Parcells and Knight; Doomed by their own ego's...

Badattitude

Benched
Reaction score
There was a time when "their" way worked....when they could win with "their" guys...but no longer. These two are old pals from West Point and they've both have long lost their luster, effectiveness and vigor.
Bobby Knight's intimidation days are long over...a big blank is what he was...Bobby Knight and BP both made a living out of bullying the media and talking down to them,,,,treating them like garbage...but those days are over as well. Truth be told Bob Knight is gutless...he wouldn't have the junk to say what he says to pimply faced kids to a guy in the street....same goes for Bill. Don't be fooled by 1 successful run for Knight this season, like we were Tuna's first season here...Knight has been in the toilet since 1988.
People don't fear them anymore,,,,Tuna sat there like a schmuck and let ABryant whip a shirt off his fat face...and then like the soft muffin he's become...let him back on the team!! Michael Irvin said on ESPN , that players lost respect for Tuna after that and he'll never get that back.

This brings us to the "My Guy Crap" ...Knight basically stopped recruiting at Indiana...he stopped scouting..he stopped looking for the top player and settled for kids he knew would take his shoe up their __.
BP has basically done the same...losing focus on talent and settling for familiar older players who will suck up to him. It's this attitude that will be the death of us...a roster of Ex-Jets and Pats etc...He made a stiff,Richie Anderson, a career fumbler into the focal point of our offense 2 years ago! He was an unknown in NY just about!

So it's another season of an Old Bill favorite...Drew Bledsoe, another season starring "His Guys" ...You watch this draft...and I'll bet you anything that he'll pass on the best player available(the way a building team should always draft) and take a player he likes...He tried that crap with George Young....and old wise George had him removed from the draft room...true story.

I hope JJ sees it fit to remove him after we go 5-11 this season ...with "Bill Guys"

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
so here you are winth another crappy post full of bad attidue, its sad how we ahve a winning season a 6-10 season and yet we're gonna fall to 5-11 just because we signed amybe 2 parcell guys arent u pathetic

Eddie

Reaction score
Wow. Someone needs a hug.

Did Bill Parcells sleep with your wife or something? What's with all the Bill hate???

Q_the_man

Reaction score
Eddie said:
Wow. Someone needs a hug.

Did Bill Parcells sleep with your wife or something? What's with all the Bill hate???
Bill didn't but I know who did :D

Badattitude

Benched
Reaction score
Why not have a mature response to a post that's dead on target...BP has lost control...it's as obvious as the sun....How many penalties did we take last season?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
So, your saying that Knight can't get it done? They finished 4th in the Big 12 behind, Kansas, OU and OSU, all much more talented teams. They lost to OSU in the Big 12 Tournament 68-72, championship game. They beat a very good Ganzaga team and lost to a pretty good WV team in a close game. A game I saw, BTW. Very close game that could go either way with a minute left. The difference was really a no call at the end of the game and three point shooting. Both teams played well and both played hard. I doubt you could find anybody in College basketball that would say Knight can't coach players or he isn't prepared. His team came ready to play and but for a bounce here or there would be in the great 8 with a team that doesn't have a lot of talent. I think you need to go back and review some things.

As for BP, well, I won't even get into that. Get the Knight thing right and then we can talk about Parcells.

Badattitude

Benched
Reaction score
Get the Knight thing right? He's had one decent run in 15 years...I said don't fall for it like we did Bill 2 years ago....

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Badattitude said:
Get the Knight thing right? He's had one decent run in 15 years...I said don't fall for it like we did Bill 2 years ago....

Really, and exactly what is it you expect him to accomplish at Texas Tech? Take a good hard look at that program and what it can realistically recruit, legally. What your saying now is BS. You may not like his methods but you can't argue with his success. Same goes for Parcells. Opinion is OK but there is nothing factual in what you are proposing here. The evidence does not support your statements..

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SuperTroll.jpg

Badattitude

Benched
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Really, and exactly what is it you expect him to accomplish at Texas Tech? Take a good hard look at that program and what it can realistically recruit, legally. What your saying now is BS. You may not like his methods but you can't argue with his success. Same goes for Parcells. Opinion is OK but there is nothing factual in what you are proposing here. The evidence does not support your statements..
Past success you mean....and the reason they both are lacking success these days is b/c their act has worn and b/c they're ego's have engulfed them.

Hoov

Reaction score
Bad Attitude...do you really beleive the things you say in the threads you start, or do you just like to put stuff out there that will get people all worked up for kicks...i not sure, but i'm leaning toward the latter.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
so here you are winth another crappy post full of bad attidue,

The first rule of writing is to write what you know about...

Badattitude

Benched
Reaction score
Hoov said:
Bad Attitude...do you really beleive the things you say in the threads you start, or do you just like to put stuff out there that will get people all worked up for kicks...i not sure, but i'm leaning toward the latter.
Don't insult me.I have better things to do than throw chum to you people.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Badattitude said:
Don't insult me.I have better things to do than throw chum to you people.

You are lucky that what incredibly witty and disrespectful post came to my mind would get me banned if I posted it....