Parsons: LEO or MLB?

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Kid has talent.

just don’t known where is gonna play.

Smith and LVE are the top 2 LBs. Hate them or not.

If we keep the 4-2-5 base, where does he start?

HungryLion

Reaction score
I think he does both. He could split time with both Randy Gregory and Leighton Vander Esch, and play a large amount of snaps.

Yeah I can definitely see them using Parsons at end in certain situations. Especially if they want to slide Randy inside in 3rd and long or end of game situations.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Kid has talent.

Kid has talent.

These are fair questions. Only an issue for a season though. No way both Jaylon and LVE are on the team the following season.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
I think Parsons is WLB, LVE is Middle, and Smith is SLB. I think Neal was the plan, but Parson is just bigger and faster. Neal probably backs him up and maybe competes with Wilson at SS.
My guess is that Smith is on the thinnest ice since SLB is a part-time position. He was healthy last year and played poorly. He needs to play very well to not be cut next season. If he plays well, I can Parsons and Smith being used interchangeably like chess pieces.
The best thing for the team would be for LVE to be healthy and get back to '18 form. Having LVE and Parson together would be really good.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Kid has talent.

These are fair questions. Only an issue for a season though. No way both Jaylon and LVE are on the team the following season.

I don’t see LVE losing his job. It will take another neck injury/broken collar bone to sideline him. His skills have not degraded.

Unless Jaylon stops tackling runners, unlikely, he stays at MLB.

Neal is the S/WLB in the 4-2-5, unless he forgets how to play S.

All three of those guys are pro bowl players.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I think Parsons is WLB, LVE is Middle, and Smith is SLB. I think Neal was the plan, but Parson is just bigger and faster. Neal probably backs him up and maybe competes with Wilson at SS.
My guess is that Smith is on the thinnest ice since SLB is a part-time position. He was healthy last year and played poorly. He needs to play very well to not be cut next season. If he plays well, I can Parsons and Smith being used interchangeably like chess pieces.
The best thing for the team would be for LVE to be healthy and get back to '18 form. Having LVE and Parson together would be really good.

this is the problem with the pick.

we drafted a talented LB, but we don’t have an opening for him to start.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I don’t see LVE losing his job. It will take another neck injury/broken collar bone to sideline him. His skills have not degraded.

Unless Jaylon stops tackling runners, unlikely, he stays at MLB.

Neal is the S/WLB in the 4-2-5, unless he forgets how to play S.

All three of those guys are pro bowl players.

Jaylon smiths days are numbered. Writing is on the wall.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
He is the most talented player currently on this defense, he will be on the field more then any other LB at some point this season. They will figure out where he fits and the others will be fighting for playing time.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
this is the problem with the pick.

we drafted a talented LB, but we don’t have an opening for him to start.

If it is true that they were hot after KJ Wright, then Quinn probably has a role in his mind for another LB, just not 100% what it is...

JBS

Reaction score
There is zero chance Parsons primilary used as a Leo...zero..can be play there occasionally and rush? Sure. No way he's your primary Leo

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
He is the most talented player currently on this defense, he will be on the field more then any other LB at some point this season. They will figure out where he fits and the others will be fighting for playing time.

It’s kind of funny how people are saying there’s no where for him to play... as if Jaylon was lighting the world on fire these last two seasons or something.

HungryLion

Reaction score
There is zero chance Parsons primilary used as a Leo...zero..can be play there occasionally and rush? Sure. No way he's your primary Leo

Yeah I don’t see him deploying him there the entire time.

I can see them using him in an edge rushing role in certain packages though.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
He will eventually end up in the middle.

Jaylon can cut one way but not effectively the other. That should move him to the side of the field where he does not have to look like the walking wounded when a back jukes him out of his jock.

LVE will play outside.

But one of the points made on a show I watched is Parsons and his speed could be a terrific rusher from the middle.

Now go get a couple of DT's to protect him and let him run to the ball.

RamziD

Reaction score
I think he’s an OLB. Let’s get Cameron McGrone, who can play MLB, in the 4th.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I have to ask what do people think.

Does Micah Parsons far used as an MLB or does Dan Quinn use him in the Bruce Irvin, LEO role?

the Seahawks have been using a LEO for years now, dating back to the legion of boom years.

I am very curious how Quinn plans to deploy Micah. So I wanted to know what people think.

Please don’t use this thread to complain about the pick itself. Save that for the other threads.

It better be Leo to make the pick worth it DP. But I think it's Bobby Wagner MLB position.

JMO

Bluefin

Reaction score
think Parsons is WLB, LVE is Middle, and Smith is SLB.
I hope the LBs are capable of handling multiple roles and we see various looks on defense.

When all 3 are on the field, I would want Leighton Vander Esch at WLB and Jaylon Smith at MLB. That's where they played the best in the past.

Micah Parsons can be the SLB in those looks, he's by far the best rush option of the LBs.

I don't want to see a lot of "base" 4-3 because it's a passing league, but the run defense needs massive improvement from a year ago to discourage offenses from trying to run the ball.

The DL has to defend the run better along with improved front 7 gap discipline.