Parsons was the right pick, but we need to invest in Tyron’s replacement

DuncanIso

Reaction score
  • Josh Ball
    • He has the talent but unfortunately they won't get to see him in a game before the next draft.
    • Josh Ball was a better prospect in 2017 as a redshirt freshman than Terence Steele was as a Senior in 2020.
    • Probably not a good idea to change draft plans based on a player that has not even played a snap in the NFL.
  • Collins & Tyron
    • They're not going to pay a 10M base salary to Collins and 13.5M base to Tyron in 2022 with Steele ready to replace Collins.
  • Collins & Steele
    • Steele and Collins are RT only, IMO.
  • Steele
    • At RT Steele looks like a guy that was a 1st or 2nd round pick.
    • At LT he looks like a guy that wouldn't even get signed as a UDFA.

Maybe on Ball.

Imho, our 2021 2nd round pick should have been OL.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe on Ball.

Imho, our 2021 2nd round pick should have been OL.

The Cowboys have had the most draft success when they draft BPA.

Forcing a position pick in a specific round is the worst possible method of drafting.

If Parsons had been gone in the 1st they were going to draft OT Rashawn Slater.
- Slater is the reason they took the calculated risk to draft down.

starfan1

Reaction score
My opinion is despite what numbers may say this oline is living more off reputation than actual domination like in the past

good solid physical fronts can give this team fits as they are no longer the 2014-16 group and Jerry’s lack of finding good back ups at LT kills us when Tyron goes out who when fresh is still able to get it done but as season wears missed games and watch his holding penalties get more frequent

reddyuta

Reaction score

Forcing a position pick in a specific round is the worst possible method of drafting.

absolutely right.the giants could have drafted him when we traded down but they traded down too,we were ok with wither Slater or Parsons.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
….we need to invest in Tyron’s replacement in the worst way. I am hoping that Ball turns out to be the next big thing.

The OL looked like a dumpster fire today. KC’s defense hasn’t been all that great this season and we made them look like the 85 Bears defense today.

We are going to go as the OL goes unfortunately. So we better hope that we manage Tyron so he is ready for the playoffs, even if it means we have to lose a few games between now and then. If Tyron is out when the playoffs start it could be a really early exit for us.

Blocking is everything.

I know it gets boring on draft day but who cares.. If you can block you can win with anybody. Look at New England right now.

They are one of the few teams besides us who can actually block people.

Rookie QB, below average receivers, decent RBs (Stevenson could be a star but Belichick is gonna hold him back).

terra

Reaction score
My only disappointment with the draft class was the injury to Josh Ball.

He looked like a legit LT prospect as a redshirt freshman at Florida State.

He would have been 2nd or 1st round pick if he had stayed at Florida State.

Obviously character is a huge question mark but the talent is obvious.

He played with a nasty demeanor that has been missing from the Cowboys OL since Erik Williams retired.
- (With the exception of those 7 great games by a Cowboys OT in 2014...)
I say Colombo was pretty nasty.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Micah is for real.

but our OL needs help.

OL over LB
The defense was dreadful last year and Parsons has helped it immensely. He plays LB and DL, the young man is amazing. They'll do something soon to fix the OL, they have to!

blueblood70

Reaction score
Look people keep poo pooing my idea i feel that Collins is the future LT, hes left handed and given an entire offseason, camps, and pre-season games to get acclimated mentally and physically to LT , im betting he can do the job..

move steel to RT and hope ball or another mid round OT can be in the waiting for either tackle spot but be the swing tackle in 2022..

we still need defense in early rounds DT, possibly DE. and other positions. Also possible we need a TE and who do we lose at WR? we have OL on this roster and can work with them..its not desperate times to be using a first round pick on the ol..

Hadenough

Reaction score
….we need to invest in Tyron’s replacement in the worst way. I am hoping that Ball turns out to be the next big thing.

The OL looked like a dumpster fire today. KC’s defense hasn’t been all that great this season and we made them look like the 85 Bears defense today.

We are going to go as the OL goes unfortunately. So we better hope that we manage Tyron so he is ready for the playoffs, even if it means we have to lose a few games between now and then. If Tyron is out when the playoffs start it could be a really early exit for us.
I agree!!

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
yeah, let's trade the whole defense so shaky can feel some confidence while he uses brail to scan the defense. smh.. what lengths do you have to go through for this guy, not every quarterback in the NFL has as good a line as he does. sheesh. maybe pay him more and he will learn how to avoid rushes. sheesh.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I disagree, about needing his replacement as he is still elite when he plays. An elite tackle playing 12 games a year, is far better then player a worse player 16 games. He also is on a cap friendly contract.
You are spot on. Supposedly his had a high ankle sprain in the Patriots game. I don’t know why Dr. Jerrah said bone spurs. I remember watching the replay and Pollard clearly stepped on the back of his ankle. That injury could happen to any linemen.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Agree, it is time to look at his replacement. Even if he plays say 12 games the 5 he doesn't play the OL is pure s--- and cannot block 4 Grandma's rushing Dak.

Scotman

Reaction score

100% agree. Not drafting BPA is how you end up with Taco instead of Watt. If Slater was the consolation prize, you couldn't lose.

Brooksey

Reaction score
We can never stop investing in our offensive line with premium picks IMO. I'd take a LT early and id be interested in Guard, Center a bit later