Packers trade Devante Adams to Raiders

Jfconrow

Reaction score
Packers have two first and two seconds. They could trade up for the best WR in the draft or get two 1st round WRs and save about 120M.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Adams will be fine with Derek Carr. He’s not a bad quarterback.

But he ain't Rodgers either. There's a difference. Not saying he won't still be a good receiver but he won't have the same stats either.

GoldenR

Reaction score
And the Pack are still better than us! We like our guys baby!!

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Amari has a habit of playing great for a bit then shutting down and he just seemed disinterested the last 1.5 years with the Raiders. Meanwhile, Carr is consistently having good year after good year. He is the 4th best QB in the AFC West but I would argue he would be the 4th/5th best QB in the NFC overall. Whoever threw to Adams after Rodgers was going to be a step down but there are a LOT worse options he could have gone to (about half the league).

I agree with most of that (Carr would be ~8th in the nfc in my approximation, but QBs who haven’t done anything can be ranked any which way), my point was simply that Davante won’t be regarded as the best WR in the league with Carr throwing him the ball… but he is in a better situation than many. Like Brandin Cooks, for instance. Yikes.

GoldenR

Reaction score
You guys still don't get what happens when your QB takes up a large % of your cap. That team hasn't won a Superbowl in over 10 years. And unfortunately Dak is here to stay with that ridiculous cap hit!

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I can't imagine they didn't clue Rodgers in about this before he signed his new deal. I guess they have the draft capital to move up for a good WR, or, a vet like Julio Jones.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I can't imagine they didn't clue Rodgers in about this before he signed his new deal. I guess they have the draft capital to move up for a good WR, or, a vet like Julio Jones.

They also could turn around and trade it for a cheaper WR. Any bets on DK Metcalf’s numbers with the MVP throwing him the football?

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Raiders just gave Adams a 5 year deal with $144 million.

That is nuts for a WR. As good as he is, it just isn't worth it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You guys still don't get what happens when your QB takes up a large % of your cap. That team hasn't won a Superbowl in over 10 years. And unfortunately Dak is here to stay with that ridiculous cap hit!
His cap hit is 19 million…try again lol.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Davante Adams is widely considered one of the best WRs in the NFL as he leads the league in receiving TDs the last 2 years and is within 90 yards of leading in that category as well. These stats were possible because he’s played with the back-to-back MVP throwing him the football.

Derek Carr has a career 7.1 yards per attempt as TE’s have led his team in receiving for 4 of the last 5 seasons. Additionally, he has not thrown for even 30 TDs in 7 years. These stats are possible because he is Derek Carr.

One of these two things will change dramatically in 2022.

sdfidaho

Reaction score
So a 20 million dollar wr on his last contract year gets a good couple picks but we only get a crap 5th for Cooper. GB certainly sold high on Adams....the opposite of the cowboy way.

One team says they’ll release wr if no trade and gets squat

One team keeps mouth shut and shocks everyone with huge deal

Just can’t make this ineptitude up

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The DFT, has something cooking. I can smell it. If not now, it will be during the draft. If not during the draft, it will be during cuts. If not then, it will be after the season is over during free agency. If not then, it will be during the draft. If not during the draft, it will be during cuts, etc. Patience is key.