Twitter: Parsons working with DeMarcus Ware

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Thus is great, although, I'm sure will have plenty of negative things to say......who'll be the first?

We don't have any nicknames for him. We need to give him one. Lest we forget the likes of Hollywood, Manster, Big Cat, Bullet Bob, and others. The Nightmare, The Tiger, or, since he went to Penn State and we haven't used this nickname yet for a player, The Puma would be good for him.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'll need to see him play a bit first.

I think with the way he attacks the ball and was pouncing on players during the preseason to get them to the ground, I think "The Puma" would fit him quite nicely. Pumas are known for being vicious when they are on the attack, and Parsons looks vicious when he goes after the ball and ball carrier (specifically the QB).

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
So Parsons is going to be our 3rd pass rusher then? Move Tank Lawrence inside on pass downs and line up Parsons next to him? With Gregory on the other side? Hmm......

IF he can have some serious pass-rushing success early and word get around the league, it will impact the entire D. Why......coz Quinn will send him from everywhere, and with that, guess what a QB first priority will be coming to the line of scrimmage? lol

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
IF he can have some serious pass-rushing success early and word get around the league, it will impact the entire D. Why......coz Quinn will send him from everywhere, and with that, guess what a QB first priority will be coming to the line of scrimmage? lol
I predict Parsons will have about 6-7 sacks, 4-5 takeaways and 2-3 ints as a rookie, along with 100+ combined tackles, netting him DROY.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
Would be the first cowboy to do it!
I wouldn't be surprised. Also wouldn't be surprised if the defense is very complementary style and is perhaps upper-middling in yardage allowed, but near the top of the league in sacks and takeaways. The front 7 is oozing with talent. The DT corps is better than people think. With the newfound life at safety all that needs to hold up is that CB2 and slot corner position. Which could be our downfall on defense, especially against cerebral QBs like Brady. I just hope Anthony Brown gets benched for a rookie when he inevitably gets torched a ton in the first week or two.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The Intimidator

Meh, that's not bad, but I think we can come up better than that. How about The King Cobra? Kobe Bryant was the "Black Mamba", which is the fastest snake on the planet. The king cobra is one of the smartest animals on the planet, and the king cobra is also considered one of the most dangerous snakes. Parsons seems football smart with the way he goes after the ball, but he's also very dangerous to opposing QBs and ball carriers.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised. Also wouldn't be surprised if the defense is very complementary style and is perhaps upper-middling in yardage allowed, but near the top of the league in sacks and takeaways. The front 7 is oozing with talent. The DT corps is better than people think. With the newfound life at safety all that needs to hold up is that CB2 and slot corner position. Which could be our downfall on defense, especially against cerebral QBs like Brady. I just hope Anthony Brown gets benched for a rookie when he inevitably gets torched a ton in the first week or two.
I bet you wouldn't be surprised, after all, you worship at his feet and consider the ground he walks on holy. :rolleyes: