Packers | Team may sign Cundiff

Little Jr

Reaction score
Fri, 24 Mar 2006 05:39:38 -0800

PackersNews.com reports the Green Bay Packers have no kickers on their roster, but it appears they might sign free agent PK Billy Cundiff (Buccaneers) in the near future so they have one for offseason workouts, which have begun. Cundiff signed with Tampa Bay this offseason but was released after the Bucs re-signed PK Matt Bryant in early March. Even if they sign Cundiff, though, the Packers surely will bring in competition and also keep their eyes on the waiver wire all offseason and throughout training camp.

I cant imagine him kicking in Dec. at Lambeau.

SA_CowboyFan

Reaction score
PackersNews.com reports the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/17/nfl">Green Bay Packers have no kickers on their roster, but it appears they might sign free agent PK Billy Cundiff (Buccaneers) in the near future so they have one for offseason workouts, which have begun. Cundiff signed with Tampa Bay this offseason but was released after the Bucs re-signed PK Matt Bryant in early March. Even if they sign Cundiff, though, the Packers surely will bring in competition and also keep their eyes on the waiver wire all offseason and throughout training camp.

I guess when they lost out on Vinatieri and Vanderjagt, Billy boy was the best left. Good luck, and just think.....that could have been us if we'd let Vandy make his trip to NE!

burmafrd

Reaction score
Poetic justice- they were stupid enough to let Longwell go so they deserve Cundif.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Billy, througout his time in Dallas was not a bad kicker. After he came back from injury at the end of the season he totally lost it. I mean he really mentally lost it in that Carolina game.

I have seen some kickers miss a few in a game, but he could barely kick the ball he was so far gone.

I'm not sure he can recover.

BARRYRAY

Reaction score
yeah but no matter how bad he was his woman was hot, hot, hot...

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
the reason the Pack wouldn't pony up the keep Longwell is because they are rebuilding and feel that they don't need a clutch K, makes sense they should sign Cundiff then :lmao:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Little Jr said:
No problem. Mods will merge eventually.

underdog.jpg

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
BARRYRAY said:
yeah but no matter how bad he was his woman was hot, hot, hot...

That's his problem, who would give a da** about kicking when he had a hot wife waiting for him at home? I wouldn't.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
I guess this is what Favre meant when he wanted the FR to get active in free agency, lol.:cool:

yesfan

Reaction score
Viniteri,Vanderjact,or Cundiff, Hmm...

That's like deciding on either a Cadillac or a Porsche,then
choosing a Saturn.

VirusX

Reaction score
Little Jr said:

PackersNews.com reports the Green Bay Packers have no kickers on their roster, but it appears they might sign free agent PK Billy Cundiff (Buccaneers) in the near future so they have one for offseason workouts, which have begun. Cundiff signed with Tampa Bay this offseason but was released after the Bucs re-signed PK Matt Bryant in early March. Even if they sign Cundiff, though, the Packers surely will bring in competition and also keep their eyes on the waiver wire all offseason and throughout training camp.

I cant imagine him kicking in Dec. at Lambeau.

That takes one of the NFC teams outta the playoff picture. :laugh2:

J/K GL Cundiff.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
yesfan said:
Viniteri,Vanderjact,or Cundiff, Hmm...

That's like deciding on either a Cadillac or a Porsche,then
choosing a Saturn.

like I said, the Packers feel like they're rebuilding, so they aren't going to pony up the money for a quality kicker, I mean what's the point if you aren't gonna be in many close games?