that goes for everybody else on offense.love the move but, unless we have 2 footballs out there I don't see how we keep everybody happy on offense. Thoughts??

Deep_South

Reaction score
I think one of the main reasons to get Roy Williams is to get T.O. open more often. This should mean more big plays for T.O.

Boysboy

Reaction score
T.O81;2339045 said:
We made a big move today, getting williams from det but, is owens gonna be ok with this? Or will he turn into the old T.O?? Clearly by getting RW, T.O is gonna get the ball less, and that goes for everybody else on offense.love the move but, unless we have 2 footballs out there I don't see how we keep everybody happy on offense. Thoughts??

*shrugs* Why hasn't TO spoken up about this yet? Remember all those receivers Jerry approached other teams about in the offseason? And this Roy one has been the worst kept secret in all of football for some time now?

Really-I would have thought his old self would have come out a LONG time ago through this entire period.

BTW-if you're so nervous, you should change your screen name.;)

Phantom

Benched
Reaction score
Who cares if Owens is ok. He doesn't own the team, this isn't his team. If he has a problem, he can leave. Jerry wont let him destroy this team. If Owens is serious about a Championship, he better be dancing in his house right now.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
T.O81;2339045 said:

Actually, everyone has been double teaming TO the last few weeks...CB plays tight with safety over the top...now with Roy they will not be able to do that or else, Witten and the run game will kill them. Trust me TO is jumping for joy.

zeromaster

Reaction score
TO is all about winning, and I can see where this acquisition just reinforces that for him. He's come far enough that he knows it's not all about him; he may not always be happy about his numbers, but he gets the big picture.

Number82

No Helmet; No Problem
Reaction score
What they said ...

Yeah, I think TO loves this trade so teams can't double him. If they do, Witten and Roy Williams will eat them up. They'll have to play honest defense against this "Madden Style Offense."

GhettoxCowboy

Dem Boyz
Reaction score
Great news man. Glad T.O is takin it well. Just hope that romo does not forget about good o'l witten now that he has a new weapon to throw to. With that being said go cowboys!!!

Dcowboy84

Reaction score
i would think this helps TO a lot more than it hurts him.

he is guaranteed that he will not be doubled on every play, and if we can start putting him in motion more on top of that, he should get more opportunities.

and for the future we have a #1 to take TOs place when he leaves.

it puts Crayton back at #3 which i think a lot of us agree he is better suited.

we bring in Austin as the #4 in a 4 WR set where he's up against either a safety or a #4-5 corner (i like that matchup personally)

then the effect it puts on Witten, almost guaranteeing he is covered by LBs or safeties (licking my chops on that one)

i think the Dallas Cowboys TO sees this more of what it can do for him and this offense than what it could do to hurt him.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Im sure TO just wants a Superbowl guys... He may play young. He may look 25.

But hes up there in age. He needs some hardware and im sure he dont care how he gets it.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
headhunterroy05;2339050 said:
Yes, it's called less double/triple coverage on him.

Exactly. This is going to make it MUCH harder on defenses to simply double and triple team Owens. They know if they do that they're simply conceding allowing Roy Williams to eat them up for 100+ a week.

This is MUCH different than having Crayton over there cause Roy can, will, and does beat single coverage. This will force teams to play them both more traditionally allowing Owens to get better looks and more chances every week.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Also lets not forget that this move helps Barber and Choice (And when Felix returns him as well) out a bunch in the run game. They can't essentially keep guys up closer, like they have been, only worrying about keeping TO bottled up. This is going to just make things harder, all around, on defenses.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
anybody who doesnt see Owens getting more balls now because of more single coverage doesnt understand much football...