Packers trade Devante Adams to Raiders

kskboys

Reaction score
I think insane is what the Packers got for Adams and what we got for Cooper but that's another story. Again it depends on who is there. If Kenyon Green or Tyler Linderbaum or Jordan Davis or Jermaine Johnson are their I wouldn't hesitate on any of them over a WR. When I looked at how the Bengals built their roster all of their offensive skill positions were draft picks in round one or two.
Why? Adams had 123 receptions, 1,553 yds, 11 TD's. Over the last 6 seasons, Adams is #1 in catches, yards, and TD's. He is a top 5 WR, prolly top 3.

Now, look at Cooper's stats. Coop is prolly around the 15th-20th best WR in the NFL. He doesn't appear to be into football, seems to lack passion or something.

What makes you think Cooper would be worth anywhere near what Adams is worth?

kskboys

Reaction score
That would be three of our last four #1 picks used on WR. That’s insane from a team that loves to claim they “build” through the draft.

There should be some OL, a LB or two, possibly a DE or DT there. This isn’t a great draft for high end, elite WRs anyway. Taking a WR there would be LOL worthy from this front office.
That would be the equivalent of trading up for MO in a very deep draft for DT's. We tend to be stupid that way.

kskboys

Reaction score
I appreciate your position, I absolutely think we need to get better in the trenches but I liked the Lamb pick at 17 so I guess I'm silly. It would depend on who was there at 24, I don't think you draft need in round one, if someone you have rated high falls you have to take him.
Actually, doing that is what has kept us from improving to super bowl contention. There's always someone that is just too good to pass up. Kelvin Joseph was the latest, and now we're already talking about needing another CB.

morasp

Reaction score
Actually, doing that is what has kept us from improving to super bowl contention. There's always someone that is just too good to pass up. Kelvin Joseph was the latest, and now we're already talking about needing another CB.
Doing what, drafting the best player on the board? Joseph was a huge reach, I had a lot of guys higher than Joseph including Bolton who had a heck of a year for the Chiefs. He wasn't even my highest rated CB at 44. In fact I thought all of Quinn's picks were reaches last draft except the LBs Micah Parsons and Jabril Cox

Last edited:

morasp

Reaction score
Why? Adams had 123 receptions, 1,553 yds, 11 TD's. Over the last 6 seasons, Adams is #1 in catches, yards, and TD's. He is a top 5 WR, prolly top 3.

Now, look at Cooper's stats. Coop is prolly around the 15th-20th best WR in the NFL. He doesn't appear to be into football, seems to lack passion or something.

What makes you think Cooper would be worth anywhere near what Adams is worth?
There's a huge gap between this years first and second and a fifth round pick. Adams was the top rated free agent at any position but Cooper is no slouch. The Browns must have thought so too since the after getting Cooper they cut Landry loose.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I know but it doesn't make what I said less true.

Doesn't make what I said less true.

Rogers was expected to have elite arm talent, even though he fell a bit in the draft.

Davante was expected to be an above average but not elite player. Round 2 pick.

There is no way to know if davante would have had as much success anywhere else except like I said he will have a drop in his normal performance. Book it
Draft status has nothing to do with what your NFL ceiling is.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Draft status has nothing to do with what your NFL ceiling is.

I disagree. Not that scouts are always right but the draft status is how you are graded/viewed prior to actually playing in the nfl.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I disagree. Not that scouts are always right but the draft status is how you are graded/viewed prior to actually playing in the nfl.
It’s what they perceive it to be. Scouts are wrong all the time. I mean Alex Smith got taken before Aaron Rodgers lol. Rodgers was a late 1st rounder. Jared Goff was a 1st rounder and Dak was a 4th….these scouts have no idea how to measure a guys ceiling or heart….if they redrafted Adams would be a top pick.

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
Guys, AROD knew about this before he signed. He probably tried talking DA into staying but the guy has made up his mind. Knowing he elevates Receivers, he can move on to the next one.

2 things from this:

1 - the GB front office promised AROD they will get a blockbuster trade and save the money from the huge salary if DA turns down their match. They did. They showed Aaron they were willing to match but in case it failed they got a #1 and a #2 and freed up some cash. Now they can be agressive and get some replacements. Amari and rookies from the draft.

2 - Davanta Adams is going the route of deion branch. He is going to quickly find out that he just downgraded himself and will not have the impact or the numbers he had with GB. He will be constantly hated in. Las Vegas because of his huge salary and lack of impact.
packets will win nothing

J_Allen

Reaction score
I’d trade for the rights to henry ruggs while his value is low

You know Jerry is ready to give up two firsts and a third for him. As soon as he heard about that fatal car wreck and arrest he was on the phone. He absolutely loves degenerates. That's a fact.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It’s what they perceive it to be. Scouts are wrong all the time. I mean Alex Smith got taken before Aaron Rodgers lol. Rodgers was a late 1st rounder. Jared Goff was a 1st rounder and Dak was a 4th….these scouts have no idea how to measure a guys ceiling or heart….if they redrafted Adams would be a top pick.

I know but they still are rated and have a perceived ceiling. Doesn't matter if its right or wrong because its only a projection. Hence how the draft works. You said he didn't have a ceiling but they all do, some exceed those expectations, some don't but they all have a "ceiling" that is given to them by whomever is doing the evaluation. You can't say davante would have been just as good without rogers as there is no way to prove he would put up the same numbers without him at this point. I do project him to not have them though, you can disagree all you want but that is your projection. Won't know till they play the games.

DCwarrior

Reaction score
Packers get 2 prime picks for trading away WR Davante Adams, while the Cowboys get a 5th round pick for trading away WR Amari Cooper. :confused:

:facepalm::huh::facepalm::huh::facepalm:
Coop is no where near the player Adams is. Sorry, not even close. Adams can take over games, Coop cannot. Maybe Coop could if he had A Rod throwing him the ball but he didn’t.

DCwarrior

Reaction score
Guys, AROD knew about this before he signed. He probably tried talking DA into staying but the guy has made up his mind. Knowing he elevates Receivers, he can move on to the next one.

2 things from this:

1 - the GB front office promised AROD they will get a blockbuster trade and save the money from the huge salary if DA turns down their match. They did. They showed Aaron they were willing to match but in case it failed they got a #1 and a #2 and freed up some cash. Now they can be agressive and get some replacements. Amari and rookies from the draft.

2 - Davanta Adams is going the route of deion branch. He is going to quickly find out that he just downgraded himself and will not have the impact or the numbers he had with GB. He will be constantly hated in. Las Vegas because of his huge salary and lack of impact.
Eh, it’s all about the money anyway.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I know there is a lot of joy seeing the Packers get worse and Arod cry but overall let’s not forget that ARod is still good and the Packers actually have a front office that still seems to assemble parts. There will be a drop off from him at WR but they have a real front office so I’m not celebrating yet.

rags

Reaction score
I know there is a lot of joy seeing the Packers get worse and Arod cry but overall let’s not forget that ARod is still good and the Packers actually have a front office that still seems to assemble parts. There will be a drop off from him at WR but they have a real front office so I’m not celebrating yet.

They'll win the NFC North but that's it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I know but they still are rated and have a perceived ceiling. Doesn't matter if its right or wrong because its only a projection. Hence how the draft works. You said he didn't have a ceiling but they all do, some exceed those expectations, some don't but they all have a "ceiling" that is given to them by whomever is doing the evaluation. You can't say davante would have been just as good without rogers as there is no way to prove he would put up the same numbers without him at this point. I do project him to not have them though, you can disagree all you want but that is your projection. Won't know till they play the games.
My projection is based on what he’s done on the field not what he did in college. What he did in college is irrelevant in the NFL.