PaCMAN Jones already a headache...OT

mbanx

Reaction score
Titans' top draft pick surrenders to police
Story Tools: Print Email
Associated Press
Posted: 4 minutes ago

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Tennessee Titans top draft pick Adam "Pacman" Jones surrendered to police Wednesday on charges of assault and felony vandalism stemming from a fight at a nightclub.

Jones was released from custody after posting bond. He did not comment to reporters as he left the jail.
"If this gentleman was not a Titan, you would not be here," Jones' lawyer, Roger May, told reporters.

A Titans spokesman said the team was aware of the situation and was monitoring it but had no immediate comment.

In a court appearance, nightclub owner Robert Gaddy said Jones grabbed his shirt, hit him and broke his necklace after Gaddy asked three of Jones' friends to leave the club. Gaddy told police he asked Jones' friends to leave because "they were smoking drugs."

In April, Georgia authorities investigated a report that Jones was involved in a fight in a nightclub near Atlanta in April, but no charges were filed against him in that case.

The 5-foot-10 Jones, who played for West Virginia, was the first defensive player taken in the NFL Draft in April.

He hurt himself in the Titans' rookie orientation on April 29 and couldn't practice with the team until June 14.

But Tennessee took him for his 4.45-second speed in the 40-yard dash and 37 1/2-inch vertical jump as they try to replace veterans Samari Rolle and Andre Dyson.

mbanx

Reaction score
Another rookie who thinks he is untouchable before he has even played a down or signed a contract. What a dumbaxx.

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
mbanx said:
"If this gentleman was not a Titan, you would not be here," Jones' lawyer, Roger May, told reporters.

But he is...and therefore they were.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Waffle said:
But he is...and therefore they were.

And when he gets off or just gets a light slap on the wrist, we can all respond to the lawyer "If this gentleman wasn't a Titan, he would be in jail."

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
No doubt.

I would have rolled out..... :lmao: had someone replied, "Nor would you."

That would have been classic!!

Joseephuss said:
And when he gets off or just gets a light slap on the wrist, we can all respond to the lawyer "If this gentleman wasn't a Titan, he would be in jail."

:laugh2:

Reaction score
When will these "man/boy idiots" ever learn......do these guys think they are "God's Little Angels". I am getting immensely tired of reading about athletes who are always getting in trouble but it is never their fault. Some of these guys should talk to our FS Davis....

Dat mans bro

Reaction score
I knew this guy was trouble after the predraft drug test incident. He really should have been a raider or a Commander. It just goes to show that talent can only get you so far and that personality/character should be higher on the totem pole when drafting.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Did anyone see PacMan at the NFL draft?

WHAAAAAAAT? OK!

The similarity to Lil' Jon was simply stunning. So, he has that as a fall back option if the NFL doesn't pan out.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
First thing I thought of when I heard the story was Titans QB Steve McNair and his drunk driving/gun charge last year. Funny though, you never hear anything about it from the media.

BTW, good thing either isn't a Cowboy or you would have to hear plenty.