Panthers owners throwing drink on fans!

BoysForLife

Reaction score
What's the back story here? I mean no justification for it either way but was there a previous exchange of words or something?

It seems odd that *anyone* would toss a beer on someone just out of nowhere

I'd be curious to see/hear about the chain of events that led up to this clip.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Without full context and rushing to judgement which I know I shouldn’t do, the owner looks like a complete jackass. Part of the deal of being an owner/ public figure is dealing with bs. Now there are exceptions to that rule in regards to what was said and if it was about family or wife’s or kids etc but the owner should know better.

Unfortunately he’s rich and powerful and while it’s ridiculous his behavior will likely go unpunished and without much of any repercussions and if there is, it’s hard to really punish billionaires too much- they have life by the short and curly’s

QuikZ06

Reaction score
I’m sure there was some fans talking smack, but no excuse for that. Imagine if it was the other way around. Not only that, I’m sure it hit more than just who it was intended for.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Without full context and rushing to judgement which I know I shouldn’t do, the owner looks like a complete jackass. Part of the deal of being an owner/ public figure is dealing with bs. Now there are exceptions to that rule in regards to what was said and if it was about family or wife’s or kids etc but the owner should know better.

Unfortunately he’s rich and powerful and while it’s ridiculous his behavior will likely go unpunished and without much of any repercussions and if there is, it’s hard to really punish billionaires too much- they have life by the short and curly’s
After you throw the beer, throw the money. That's all anyone cares about, even with some beer on 'em.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Some kind of disciplinary action needs to happen. Owners need to maintain professionalism. Can’t have them throwing beer on customers.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
that man may actually be worse than Dan Snyder and i predict in 5 years he'll be forced to sell

nothing about him is good
One of the all-time dumbest moves was to give up the farm to draft Bryce Young who they’ll be looking to replace within 3 years. You don’t give up what they did for a QB unless you have a Peyton Manning sitting there. They passed on a QB who’s having possibly the best rookie season of any QB. CJ Stroud is going to be a star.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I am surprised there were actually fans at the stadium for a Panthers game. What’s the point of going to watch the team lose with the added insult to injury that the Panthers traded the top pick in the draft to the Bears?

BobSacamano

Reaction score
If you all were filthy rich and some nameless peon exhibited such impudent behavior, you would react in the same fashion…

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
One of the all-time dumbest moves was to give up the farm to draft Bryce Young who they’ll be looking to replace within 3 years. You don’t give up what they did for a QB unless you have a Peyton Manning sitting there. They passed on a QB who’s having possibly the best rookie season of any QB. CJ Stroud is going to be a star.
I love the irony that all they had to do was stay put and wait a year. They'd have gotten the 1st overall without having to trade anything in a much, much better QB class.

No one thought Bryce Young was worth that except Bama fans and the Panthers FO.

ghst187

Reaction score
Some kind of disciplinary action needs to happen. Owners need to maintain professionalism. Can’t have them throwing beer on customers.
If you remember, Kraft was allowed to get away with about anything he wanted..so the precedence is set and Goodell knows who signs his checks. He may be an idiot but he knows that much.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
revisionist history already. impressive.
What's revisionist? Young was undersized and plenty were saying Stroud had the higher ceiling in that draft.

Young was worth a 1st round pick but not trading multiple firsts.

No way Young was worth that investment with the number of prospects for '24. None.