Panthers release Bene' Benwikere

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
He was released today after he was toasted for 300 yards by Julio Jones. Other than that, he has been a really solid CB. Should we be interested?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Yes...he was an impulse cut and we can never have enough CB, specially with OScan acting like MAustin....too bad we still aren't 4th on the waiver wire....j/k

Chuck 54

Reaction score
He admits he wasn't in complete shape in return from his injury and was sucking air. He's young, inexpensive, and lots of starting experience; I'd sign him as an eventual replacement and to replace Scandrick, Carr, or Mo in case that time comes sooner than expected....but he may want to sign somewhere that will immediately put him in the starting lineup.

NickZepp

Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong with our current DBs. Pass rush is the issue with our pass defense. You could have 4 Deion Sanders' out there get beat by no pass rush.

Plankton

Reaction score
He'd be a good person to have in the wings when Carr's contract is up. They have very similar skill sets - big, physical corners. Benwikere has also shown good skill in zone defenses, which would be very helpful in Dallas.

hendog

Reaction score
I guess the Panthers should've signed Josh Norman when he was a free agent. Oh wait...

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong with our current DBs. Pass rush is the issue with our pass defense. You could have 4 Deion Sanders' out there get beat by no pass rush.
As much complaining I hear about Wilcox, I'd think people would be ready for a change.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I guess the Panthers should've signed Josh Norman when he was a free agent. Oh wait...
Just what I said.........looking pretty dumb chopping off your best defender from a SB team....they didn't even trade him

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
He'd be a good person to have in the wings when Carr's contract is up. They have very similar skill sets - big, physical corners. Benwikere has also shown good skill in zone defenses, which would be very helpful in Dallas.
We never sign these type of guys....I don't know if it is arrogance or ignorance but these are the type of gamble Jerry needs to take and not 2nd round picks......this one is free

CWR

Reaction score
Sounds like they had a solid plan in place when they showed Norman the door.

Plankton

Reaction score
We never sign these type of guys....I don't know if it is arrogance or ignorance but these are the type of gamble Jerry needs to take and not 2nd round picks......this one is free

Free, young and low cost. No risk at all.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Nah... The guy is recovering from an injury and he is not better than our top 3 anyway. Wouldn't want him stopping Brown's progress either. If one of our guys gets hurt-- then maybe he becomes an option.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kind of bizarre, the Panthers just cut starting CB Benwikere. They leave the rookie on an island with the best WR in football, he torched, as most corners in the league would. Now they cut him.

Any one know much about him? Is he worth a look?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...zz-bene-benwikere-carolina-panthers/91729798/
Bene Benwikere
2014 5th round pick (Panthers)
2016 4 starts
2015 4 starts
2014 6 starts

Career 20 passes defensed and 2 ints

Combine
Height: 5106
Weight: 195
40 Yrd Dash: 4.63 (4.69 pro day)
20 Yrd Dash: 2.72
10 Yrd Dash: 1.65
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 10
Vertical Jump: 40 1/2
Broad Jump: 10'02"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.38
3-Cone Drill: 6.94

Carson

Reaction score
Could be with Carr and Mo free agents next year. Even though I don't see Mo going anywhere