Parsons is now listed as a favor to win DPOY

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
What are the odds we have players winning MVP AND DPOY?

Having players in both conversations tells you how special this season can be.

Kind of surprised that this would come out after a game where our defense played poorly. I guess that last pressure held a lot of value ... or these odds were done before Thursday's game.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
There have been some really close ones

Purdy would have been a strong MVP candidate had he played more than 8 games last year, and of course they had the DPOY

2011 the packers had the MVP and a player who won DPOY in 2009

Brett Favre won MVP 1995, 1996, 1997, and then Reggie DPOY 1998

Bob Sanders won DPOY in between Peyton Winning MVPs, but not same year

Only one I know off the top of my head is 1994 49ers got both

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Kind of surprised that this would come out after a game where our defense played poorly. I guess that last pressure held a lot of value ... or these odds were done before Thursday's game.
Or they saw how much it took for Seattle to keep him off Smith all night. 2-3 blockers most of the time...except when they needed it most.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who cares!!! SB please. Serious. Mvp, Dpoy. Blah blah. Super Damn Bowl. Screw the Bs. Way too many years. If any if our guys wins any of that crap without a SB. Are u satisfied?????
You take the wins where you can get it.

You also put the lotion on the skin or you will get the hose again.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Who cares!!! SB please. Serious. Mvp, Dpoy. Blah blah. Super Damn Bowl. Screw the Bs. Way too many years. If any if our guys wins any of that crap without a SB. Are u satisfied?????
Players playing well enough to be in conversation can only help the team......win it or not. Either way, it's certainly not "crap".

Lodeus

Reaction score
Butkus won it on a 1-13 team

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
BTW....does DKS stand for Draft King Sportbookie? Just asking coz it's a very good stock on Wall Street

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
True but he's blowing pressure and win rate out the water........while playing 2 positions I might add.
Yeah.
Imagine we lost LVE and Overshown....I know Overshown is a rook and had not proved himself yet but he seemed to be getting plenty of praise in camp.

The idea that you have Bell playing LB and a second year LB as your main starters at LB. With Parsons having to help here and there.

Pretty Crazy

coult44

Reaction score
Do you know how many sacks he would have if he didn’t get held every play? There’s not a more dominant player in the NFL. His analytics stats are off the chart. There’s not a player in the league who gets as much attention.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Do you know how many sacks he would have if he didn’t get held every play? There’s not a more dominant player in the NFL. His analytics stats are off the chart. There’s not a player in the league who gets as much attention.
Just saying it was a bad game for our defense until the end, so I wouldn't think he'd become the favorite after such an outing.

He also leads the league in pressure stats.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
Just saying it was a bad game for our defense until the end, so I wouldn't think he'd become the favorite after such an outing.

He also leads the league in pressure stats.
He is the favorite because Garret is injured