Parcells Called It

HoosierCowboy

Put Pearson in the HOF
Reaction score
mmohican29;2332772 said:
Bingo. This team lacks anything close to intestinal fortitude, and it's been that way SINCE Parcells was here. We are a talented football team no question- but if a team can hang in there and not be awed by our physical prowess we will eventually succumb to pressure and make a crucial mistake that will cost us the football game.

This Cowboys are the ultimate frontrunning team. I have little hope that we will turn the corner and become champions at this point. I don't see it happening. We don't make enough plays when the chips are down, or we make a play and still don't finish due to a mental error or gaffe on someone's part. It's a keystone cop kind of football team that will play with alot of flourish but very little substance.

Wow, forfeit the last ten, it's over.

djmajestik

Reaction score
The big issue I see is the OL. The first few weeks of the season, we overcame our lack of smarts by bullying teams in the running game, and protecting Romo in the passing game. We had penalties, we had mistakes on D and in the ST, but we were able to overcome them.

Now the last few weeks, something with that OL has changed, Flo is getting beat around the corner, the left side (the weaker side) is collapsing (Proctor??) and even our strong side is not run blocking like they were early on.

People were praising Houck at the start of the year for a wonderful job, but lately, it looks like a completely different line. And why has Holland not broken into the lineup???

I think this all stems from the OL's issues. We were never going to be a real SMART team, but there was so much talent, that we could overcome issues. Now, all that has flown the coop. And I think it all starts with the guys up front.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Everson24;2332018 said:
Remember when Bill Parcells said "I cant teach this team anything. They're too stupid"

I'm starting to think this may be the big issue here. We just do not play smart football. Every game we see the same mistakes over and over again.

The Patriots have 11 penaltys all year and we average about 10 a game.

What was Tony Curtis thinking on the punt block? Was he even thinking at all?

Big Bill got out when he knew he couldn't teach this team to play smart mistake free football.

I guess Wade is doing better then...because the team has a better record under Wade than under Parcells. ;)

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
The team was a yo-yo under parcels, the man is gone. He tried to raid our players and our staff. He left us THIS same team people are complaining about less 2 years of draft picks. I wonder why people still worship the ground he walks on.

R8erFan4Ever

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2332795 said:
That is loser talk right there. If the coach cant get it done, then he says his players are not smart enough??? What the hell type of reasoning is that???

Jeff Fisher is 5-0 with freaking Kerry Collins and a bunch of scrub WRs, so dont tell me that a team with 13 probowlers is "too dumb to coach".

He also has the best defense in the NFL.

30yrheel

Reaction score
this team does seem to be lacking the "mental" aspect. the same stupid mistakes and penalties for several years now.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
R8erFan4Ever;2335602 said:
He also has the best defense in the NFL.
And a team that is just physically tough. They hit hard. Even their DBs.

The Cowboys have too many guys who play like they're afraid they'll get hurt.

30yrheel

Reaction score
Double Trouble;2335649 said:
And a team that is just physically tough. They hit hard. Even their DBs.

The Cowboys have too many guys who play like they're afraid they'll get hurt.

you are correct sir. our team is soft, like wade.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
burmafrd;2332798 said:
Why not? Two separate coaching staffs are having the same problem. That is when you start to look at the players.

Or perhaps you take it to the next step, and look at the root of the problem, rather than the branches....

Exactly who was it who brought the players here in the first place?

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
Call me "stupid", but I think using our top draft picks on the likes of J. Jones, B. Carpenter, 2 OL prospects, who never made it past their 3rd year etc etc, pretty *** "stupid" too;