Twitter: Parcell speaks. short but sweet

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think if Jerry came out and announced he and Stephen were stepping back from all management and hiring a real GM and they actually did it? Not one fan would be unhappy. It'll never happen, but that's one way to make every fan happy.

I don't disagree. I would not mind it at all. I am not saying I am happy with the way it is. Because I am not.
But I am not going to sit around all day, every day of my life whining about it either.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Im sorry but his year Nolans the new Garett fid areason other then players for poor play. ironically Nolan has tried to dumb down this defense since game 3 , GUESS WHAT THEY STILL CANT PLAY..

AT SOME POINT ITS REALITY

LOOK WITH YOUR EYES, ITS THE PLAYERS ITS BEEN THE PLAYERS

WHEN YOU WATCH EACH PLAY EACH SERIES,

you see the players that make the wrong first step get caught in the wash get caught looking in the backfield try to leap and arm tackle etc etc the list is so long i dont have time for it but most of the big plays we see on defense were not the scheme they were the players its on film, JS getting pushed out of the hole on that big Drake run because he moved left and then couldn't go back, his responsibility is that hole and got washed out of the pay,,had zero

big play to hop, players ignoring their responsibility looking into the backfield and then its too late with NFL stars like that all they need is a step..

Nolan calls the defense and the players are supposed to know where they are supposed to be and they are making many mental mistakes..

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Of course Jerry is the problem as he has been since Jimmy left. And it's because Jerry wants to be loved by his players, and he's done a bang up job at that. Ever hear how Michael Irving defends Jerry? Even Haley doesn't criticize Jerry, and he's a loose cannon at times.

So players never get yelled at, benched, let go or cut when their play falls off, part of that has to do with the fat contracts he passes out like cards at a blackjack table as well.

But as we all know, Jerry's never going to change, sick of saying it but I guess it's theraputic for me...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Im sorry but his year Nolans the new Garett fid areason other then players for poor play. ironically Nolan has tried to dumb down this defense since game 3 , GUESS WHAT THEY STILL CANT PLAY..

AT SOME POINT ITS REALITY

LOOK WITH YOUR EYES, ITS THE PLAYERS ITS BEEN THE PLAYERS

WHEN YOU WATCH EACH PLAY EACH SERIES,

you see the players that make the wrong first step get caught in the wash get caught looking in the backfield try to leap and arm tackle etc etc the list is so long i dont have time for it but most of the big plays we see on defense were not the scheme they were the players its on film, JS getting pushed out of the hole on that big Drake run because he moved left and then couldn't go back, his responsibility is that hole and got washed out of the pay,,had zero

big play to hop, players ignoring their responsibility looking into the backfield and then its too late with NFL stars like that all they need is a step..

Nolan calls the defense and the players are supposed to know where they are supposed to be and they are making many mental mistakes..

Yes, I thought it was funny the supposed player comment "the coaches can't teach".

Excuse me, you (in the vast majority of cases) played 4 years in high school, 4 years in college and very likely, depending on the player, at least a couple of years in the NFL. How much do you need to learn? Are you telling me in 8-10 years of playing football NOBODY taught you how to tackle, take proper angles to get in position to make a tackle, how to read offensive formations and other basic football skills? Really? You out-performed (or out impressed the scouts/coaches) hundreds of college players to get to the NFL, you HAVE to have learned how to play.

Sure high school and college aren't the NFL, but the basics are a huge part of playing football. And is it the coaches can't teach, or you can't learn?

If you can't perform up to NFL standards, be man enough to say you can't...

nobody

Reaction score
I don't disagree. I would not mind it at all. I am not saying I am happy with the way it is. Because I am not.
But I am not going to sit around all day, every day of my life whining about it either.

I'm not either, but you said there was no way to make all fans happy. I was merely citing one thing I thought it was possible. lol

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yes, I thought it was funny the supposed player comment "the coaches can't teach".

Excuse me, you (in the vast majority of cases) played 4 years in high school, 4 years in college and very likely, depending on the player, at least a couple of years in the NFL. How much do you need to learn? Are you telling me in 8-10 years of playing football NOBODY taught you how to tackle, take proper angles to get in position to make a tackle, how to read offensive formations and other basic football skills? Really? You out-performed (or out impressed the scouts/coaches) hundreds of college players to get to the NFL, you HAVE to have learned how to play.

Sure high school and college aren't the NFL, but the basics are a huge part of playing football. And is it the coaches can't teach, or you can't learn?

If you can't perform up to NFL standards, be man enough to say you can't...
:hammer:

rags747

Reaction score
Parcells was feeling his age and he had just lost his brother. If Parcells was 5 years younger that team would have won a SB with Romo no doubts about it.