Parsons' career playoff stats vs 5 other top former/current DEs/LBers

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Please compare the numbers with the number of playoff games for each player. Are we to assume all these great players also disappeared for playoffs like Parsons? I'm not sure but I think we all can agree the goal of any offensive coordinator during playoffs is to minimize the impact of their opponent's best defensive player, which should be an opportunity for other players to step up. So maybe our expectation for him is a bit too high stat-wise.

For Example.......is it a coincidence that DeMare Ware didn't get his Super Bowl ring until he played with Vonn Miller?

1. Parsons career playoff stats= 1 sack, 18 combo tackles, 8 solo tackles, 10 asst, 4 QB hits (3 games ) https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/ParsMi00.htm

2. DeMarcus Ware career playoff stats= 7sacks, 23 combo tackles, 15 solo tackles, 8 asst, 18 QB hits (5 games )
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WareDe99.htm

3. T. J. Watt's career playoff stats= 1 sack, 8 combo tackles, 6 solo tackles, 2 asst, 5 QB hits (3 games )
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WattT.00.htm

4. Julius Peppers's career playoff stats= 6.5 sacks, 49 combo tackles, 37 solo tackles, 12 asst, 9 QB hits (8 games )
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PeppJu99.htm

5. Reggie White's career playoff stats= 12 sacks, 18 combo tackles, 15 solo tackles, 3 asst ( no QB hits stat) ( 10 games)
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WhitRe00.htm

6. Von Miller's career playoff stats = 10.5 sacks, 47 combo tackles, 39 solo tackles, 8 asst, 18 QB hits ( 6 games )
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MillVo00.htm

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
The parsons doesn’t perform in the playoffs is a ridiculous notion. As previously said he’s played in 4 playoff games.

First one against Tampa he played well
The second game that year against SF he was all over the place… the problem is SF ran the ball 38 times.

His third playoff game our defense did its job. Gave up 19 points and at least 7 of that was a direct result of Dak ints.

Last year against gb… Jordan love threw the ball 21 times….gb ran it down our throats.

What’s a common theme in a lot of these playoff games? Run defense. Why would teams throw against us when they can run at will. When teams are forced to pass they arent going to let Micah beat them. It was the same against the 49ers and bills in regular season… and the Seahawks.

You sure up the run defense Micah can be a far more impactful player. He can’t stop the run on his own. He’s only one guy

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Nope.......but using stats to measure defensive player post season impact is misguided
Parsons is clearly the least impactful player out of the ones you listed.

Watt is the closest to him, but he also has 1 less playoff game played than Parsons.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The parsons doesn’t perform in the playoffs is a ridiculous notion. As previously said he’s played in 4 playoff games.

The second game that year against SF he was all over the place… the problem is SF ran the ball 38 times.

His third playoff game our defense did its job. Gave up 19 points and at least 7 of that was a direct result of Dak ints.

Last year against gb… Jordan love threw the ball 21 times….gb ran it down our throats.

What’s a common theme in a lot of these playoff games? Run defense. Why would teams throw against us when they can run at will. When teams are forced to pass they arent going to let Micah beat them. It was the same against the 49ers and bills in regular season… and the Seahawks.

You sure up the run defense Micah can be a far more impactful player. He can’t stop the run on his own. He’s only one guy
Wait. What? Why are you making excuses?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Many here don’t understand this or are blinded by their hate. Most of them blame everything on Dak. Now they’re saying it’s all Micah’s problem because he shrinks in the playoffs. Same thing they say about Dak. The truth is, all 54 players shrank in the playoffs not just those 2. And they’re reasons like you explained which explains both Micah’s and Dak’s performance in the playoffs.

HungryLion

Reaction score
People here said he was better than Ware. Ware showed up more in the playoffs
I think it’s too early to say better than Ware.

To go along with that though. Ware played his best in the playoffs when he was with the broncos. He was awesome in their Super Bowl run.

So it’s also too early to write Micah off for lack of playoff success too.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Honestly, I think Micah plays too many snaps in the season. He’s on the field too much. He wears down toward the end of the year.

The Natural

Reaction score
Meh, he hasn't showed up in the playoffs. Not to the fans' standard, and not to his own. You cant say “I’m going to be phenomenal,” he said. “[Expletive] phenomenal." and proceed to post a 1 tackle/1 pressure game (lowest pressure rate in a game in his career btw) in a playoff game.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
And Jerry's yes man has arrived.
I’m starting to see what his deal is, usually I don’t even notice who says what on this site, save for a handful of nice folks.

A couple of days ago I had the temerity to have a different opinion, and I called him out for making up something I didn’t say in a post.

So, he called me an alcoholic because I was on the site at 3 am, having trouble sleeping because a loved one just got a diagnosed with advanced stage IV breast cancer.

What a guy.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Wait. What? Why are you making excuses?

My point is it’s ridiculous to look at his stats and say he should have done more. He can’t stop the run on his own.
Also in 3 of those 4 playoff games the defense played well enough to win the game. Micah was part of it. Because he doesn’t have “stats” ppl say he didn’t show up. Which is an insane thought process.

Let me ask what the hell was he supposed to do against gb last year. Aaron jones killed us…. Micah can’t take on every lineman by himself. There is nothing he could have done.