Packers sign Blake Bortles

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Things are getting truly desperate in Green Bay.

The Packers are set to sign veteran quarterback Blake Bortles, ESPN and NFL Network reported Wednesday.

Bortles was in Green Bay on Wednesday to sign the contract, a one-year deal, per ESPN.

With the team’s Aaron Rodgers situation, the addition of Bortles ensures the Packers will have at least two quarterbacks participating in offseason workouts. The other is 2020 first-round draft pick Jordan Love. In-person workouts begin Monday in Green Bay.

https://nypost.com/2021/05/12/packers-sign-qb-blake-bortles-amid-aaron-rodgers-uncertainty/

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
1264144845funny-gazelle-gif.gif

Turk

Reaction score
I remember how many here wanted Bortles when he was in the draft...

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
The Packers management really knows how to insult Rodgers. I guess they are all playing hardball now for real. Love it.

Turk

Reaction score
The Packers management really knows how to insult Rodgers. I guess they are all playing hardball now for real. Love it.
Though lets be honest: there is no way Rodgers would really consider Blake Bortles real competition for him.
Now if he takes it as a further insult from the Packer Front office....

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Though lets be honest: there is no way Rodgers would really consider Blake Bortles real competition for him.
Now if he takes it as a further insult from the Packer Front office....

Rodgers will use it to his advantage to get out of GB. GB will use it to needle Rodgers into leaving. I think both sides are looking to move on. And the fans are stuck in the middle with nowhere to go.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
GB HC said he wants rodgers to stay desperately.
I also read the rodger would lose 43 million if he holds out lol, do you really think he is willing to lose all that money?
some of it is in pay, but like 20 mil or so is money he would have to give back to packers.

They need to find out what he really wants and work with him on it , whether it be a trade or him staying.

Turk

Reaction score
GB HC said he wants rodgers to stay desperately.
I also read the rodger would lose 43 million if he holds out lol, do you really think he is willing to lose all that money?
some of it is in pay, but like 20 mil or so is money he would have to give back to packers.

They need to find out what he really wants and work with him on it , whether it be a trade or him staying.
He will get that money back and more with his next contract so what is your point?
And as much money as he has already made I doubt its all that big of a factor to him.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
He will get that money back and more with his next contract so what is your point?
And as much money as he has already made I doubt its all that big of a factor to him.
lol so your saying he will hold out? doesnt care about the lost money.
I am saying he wont hold out due to the money lost.
We will see who is right.

Turk

Reaction score
lol so your saying he will hold out? doesnt care about the lost money.
I am saying he wont hold out due to the money lost.
We will see who is right.
at this stage of his career it is NOT all about the money as you seem to be fixated on.

Rodgers wants a second ring BADLY. More than likely getting a second ring is more important than anything else including money.
So I SAY that he will do whatever he thinks he has to in order to get that second ring and money in the end will not be that important.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
at this stage of his career it is NOT all about the money as you seem to be fixated on.

Rodgers wants a second ring BADLY. More than likely getting a second ring is more important than anything else including money.
So I SAY that he will do whatever he thinks he has to in order to get that second ring and money in the end will not be that important.
Ok that is cool, it is possible a trade with the team he wants to go to is done.
But if that doesnt happen he will play for GB , he wont hold out.
If he really wants to leave he should hold out, as then they might be willing to do the trade.

I dont know where he wants to go, or what team would actually want him and have a shot at SB with rodgers.
Teams that could use him for most part, are teams that are probably worse than GB.

ghst187

Reaction score
I don’t care if Rodgers goes elsewhere and haunts us but can’t stand to see us lose to GB and have to watch that cursed replay of the ice bowl over and over...

Flamma

Reaction score

Actions go further than words to prove what motivates you. Prove you want a ring more than anything else including money. Brady has clearly done that. Even Big Ben in Pittsburgh. But right now Rodgers sits at a 37 million dollar cap hit for 2021. He may want to restructure, but my guess is that he doesn't want a pay cut. I don't blame him, it's the deal they gave him. But that still means the ring is secondary. If he wants a ring he's going to have to take a pay cut to compete with Brady. Otherwise he's not going to have the horses around him to do it.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Things are getting truly desperate in Green Bay.

The Packers are set to sign veteran quarterback Blake Bortles, ESPN and NFL Network reported Wednesday.

Bortles was in Green Bay on Wednesday to sign the contract, a one-year deal, per ESPN.

With the team’s Aaron Rodgers situation, the addition of Bortles ensures the Packers will have at least two quarterbacks participating in offseason workouts. The other is 2020 first-round draft pick Jordan Love. In-person workouts begin Monday in Green Bay.

https://nypost.com/2021/05/12/packers-sign-qb-blake-bortles-amid-aaron-rodgers-uncertainty/
May the best man win

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Rodgers will use it to his advantage to get out of GB. GB will use it to needle Rodgers into leaving. I think both sides are looking to move on. And the fans are stuck in the middle with nowhere to go.
Needle him into leaving? He wants to leave but can't because he's under contract.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Drama central
Be interesting

True, the real dilemma is they drafted Love in the 1st rd last season, you start wondering would it be worth trading Rodgers for multiple 1st rd picks which I think they can easily get for him and just move on. Or is Love just a wasted pick that they feel can't do the job?