RELEASED Pace Murphy, TE Charlie Taumoepeau and waived/injured OT Mitch Hyatt and Wyatt Miller

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I'm sure they're telling a lot of players keep your phone line open coz of CV19.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Maybe all of them that aren't injured if they don't get claimed or signed by someone else.
All 35 players we cut go on PS? Seems unlikely.

That's why I asked him, because vague comments like the one above isn't very helpful or insightful. Yes we know some of the guys we cut will be on PS.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
No, the one's being cut early so they will have gone through waivers and be eligibale to be signed to the PS right away if not picked up.

I wonder about the strategy here. To avoid having guys getting picked up, better to dump them now, or wait to final cuts?

I would have thought the latter, but I see guys I'd think we'd want to keep getting cut now. Hyatt and Miller. And I wonder if Smith is PS eligible. Maybe even Redmond.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I wonder about the strategy here. To avoid having guys getting picked up, better to dump them now, or wait to final cuts?

I would have thought the latter, but I see guys I'd think we'd want to keep getting cut now. Hyatt and Miller. And I wonder if Smith is PS eligible. Maybe even Redmond.

Yep, never heard of this strategy.

Because they can be claimed with many more players not also on the waiver, and they can choose which player to release upon winning the waiver.

Seems very counterintuitive if they wanted them on PS.

Plankton

Reaction score
May as well cancel the season. Pace Murphy being gone removes any hedge against Tyron Smith going down.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Yep, never heard of this strategy.

Because they can be claimed with many more players not also on the waiver, and they can choose which player to release upon winning the waiver.

Seems very counterintuitive if they wanted them on PS.

Cutting them before other teams have finished their analysis of who they want to pick up.

It's a thought. Seems odd that we're cutting people early otherwise.