Twitter: Parsons NFC defensive player of the week

kevm3

Reaction score
The thing I like about Parsons is that he's a super sure handed tackler, but he also manages to avoid huge collisions, so that should help preserve his longevity. He's not out there trying to give guys concussions.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
looks like a young lion is always hungry will be a great player for cowboys

Reactions: BAT

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
who else is eligible for dpoy im not keeping up.i mean we only 7 games in for us..that not even half way
Garrett has 10.5 sacks. Diggs, of course. I have no doubt that Donald and TJ Watt will be in the conversation at the end.

The Rookie of the Year conversation is getting pretty boring. Parsons and Chase own the awards unless something bad happens to them (knock on wood). Ojulari has 5.5 sacks. Rousseau's been pretty good. But nobody's breathing down Parsons' neck.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Looking back at the draft and knowing now what we have at linebacker/D-End vs Corner it really seems Dallas had the best possible player fall into their lap in the first. This kid is a real game-wrecker and will be for years to come.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Made this point in the game thread...among other things, he single-handedly eliminated those RB/FB swing passes which is a major staple of Minny's offense. Great performance

great improvement as those always seemed to give us problems under the Marinelli scheme

reddyuta

Reaction score
Garrett has 10.5 sacks. Diggs, of course. I have no doubt that Donald and TJ Watt will be in the conversation at the end.

The Rookie of the Year conversation is getting pretty boring. Parsons and Chase own the awards unless something bad happens to them (knock on wood). Ojulari has 5.5 sacks. Rousseau's been pretty good. But nobody's breathing down Parsons' neck.

if oujalari gets like 12 sacks they will give it to him,sacks are sexy in the NFL.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
That Vikings game proved to me that Parsons is best utilized as a linebacker.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I think you already know the answer.

I sure do.
:laugh:
It’s mind blowing that the guy just won’t or can’t admit he was wrong. He wanted us to draft Phillips lol. Parsons has no value. Lol it’s amazing to be that wrong literally all of the time and act like you’re the smartest person in the room.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
That Vikings game proved to me that Parsons is best utilized as a linebacker.

True however the ability to move him at various LB spots and the ability to put him a DE gives Quinn a lot of flexibility. I think we will continue to see him getting snaps at LB as well as DE. I think Quinn will be able to do more once DLaw is back. You can have Gregory coming from his DE spot and have DLaw with Parsons line up behind DLaw and run some big time pass rushing headaches.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
True however the ability to move him at various LB spots and the ability to put him a DE gives Quinn a lot of flexibility. I think we will continue to see him getting snaps at LB as well as DE. I think Quinn will be able to do more once DLaw is back. You can have Gregory coming from his DE spot and have DLaw with Parsons line up behind DLaw and run some big time pass rushing headaches.
Understand I didn't say which LB position to play him. He needs to move around and I agree there are opportunities where he can line up at DE to take advantage of something the opponent's offense is doing wrong. The thought of DLaw, Gregory and Parsons on the field at the same time this season should be giving OCs nightmares.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s mind blowing that the guy just won’t or can’t admit he was wrong. He wanted us to draft Phillips lol. Parsons has no value. Lol it’s amazing to be that wrong literally all of the time and act like you’re the smartest person in the room.

And to have the complete lack of character to simply admit when you’re wrong.

Like others, he’s rendered himself as nothing more than noise at this point, where his posts and opinions mean nothing.

Reactions: BAT