Packers

Doomsday101

Reaction score
theogt;1764085 said:
Per channel, yes. I'm paying the same price and get many more channels. Plus, sense it's new, they're giving all sorts of great deals. I have every movie channel available (literally every movie channel) for free for a year.

Cool. Thanks I may take your advice.

Dingo05

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1764023 said:
I don't know. I was surprised when you mentioned Comcast. Here in Houston Comcast took over Time Warner and when they did they offered the sports package that included the NFL Network so of course I paid the extra 6 bucks and picked it up.

I took this as you saying you paid for the package after the NFL channel was included. That would be paying $6 for one channel, no?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dingo05;1764091 said:
I took this as you saying you paid for the package after the NFL channel was included. That would be paying $6 for one channel, no?

I jumped on the sports package mainly for the NFL Network but I do watch some of the other channels included in the package that I did not have before. Had this sports package been offered without the NFL Network I would not have bought it. In the end is paying 6 bucks worth it to me? YES

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Dingo05;1764040 said:
$6 for one channel (I know there are other channels in the pakage, but most just want NFL) is crazy. That price has already gone up since its launch this summer. as long as people pay, they will continue to charge extra.
Why is it crazy?

Dingo05

Reaction score
theogt;1764107 said:
Why is it crazy?

Is it not? I think a channel as popular as NFL network should be included in a mid range base package of channels, as it is with Directv. Not a package with 5 other channels that not many people want.

Just my opinion.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dingo05;1764040 said:
$6 for one channel (I know there are other channels in the pakage, but most just want NFL) is crazy. That price has already gone up since its launch this summer. as long as people pay, they will continue to charge extra.

Can you believe that some people could pay thousands of dollars for a square of cut of cardboard paper with a football player’s picture on the front and stats on the back? As for the 6 dollars a month for the NFL Network it is a choice I don't have to pay for it I want it and choose to get it. On Thursday Nov 29th I'm going to watch the Cowboys and Packers on it then Dec 22nd I'm going to watch Dallas and Carolina play on that channel.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Dingo05;1764152 said:
Is it not? I think a channel as popular as NFL network should be included in a mid range base package of channels, as it is with Directv. Not a package with 5 other channels that not many people want.

Just my opinion.
I don't see a problem paying $6 for a channel you want to see. If you want to see it and you're not dirt poor (i.e., completely unemployed and have no chance of ever becoming gainfully employed), it's not much money.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
You pay more then $6 for one 2 hour movie these days. Six bucks is pretty cheap not to have ESPN as your only source for football coverage. Throw in the Sunday Night games, replay and the preseason games and it alone is more then worth the $72 a year I pay for the entire sports package. I wish you could pay for just the channels you want but it doesnt work that way.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
juliankiel;1763967 said:
We are 8-1 as well as the Packers. If we see them on the playoffs, we will match up well with them. I know it's still early in the season, but assuming no major injuries on key players on both team, we will be in the playoffs and might see Favre and the cheeseheads.

Your power of observation should be used for the greater good. Remember with great power comes great responsibility. :)

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Dingo05;1764040 said:

Dingo05, if you cannot find a spare 6 dollars a month to watch a football channel, you need an education, bad! :laugh2:

Hell, I can walk the streets and parking lots of various malls and find 6 freaking dollars in change that people have dropped!

6 dollars! And you don't have it?

:laugh1: :laugh2: :laugh1:

Dingo05

Reaction score
5Stars;1764456 said:
Dingo05, if you cannot find a spare 6 dollars a month to watch a football channel, you need an education, bad! :laugh2:

Hell, I can walk the streets and parking lots of various malls and find 6 freaking dollars in change that people have dropped!

6 dollars! And you don't have it?

:laugh1: :laugh2: :laugh1:

Having $6 and thinking someone should "gladly" give it to TW or Comcast are two different things. I don't care if you pay for it. I was arguing with the idea that cable treats it like the movie channels. I agree with paying for something that is special. That is why I have Sunday Ticket. I just think it's pretty funny people are acting as if cable is doing them a favor by taking their $6, when Directv and Dish have it as part of their base packages.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Dingo05;1764535 said:
Having $6 and thinking someone should "gladly" give it to TW or Comcast are two different things. I don't care if you pay for it. I was arguing with the idea that cable treats it like the movie channels. I agree with paying for something that is special. That is why I have Sunday Ticket. I just think it's pretty funny people are acting as if cable is doing them a favor by taking their $6, when Directv and Dish have it as part of their base packages.

My mistake...

If you have DirecTV it is no problem for anyone....

:starspin