Parcells Called It

Everson24

Reaction score
Remember when Bill Parcells said "I cant teach this team anything. They're too stupid"

I'm starting to think this may be the big issue here. We just do not play smart football. Every game we see the same mistakes over and over again.

The Patriots have 11 penaltys all year and we average about 10 a game.

What was Tony Curtis thinking on the punt block? Was he even thinking at all?

Big Bill got out when he knew he couldn't teach this team to play smart mistake free football.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did Parcells say that? I remember the Raiders coach said they were the stupidest team in the league and the media jumped all over it. It seems like if Parcells said that about the Cowboys, the media would've pounced on it. I guess I missed that quote.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Everson24;2332018 said:
Remember when Bill Parcells said "I cant teach this team anything. They're too stupid"

I'm starting to think this may be the big issue here. We just do not play smart football. Every game we see the same miskakes over and over again.

What was Tony curtis thinking on the punt block? Was he even thinking at all?

Big Bill got out when he knew he couldn't teach this team to play smart mistake free football.

Last year after the Giants beat our team in the playoffs, my dad commented to me, "It's awfully hard to beat the same team 3 times in one year".

My response to him was, "This team has too many chiefs and very few indians".

kmp77

Reaction score
Wow, when did Parcells say that? I dont recall that exact quote.

Reaction score
Everson24;2332018 said:

I'm starting to think this may be the big issue here. We just do not play smart football. Every game we see the same miskakes over and over again.

What was Tony curtis thinking on the punt block? Was he even thinking at all?

The coaching staff cost the Cowboys this game.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2332042 said:
Yes, he said that but that I think that was 2005, maybe even 2004.

Doesn't matter-most of our current personnel was picked by HIM.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
The sad thing about what he said is the fact that it's true. They show it week after week. Very talented athletes, but very, very stupid with low footbally I.Q.s and poor leadership skills. It's evident.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Too mistake prone
No sense of urgency
Unravel too easily when the momentum of the game shifts

It's been the same thing with this core group of players for several years.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Bingo. This team lacks anything close to intestinal fortitude, and it's been that way SINCE Parcells was here. We are a talented football team no question- but if a team can hang in there and not be awed by our physical prowess we will eventually succumb to pressure and make a crucial mistake that will cost us the football game.

This Cowboys are the ultimate frontrunning team. I have little hope that we will turn the corner and become champions at this point. I don't see it happening. We don't make enough plays when the chips are down, or we make a play and still don't finish due to a mental error or gaffe on someone's part. It's a keystone cop kind of football team that will play with alot of flourish but very little substance.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Everson24;2332018 said:

I'm starting to think this may be the big issue here. We just do not play smart football. Every game we see the same mistakes over and over again.

What was Tony Curtis thinking on the punt block? Was he even thinking at all?

That is loser talk right there. If the coach cant get it done, then he says his players are not smart enough??? What the hell type of reasoning is that???

Jeff Fisher is 5-0 with freaking Kerry Collins and a bunch of scrub WRs, so dont tell me that a team with 13 probowlers is "too dumb to coach".

burmafrd

Reaction score
Why not? Two separate coaching staffs are having the same problem. That is when you start to look at the players.

Everson24

Reaction score
DMX690;2332610 said:
This is a dumb team with a dumb&^% coach.:bang2:

Did anyone catch the fake conversation between Jerry and Wade on 1310 The Ticket after the Commanders loss? It was hilarious. I cant wait to hear what they'll have cooked up after this one.