Packers trade Devante Adams to Raiders

Sydla

Reaction score
Raiders gave him a 5 year $141.25 contract and this years first and second round picks. Maybe a WR in the first round at 24 isn't that expensive after all.

Would be silly but silly is our middle name.

morasp

Reaction score
Would be silly but silly is our middle name.
I appreciate your position, I absolutely think we need to get better in the trenches but I liked the Lamb pick at 17 so I guess I'm silly. It would depend on who was there at 24, I don't think you draft need in round one, if someone you have rated high falls you have to take him.

Sydla

Reaction score
I appreciate your position, I absolutely think we need to get better in the trenches but I liked the Lamb pick at 17 so I guess I'm silly. It would depend on who was there at 24, I don't think you draft need in round one, if someone you have rated high falls you have to take him.

That would be three of our last four #1 picks used on WR. That’s insane from a team that loves to claim they “build” through the draft.

There should be some OL, a LB or two, possibly a DE or DT there. This isn’t a great draft for high end, elite WRs anyway. Taking a WR there would be LOL worthy from this front office.

morasp

Reaction score
That would be three of our last four #1 picks used on WR. That’s insane from a team that loves to claim they “build” through the draft.

There should be some OL, a LB or two, possibly a DE or DT there. This isn’t a great draft for high end, elite WRs anyway. Taking a WR there would be LOL worthy from this front office.
I think insane is what the Packers got for Adams and what we got for Cooper but that's another story. Again it depends on who is there. If Kenyon Green or Tyler Linderbaum or Jordan Davis or Jermaine Johnson are their I wouldn't hesitate on any of them over a WR. When I looked at how the Bengals built their roster all of their offensive skill positions were draft picks in round one or two.

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
I think insane is what the Packers got for Adams and what we got for Cooper but that's another story. Again it depends on who is there. If Kenyon Green or Tyler Linderbaum or Jordan Davis or Jermaine Johnson are their I wouldn't hesitate on any of them over a WR. When I looked at how the Bengals built their roster all of their offensive skill positions were draft picks in round one or two.

Oh we agree on the first part.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Before Rogers? He was in college lol. And before Adams he’s had Cobb, Jennings, Nelson, etc.

I know but it doesn't make what I said less true.
Before Rogers? He was in college lol. And before Adams he’s had Cobb, Jennings, Nelson, etc.

Doesn't make what I said less true.

Rogers was expected to have elite arm talent, even though he fell a bit in the draft.

Davante was expected to be an above average but not elite player. Round 2 pick.

There is no way to know if davante would have had as much success anywhere else except like I said he will have a drop in his normal performance. Book it

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
Guys, AROD knew about this before he signed. He probably tried talking DA into staying but the guy has made up his mind. Knowing he elevates Receivers, he can move on to the next one.

2 things from this:

1 - the GB front office promised AROD they will get a blockbuster trade and save the money from the huge salary if DA turns down their match. They did. They showed Aaron they were willing to match but in case it failed they got a #1 and a #2 and freed up some cash. Now they can be agressive and get some replacements. Amari and rookies from the draft.

2 - Davanta Adams is going the route of deion branch. He is going to quickly find out that he just downgraded himself and will not have the impact or the numbers he had with GB. He will be constantly hated in. Las Vegas because of his huge salary and lack of impact.

blueblood70

Reaction score

how can this be a top 2-3 WR Rogers is his qb and the cheap Packers allowed him to leave and who's rogers targets right now??

we let AC go and fans flipped yet we have Gallup, Lamb, and Schultz here right now. who the backups with starter skills real young prime starters in GNB i mean if the jonses want to get ripped here at least they paid AC at the time and have options when they let him go,.

packers are cheap rogers makes too much money and its all rogers and ownership fault..bad organization..let Zsmith go and others have left this offseason have they singed from the outside new FA i mean Jones are being called cheap,. "what have the packers done so far in FA in new outside help? who have they lost or kept, rogers? thats it?? what bad organization, one and done and now sitting on their hands in FA..just WOW Unbelievable ?!

Im betting NOTHING AT ALL, Yes. Same as us. Odd no ones talking to them like this forum talks Jones?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Guys, AROD knew about this before he signed. He probably tried talking DA into staying but the guy has made up his mind. Knowing he elevates Receivers, he can move on to the next one.

2 things from this:

1 - the GB front office promised AROD they will get a blockbuster trade and save the money from the huge salary if DA turns down their match. They did. They showed Aaron they were willing to match but in case it failed they got a #1 and a #2 and freed up some cash. Now they can be agressive and get some replacements. Amari and rookies from the draft.

2 - Davanta Adams is going the route of deion branch. He is going to quickly find out that he just downgraded himself and will not have the impact or the numbers he had with GB. He will be constantly hated in. Las Vegas because of his huge salary and lack of impact.
excuses excuses excuses...

Jones do not get excuses
how can this be a top 2-3 WR Rogers is his qb and the cheap Packers allowed him to leave and who's rogers targets right now??

we let AC go and fans flipped yet we have Gallup, Lamb, and Schultz here right now. who the backups with starter skills real young prime starters in GNB i mean if the Jonses want to get ripped here at least they paid AC at the time and have options when they let him go,.

packers are cheap rogers makes too much money and its all rogers and ownership fault..bad organization. Let Zsmith go and others have left this offseason have they singed from the outside new FA i mean Jones are being called cheap,. "what have the packers done so far in FA in new outside help? who have they lost or kept, rogers? thats it?? what bad organization, one and done and now sitting on their hands in FA..just WOW Unbelievable ?!

I'm betting NOTHING AT ALL, Yes. Same as us. Odd no ones talking to them like this forum talks Jones?

Sydla

Reaction score
excuses excuses excuses...

Jones do not get excuses

we let AC go and fans flipped yet we have Gallup, Lamb, and Schultz here right now. who the backups with starter skills real young prime starters in GNB i mean if the Jonses want to get ripped here at least they paid AC at the time and have options when they let him go,.

packers are cheap rogers makes too much money and its all rogers and ownership fault..bad organization. Let Zsmith go and others have left this offseason have they singed from the outside new FA i mean Jones are being called cheap,. "what have the packers done so far in FA in new outside help? who have they lost or kept, rogers? thats it?? what bad organization, one and done and now sitting on their hands in FA..just WOW Unbelievable ?!

I'm betting NOTHING AT ALL, Yes. Same as us. Odd no ones talking to them like this forum talks Jones?

LOL, I wonder if you will ever get tired of being a sycophant for the Jones and front office?

For starters, Packers fans are absolutely critical of the franchise when there are mistakes or something doesn't go right or the season is a disappointment.

But along those lines:

Cowboys

25 years
10 playoff appearances
3 playoff wins
No NFCCG appearances
No SB appearances

Packers

25 years
18 playoff appearances
16 playoff wins
7 NFCCG appearances
2 SB appearances
1 SB win

If one isn't just a blind homer, one can also see one franchise has way more reasons to be critical of their GM than the other franchise.

rags

Reaction score
So, AR knew about what GB was going to with Adams before it was announced. So, it was all about the money.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Outside of QB, I don't think any position on a team is worth $28M a year.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Outside of QB, I don't think any position on a team is worth $28M a year.
well Dhop makes 27.5

so that where they got hat number market stuff..its happens, top 3 players at all positions other than qb, that's top 10, will get new market. Bosa makes what 27? others been pushing close to that.

blueblood70

Reaction score
So, AR knew about what GB was going to with Adams before it was announced. So, it was all about the money.
mostly yup..leagcy deal..however, im betting like Tom12 , he believes in his talents and that whomever the packers bring in , rogers truly believes he will elevate them..not sure how thye can make uo for DA production but we shall see,

fact is, as much as the DC are being roasted in here we have right now more talent at WR.TE then the packers do. When we let AC walk we saved 16mil, got few picks and knew we had Lamb, gallup, and Schultz.

ESisback

Reaction score
Hope these 40+ mil quarterbacks are starting to realize their teams aren't going to be able to afford the players making them look good.
I wonder how they’d work a #4 dig into a thread about chocolate cake.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
It was not about the money. Per Adams agents, the Packers offered more money. The Packers could have made Davante play for them for more money or he could quit. He would not have been happy. He wanted to play for Vegas. Packers have the highest paid Qb, the highest Paid OT, offered Davante the highest WR package ever and are going to pay Jaire the highest salary ever for a CB. For anyone to say they are cheap just has no clue about what they are talking about. Cutting Z Smith was needed first of all because he had a 28 million cap number plus he didnt play last year because of a back issue. Releasing him was the right move. Packers are 7 and 0 last three years without Adams. They will be fine.