Panthers Signed Keyshawn Johnson

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I'm glad he got paid.

I have nothing bad to say about Keyshawn. He's a good player who just wants to win.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Damn...I wanted Key Back!

But at least he didn't sign with the Giants!

Manster54

Reaction score
Dawgs0916 said:
Wow guys. Am I the only one who thinks four years is a little much for someone pondering retirement for a little while there? I love Keyshawn and hes a true player. But i dont know if he can last 4 more years?

No way he makes it 4 years. I bet his contract is structured more like a 2 year deal...

baj1dallas

Reaction score
Dawgs0916 said:
Wow guys. Am I the only one who thinks four years is a little much for someone pondering retirement for a little while there? I love Keyshawn and hes a true player. But i dont know if he can last 4 more years?

I doubt even Carolina expects that. They'll probably get 2-3 years out of him and by then they should have somebody to replace him.

He's a great fit there and it's a good signing for him.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy said:
Damn...I wanted Key Back!

But at least he didn't sign with the Giants!
Yeah that would have really sucked.

BTW HAHA it looks like LSU will eliminate Duke HAHAH :laugh1:

Ken

Reaction score
Good luck to Key!

I'm not worried though. We match up well. Newman already shut down Smith and Henry matches up very well with Key. Their offense is what our Cbs are designed for.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Above all he went out of division. Getting past Carolina will be tough next January.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
good for him. I stated repeatedly that I respect the hell out of him and though he was the heart and soul of the O. but with TO here - for better or worse -- there is no reason for Key to be around. Glad he got with a good team that isn't in our division

SkinsFan26

Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan said:
This makes Carolina the best team in the NFC....imo.

Keyshawn is not good enough to improve their team, much less push them over the edge.

Manster54

Reaction score
SkinsFan26 said:
Keyshawn is not good enough to improve their team, much less push them over the edge.

Every team needs a large target possession receiver. Makes 3rd downs into 1st downs. The guy can block. He brings a swagger. He improves their team. They were already one of the best in the NFC w/that OL & DL of theirs.
;)

DipChit

Reaction score
Dawgs0916 said:

Eh, they just do it that way for the upfront cap hit usually. Can prorate the 5 mil signing bonus over 4 years instead of say 2. The 5 mil has to be accounted for no matter how long he plays there but it's the diff tween counting 2.5 or 1.25 for the upcoming season.

And thats a good fit for him down there. Not as many studs on O to have to share the limelight with compared to NYG.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
05_athletes_03.jpg

I don't think Keyshawn is worried at all..I wish him good luck and I know he will find himself at home with all the double coverage Smith will be getting. Carolina will receive him well....

StevenOtero

Reaction score
I want to face Carolina in the playoffs now. Have key coming over the middle and Roy bustin him up.

Hiero

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Good, at least he didnt end up in the NFC East

Do we play Carolina this year?
ya im really glad he didnt go to the nfc east. We still may end up having to play him in the playoffs though which would suck. Henry on Keyshawn would be a good matchup.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
I never really liked Keyshawn Johnson until he came to the Cowboys and proved what a warrior he was. I'm not thrilled that he is going to the Panthers. That team is arguably as good if not slightly better than us. I hate to give them another weapon but you guys are right, at least he didn't sign with the Giants.