Parsons is the greatest football player ever

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We are definitely fortunate to land him. He’s a bright ray of sunshine on an average defense.

I think I might pump the brakes a little on Goat. This franchise has had plentiful defensive talent throughout our history. But not in our current era.

Ware is probably only other in this era which I’d place in same category or impact out of the chute. This kid appears to be special.

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
I choose to focus on the positive.

My goodness we struck it rich with this kid. He’s the defensive player of the year as a rookie in my book.

If he keeps up this insane pace throughout his career, he will certainly be in the argument for one of the greatest. He is unreal and is only a rookie!

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I agree, he didn't even whiff on that one, because he didn't really try. I'm sure he could've made the tackle. Then again, at that point he might've been gassed. He was running around a hell of a lot by that point in the game.
I wasn’t trying to disrespect him. I was just pointing out what actually happened. Great coaches always look for mistakes to work with lol

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If he keeps up this insane pace throughout his career, he will certainly be in the argument for one of the greatest. He is unreal and is only a rookie!

The Cowboys have a way about having elite Rookies and somehow ruining them during the off-season.

So many of them look fast and productive as a rookie and then look clunky and slow after their rookie season.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Lawrence is a great prospect but I think even the Jags would have to think twice at this point.
Can't recall the last first overall qb who has proven his worth....if a team cannot build around them, then we know what the end result will be and has proven to be over the last decade or so

plasticman

Reaction score
Parsons has to play 3 years before he is eligible for a new contract per NFL rules I think.

But that contract will be massive.
Didn't know that. When Zeke held out before the end of his rookie contract I thought then that there were no rules that applied. Thanks for the info.

Yes, it will be massive but I think there are very few players in history worthy of that consideration. However, Parsons will be one of those rare players.

conner01

Reaction score

My goodness we struck it rich with this kid. He’s the defensive player of the year as a rookie in my book.
He’s a lock for DROY
If he keeps on pace he’s gonna be in the conversation for DPOY but he’d have to get up near the top in sacks

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score

Maybe...but he can't beat me up.

Thomas82

Reaction score
Seen LT in his NCAA days, he has nothing on this kid. And would get smoked in a 40, he was a 4.6 cat.

LT had 9 sacks his rookie season
Parsons has 9 right now

Parsons actually got his 10th sack last night, but point taken.