Parcells Leaving?

S. Fla Sting

Reaction score
Steve Young on ESPN was discussing Parcells leaving after this year. As a matter of fact he stated that he would bet 100$ that Parcells is gone after the season. Personally, I would hate to see BP gone . What are some of your feelings and predictions on this topic.

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
S. Fla Sting said:
Steve Young on ESPN was discussing Parcells leaving after this year. As a matter of fact he stated that he would bet 100$ that Parcells is gone after the season. Personally, I would hate to see BP gone . What are some of your feelings and predictions on this topic.
I thinkhe will loose the $100.00, I dont believe he will leave things in a mess, especially knowing all of the money under the cap they have, draft pics and the fact injuries have hurt badly. That being said IF he spends the money and he drafts wisely he can turn things around IMO

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
I hope Young is right. I cant wait for Parcells to be gone or fired. He has totally ruined this team. He has ruined it so bad it will be 3 or 4 years before this team can look at bein a play off team. If Parcells was to quit after the Eagle game I would love it. Get ridda the old dumb fool.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave after this year. He seems to be more frustrated now than in any other time in his career and has said so as well.

Should he leave, I would lose alot of respect for him. Quitting just cuz it's been a bigger problem than he's ever faced before. Well, alot of that is due directly to him....thinking that he could bring alot of his old players in there and thinking that they would perform at the same level as back then. Pride cometh before the fall.......

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
diehard2231 said:
I thinkhe will loose the $100.00, I dont believe he will leave things in a mess, especially knowing all of the money under the cap they have, draft pics and the fact injuries have hurt badly. That being said IF he spends the money and he drafts wisely he can turn things around IMO

I agree. He can turn it around. And I have confidence in Parcells that he can if he stays the rest of his contract (two more years). Are there that many other coaches you'd want to try to turn something around? You gotta think he'll realize the errors of some of his decisions he made over the offseason and now, and do something to try to fix them for next year, and he's in a position with the cap room and draft picks to do that, or at the least get in that direction.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
CowboyManDan said:
I agree. He can turn it around. And I have confidence in Parcells that he can if he stays the rest of his contract (two more years). Are there that many other coaches you'd want to try to turn something around? You gotta think he'll realize the errors of some of his decisions he made over the offseason and now, and do something to try to fix them for next year, and he's in a position with the cap room and draft picks to do that, or at the least get in that direction.

Alot of us have been thinking that he would have realized the errors of some of his decisions by now.....yet it doesn't seem that he has.

Dough Boy

Seldom Seen
Reaction score
Wolverine said:
He has totally ruined this team. He has ruined it so bad it will be 3 or 4 years before this team can look at bein a play off team. If Parcells was to quit after the Eagle game I would love it. Get ridda the old dumb fool.

Please explain just how 'he' has ruined this team. If memory serves me correctly, this team that he has ruined was 5-11 the three previous seasons prior to his arrival.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Wolverine said:
I hope Young is right. I cant wait for Parcells to be gone or fired. He has totally ruined this team. He has ruined it so bad it will be 3 or 4 years before this team can look at bein a play off team. If Parcells was to quit after the Eagle game I would love it. Get ridda the old dumb fool.

Guess you're gonna be pissed off for a couple more years then. :D

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
Jimz31 said:
Alot of us have been thinking that he would have realized the errors of some of his decisions by now.....yet it doesn't seem that he has.

I hear you. But it could be that he has little choice than to live with those decisions for the rest of the season.

Bababooey

Benched
Reaction score
Steve Young is a dope.

That said, I wish he would leave after the season, I just dont see it happening.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Dough Boy, Wolverine likes to sip on the media-served "kool aid".

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Gotta love all the fairweather fans who jump ship when things don't go exactly as planned. They scream, "FIRE THE COACH." and "GET RID OF THE D COORDINATOR." Yeah, that must be it.

Maybe they should switch teams if it's that bad. :rolleyes:

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Wolverine said:

I am sometimes amazed at how completely ignorant some people can be.

TLW47

Reaction score
I think he is becoming more and more frustrated because all he has tried is not working with this team.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings if he left but it would leave the team in disarray..again.

If I were him I'd take my millions, buy me a condo on the beach in Maui and forget all about the NFL.

Dough Boy

Seldom Seen
Reaction score
Rack said:

This season is akin to what the first season should have been. I think players overachived last year. Generally speaking, Parcells 1st season is worse than the 2nd. I'm not to worried. Also Parcells made a interesting quote when asked about the defenses lack of turnovers. He sayed, "we don't have enough playmakers - yet". If I try not to read too much into the quote, I come away with the following"

1. He is thinking about next years squad makeup
2. He knows the problem, but can't fix it until the offseason.
3. Look for the defense to have more playmakers next year.

Bababooey

Benched
Reaction score
Rack said:

you mean ignorant because he said something you dont agree with?

sip on!

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Bababooey said:
you mean ignorant because he said something you dont agree with?

sip on!

Disagreements are one thing. Ignorance is another. His view is based purely on ignorance.

Let's not face the facts, right?

Like our DCoord sucks.

Our starting RCB is out for the year.

Our starting SS is out for the year (most likely).

Our starting WR is out for the year.

Our starting TE is out for the year.

We have no RB worth a crap.

Nope, none of that has ANYTHING to do with our team playing badly. Let's get rid of the best coach we've had since Tom Landry. It's got to be his fault.

Pure ignorance.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
S. Fla Sting said:

I said after the Cinci debacle that I think there is a really good chance he retires (this time for good) after the season...he just looks tired, worn down, doesnt display the same intensity and out of answers. Unless we have a pretty solid 2nd half of the yr and guys like Henson and Julius Jones shine, he'll be gone.

I'd say the chances of Parcells walking away are 50/50 or better

David

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Parcells will fulfill his contract and possibly stay on for 2 extra years.

Frustration will not drive him away.